Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #945
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Who has the most aggressive wrestler AI?

I made an Askren caf but gave trouble finding a caf that’ll force the grappling exchanges and focus on control on the ground
Actually it just occurred to me you could also strip his CAF of submissions (except say one or two) and give him Demian Maia's AI, that's definitely one of the best grappler AIs.

If Royce has a unique AI his may work too, the only issue with these guys is they kick a lot on the feet which isn't really Askrens jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #946
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Who has the most aggressive wrestler AI?

I made an Askren caf but gave trouble finding a caf that’ll force the grappling exchanges and focus on control on the ground
Its Cejudo or Gadelha if its a specific customization or anyone with the GNP generic customizations (Maynard, Bermudez, Aguilar, Miller, Coleman etc.)
Old 03-12-2019, 09:28 PM   #947
MVP

I realize these aren't able to be fixed now, but I'll still post incase they apply to UFC 4.

Derrick Lewis' AI shouldn't be a wrestlebox one, he shoots WAAAY too many take-downs in game, I'd recommend a more Brawler type that shoots maybe once or twice.

Jessica Penne still has a pure striker AI too.

Also I never though I'd say this but I think aggressive AI sub-types need to lead more.

Not all. And of the few not many. But there isn't a hyper-aggressive pressure fighter AI and there probably should be one.

Anyone else got AI types they'd like to see added?
I'd love more variations.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 03-12-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #948
MVP

^^ a thai clinch heavy AI. So their aim is mostly to get the fight into a clinch to lands knees and elbows.

Unless there is one already?

I'd actually like to see the AI in general clinch more, and strikes to be caught into a clinch like in THQ.

The fight really only goes to the clinch if I want it to. And then the AI is pretty dopey unfortunately, or maybe the clinch is just too basic and predictable, but basically it is like Easy mode when in the clinch.

Perhaps the clinch itself needs more depth. Not in terms of denial directions vs reflexes but I mean push / pull, head manipulation, more strikes, more ways in and out of the clinch.

Running a muay thai league but unfortunately no one really clinches much or initiates.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 03-20-2019, 02:50 AM   #949
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
^^ a thai clinch heavy AI. So their aim is mostly to get the fight into a clinch to lands knees and elbows.

Unless there is one already?

I'd actually like to see the AI in general clinch more, and strikes to be caught into a clinch like in THQ.

The fight really only goes to the clinch if I want it to. And then the AI is pretty dopey unfortunately, or maybe the clinch is just too basic and predictable, but basically it is like Easy mode when in the clinch.

Perhaps the clinch itself needs more depth. Not in terms of denial directions vs reflexes but I mean push / pull, head manipulation, more strikes, more ways in and out of the clinch.

Running a muay thai league but unfortunately no one really clinches much or initiates.
Overeems original AI was a MT clinch spammer almost haha, always looking for those knees but he doesn't use it as much since he got the Econoreem AI (aka the counter striker AI)

A few other fighters whose names sadly elude me do still have Overeems original AI and they often go for a Thai plum. Possibly Almeida and GDR from memory.

Overall though I agree the AI isn't good from the clinch and that the clinch REALLY needs more depth, strike catches would be fun.

The AI also doesn't fake transitions all in the clinch as far as I can tell. That might be a good addition. It's WAY to easy to work its pattern currently.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 AM   #950
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
The AI also doesn't fake transitions all in the clinch as far as I can tell. That might be a good addition. It's WAY to easy to work its pattern currently.
Nor do they throw much knees or pitter patter shots in over under. Nor trips. Most seem to go from over under to double under to back clinch or thai. Never feel threatened in over under!

YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
Old 03-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #951
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Nor do they throw much knees or pitter patter shots in over under. Nor trips. Most seem to go from over under to double under to back clinch or thai. Never feel threatened in over under!
Yeah I completely agree!

This ties in a little with one of my major complaints since launch, the AIs patterns and how often it repeats them win or lose.

Sticking with the clinch, the AI basically boils down to 2 major patterns when in open clinch (not on the cage)

Grapple friendly AI: get single collar or over/under, pause, go for double under, immediately go for a body lock if wrestler, go for the back if grappler.

Striker AI: Look to break or Thai plum.

That's it. That's 95% of clinching with the AI. So once you've recognized these patterns it becomes obscenely easy to stop them or capitalise on them.

Which in turn harkens back to my argument for adaptive AI, or at the very least, an AI that abandons tactics that aren't working for atleast the rest of the round.

If that doesn't happen I would like to see the AIs open clinch expanded like its cage clinch game was. The AI doesn't suck on the cage, it's not great, but it doesn't suck. It mixes it up and strikes WAY more than open clinch.

Another thing I'd love to see is the AI dynamically choosing clinch take-downs, I can't tell you how many times Frankie Edgar or someone similar has gone for a body lock on me when they have a higher level double leg available from the same position.

I'd also like to see a wall-and-stall AI because I'm a bit of a sadist. Covington already kind of does it when he hits the driving TD to the fence then smothers you, but he also abandons it for random kickboxing that usually gets him merked so... yeah. Hahaha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #952
MVP

I wonder if they added more break methods for the clinch from double under, back clinch and over / under, that would result in strike template clinchers going for those positions..

Like a thai trip of sorts from double under into a low flying knee or something else devastating. Back clinch push to head kick as the guy spins around. Or back clinch to posture break to knees to the ribs from behind, or to the thighs.

Like a way to chain those positions into striking.

Then for grapplers, give them more ways to get the fight to the ground from over under, thai plum etc. so if the ai fails to transition they could try takedowns instead.

It would add variety for sure.

YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »