Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #929
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Something I'd love to see in UFC 4:

Separated difficulty for stand up and ground game.

An example under the current system:

I love the AIs grappling on Legendary, it almost feels competent, but it's striking just feels way too mechanically perfect.

It's always throwing the right strike in the right direction and will slip damn near everything setup or no and it has that impeccable frame time knowledge that just destroys my existence.

But Pro presents a much more realistic striking output and defense that's also challenging, but the ground game is pretty easy, one denial from top gives you a free transition against all but the best AIs on Pro, 2 from bottom against high level wrestlers.

I also see a lot of casual players complain that the AI is too good for them on the ground at higher difficulties and too easy on the feet at lower so this would alleviate that I believe.
Great idea. Its similar to the Show where there is separate difficulties for pitching and hitting.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #930
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Great idea. Its similar to the Show where there is separate difficulties for pitching and hitting.
Would be cool if the AI template could be different for striking and grappling as well.

It would make a big difference when creating Cafs
Old 01-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #931
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Would be cool if the AI template could be different for striking and grappling as well.

It would make a big difference when creating Cafs
Intrested to see what Skynet thinks about that because at first glance it doesnt appear to be an easy thing to add with the way the AI templates were structured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #932
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Intrested to see what Skynet thinks about that because at first glance it doesnt appear to be an easy thing to add with the way the AI templates were structured.
I hope it could be changed. Also the sliders being switched to Red vs Blue corner. That way we can use them for cpu vs cpu matches.

Add in online sliders (for quick match invites) and I dont think I could ask for much else.

Ability to edit the roster an save/share/ use online would be incredible but I wont get my hopes up on that.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #933
Rookie

Quote:
I hope it could be changed. Also the sliders being switched to Red vs Blue corner. That way we can use them for cpu vs cpu matches.

Add in online sliders (for quick match invites) and I dont think I could ask for much else.

Ability to edit the roster an save/share/ use online would be incredible but I wont get my hopes up on that.
Being able to efit rosters, sharing rosters/CAFs and use them in career or a franchise mode is pretty much a must for me in the next installment. Won't borger buti g it if the offline isn't really playsble consistently.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #934
EA Sports UFC Developer

Indeed, splitting difficulty for standup and ground is by no means trivial, and splitting the AI type in standup and ground is also not trivial. I wouldn't hold my breath for such changes.

Really, what you're after is just a different template. CAFs have access to the full list of fighter customizations, so you just need to use the one that fits closest to what you're after. Mixing and matching isn't realistically going to happen.

Honestly, it's much more likely that CAFs would just get full customization of their settings than it would be to mix and max different fighter AIs.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:56 PM   #935
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Indeed, splitting difficulty for standup and ground is by no means trivial, and splitting the AI type in standup and ground is also not trivial. I wouldn't hold my breath for such changes.

Really, what you're after is just a different template. CAFs have access to the full list of fighter customizations, so you just need to use the one that fits closest to what you're after. Mixing and matching isn't realistically going to happen.

Honestly, it's much more likely that CAFs would just get full customization of their settings than it would be to mix and max different fighter AIs.
Full customization would be perfect

Is there any chance we can get that for roster fighters as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #936
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Full customization would be perfect

Is there any chance we can get that for roster fighters as well?
There's always a chance, but this is something I've been shut down on before. I know other sports games have done it, and I know people want it. UFC doesn't have the resources and long-term history that other titles do, and this is actually a very expensive feature to build.

I would hope they get into the game, but they are not something we can add on a whim. That's really all I can say about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »