Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #905
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Would love to see Tim Means get a nice character update for UFC 4.

Just had a dominant fight against Alves. Cracked him standing and finished him with a choke in the 1st round.

I've been a big fan of Means for a while, but he's unplayable for me in UFC 3, strictly because his body type is just sooooo wrong. He looks like a Light Heavy Weight in the game, when he should be a skinny lanky fighter.

Anyway, good to see a strong comeback like that after being injured in his last fight. Hope he gets a nice update in UFC 4.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #906
MVP

A few thoughts from 245, without looking at the in-game stats. Might edit this with specific stat changes later.

— Moraes has **** cardio. We saw it against Cejudo, we saw it again here. Don't know what his striking stamina is right now but I'd suggest an 88. In a game with realistic damage, his power should make up for it well enough.

— here's the controversial one: Aldo is no longer a threat with leg kicks. This has been the case for a while now. He's just a boxer at this point. I know the likes of Romero are huge Aldo fans so this will get backlash but I'm wondering what can be done to make Aldo less of a threat with his kicks. A Prime Aldo character should have the current leg kick stats, but Aldo hasn't retired (just like Anderson Silva), and he's not in his prime, and current Aldo doesn't kick. You know it to be true.

— Colby Covington reacted to every body shot Usman landed. That's a possible weakness in his game. I don't know what his current body health is but I'd suggest an 89.

— upkicks are deadly (Nunes vs GDR). They're never not dangerous. Every time a fighter lands one they stagger the other fighter, and they often stagger them badly. They also knock people out. So make upkicks a serious KO threat. If you wanna jump in someone's guard you should have to really think about the proper timing. Also, just holding block to avoid all upkicks from Feet On Hips and causing the kicker to lose all stamina is number one bull****. Avoiding those has to be timed too, and the kicker shouldn't lose nearly as much stamina if they miss.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #907
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Did Aldo throw a single leg kick the whole fight?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #908
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Did Aldo throw a single leg kick the whole fight?
I believe he threw one leg kick.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #909
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I believe he threw one leg kick.
I don't think he throws any kicks anymore, not just leg kicks. Not to the body and not to head either. Any kicks he throws are so few and far between. I know he wants to do actual boxing so I wondered whether he's practicing just boxing, but there have been talks about a possible inability to throw kicks due to some injury for a while now. In any case, this has not been Classic Aldo for a long while.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #910
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
A few thoughts from 245, without looking at the in-game stats. Might edit this with specific stat changes later.

— Moraes has **** cardio. We saw it against Cejudo, we saw it again here. Don't know what his striking stamina is right now but I'd suggest an 88. In a game with realistic damage, his power should make up for it well enough.

— here's the controversial one: Aldo is no longer a threat with leg kicks. This has been the case for a while now. He's just a boxer at this point. I know the likes of Romero are huge Aldo fans so this will get backlash but I'm wondering what can be done to make Aldo less of a threat with his kicks. A Prime Aldo character should have the current leg kick stats, but Aldo hasn't retired (just like Anderson Silva), and he's not in his prime, and current Aldo doesn't kick. You know it to be true.

— Colby Covington reacted to every body shot Usman landed. That's a possible weakness in his game. I don't know what his current body health is but I'd suggest an 89.

— upkicks are deadly (Nunes vs GDR). They're never not dangerous. Every time a fighter lands one they stagger the other fighter, and they often stagger them badly. They also knock people out. So make upkicks a serious KO threat. If you wanna jump in someone's guard you should have to really think about the proper timing. Also, just holding block to avoid all upkicks from Feet On Hips and causing the kicker to lose all stamina is number one bull****. Avoiding those has to be timed too, and the kicker shouldn't lose nearly as much stamina if they miss.
Kicked against Max and kicked against Stephens, traded kicks as well, and threw a few at Moicano. Hell, threw at Edgar and VISIBLY reddened his leg with just two at UFC 200, post Conor McGregor loss. It's something in his back pocket, and I have expressed that since the foot break he throws it less, but it does not mean it's not there. He didn't throw the leg kicks against Volkanovski and Moraes.

His boxing has tremendously improved and his pull counters against Max (along with all of Max's counters himself) led to an awesome fight I rewatch in UFC 218.

https://twitter.com/ARomeroXVII/stat...943801344?s=19

Check these out when you can.

But I'll throw these gifs in there as well.

Visible impact here:

Again, Post Jung his leg kick output diminished after breaking his foot, but his power and technique is ALWAYS there. Hell Lamas was RIGHT after Jung, and he pummeled him with those leg kicks throughout the fight as well.

I can find more gifs from the post Conor era, but you surely get my point now.

I think his LEAD leg kicks should remain a level 2/3, but the rear leg kick should remain the way it's been.

Volkanovski should have a level 4 Lead Leg Kick and level 3 rear, his utilization of them were BEAUTIFUL against Max and Aldo.

On Moraes, 100% agree, 88 Striking Stam. Aldo looked great for his first time at 135, and ate two of his head kicks early, something nobody else in the division can say, and put it on him in the second, and continued to pressure in round 3.

And hell yeah, more damage for Upkicks!
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 12-16-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:00 AM   #911
MVP

@Romero

Hey, I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to kick anymore . I haven't suggested anything specific actually. I'm just saying that kicking is no longer a part of Jose Aldo's active moveset, certainly not nearly as much as it once used to be. I did say in my initial post that his kicks are few and far between. So he will throw the occasional kick like once every 3 rounds ot something like that but you obviously see the difference between him back in the day and how central to his style his kicks were and what it's like now.

As for his boxing, I never really discussed that but what I can say for sure is that I do notice he's very, perhaps surprisingly so, willing to engage in a brawl due to his ego. It's not purely technical and composed. His head movement speed is unbelievable though. I've watched it and though that should be a 97-98 if it isn't already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #912
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
@Romero

Hey, I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to kick anymore . I haven't suggested anything specific actually. I'm just saying that kicking is no longer a part of Jose Aldo's active moveset, certainly not nearly as much as it once used to be. I did say in my initial post that his kicks are few and far between. So he will throw the occasional kick like once every 3 rounds ot something like that but you obviously see the difference between him back in the day and how central to his style his kicks were and what it's like now.

As for his boxing, I never really discussed that but what I can say for sure is that I do notice he's very, perhaps surprisingly so, willing to engage in a brawl due to his ego. It's not purely technical and composed. His head movement speed is unbelievable though. I've watched it and though that should be a 97-98 if it isn't already.
He's definitely a technical brawler when needed, but against Max (until Round 3, accredited to Max disrupting his rhythm), Edgar (UFC 200) Mendes, Stephens, Moicano and most recently Moraes, you see fruits of the technicality of Aldo when it comes to his boxing, especially since he started training with the Garcia's.

But like you stated his ego is his issue, and it pains me Everytime.

Whether it be his head movement (this pivot used exceptionally well against Mendes and Edgar)

Or distance management

^ This may be one of my favorite things about him right here.

Holloway switches stances, mirroring Aldo’s pivot (meaning he won’t have to cut off as large an angle) and leads with a hopping feint (a setup he used frequently against Anthony Pettis). Aldo hadn’t read the stance switch yet, which allowed Holloway to enter with the southpaw jab and low line side kick. Aldo pulls his front leg back and slides out of range. Along the fence, he immediately begins sliding his head out the left. As Holloway marches and tries a long right hook as Aldo is circling, Aldo again slides his head out of the way. Smooth.

Ridiculous Pull Counter speed here against a JAB:

Hell his head movement after getting hit by a Moraes head kick was ABSURD.

But yeah, I get what you mean. But, I've always felt like you should be able to play the fighter to whatever 'version' you want to play as. I can play like WEC Aldo or I can play like 'UFC 200 Aldo' and neutralize my opponent with just the jab and the occasional leg kick.

My personal issue is his corner, they need to tell him to finish stronger in the third round. Dede tells him he's up 2-0 and then he relaxes because he believes he's up.

I'd also argue that another reason why Aldo doesn't kick as much: His opponents don't stand in front of him as they did before. The footwork of this generation has greatly improved.

That being said, the fact that Aldo, first time fighting at BW, goes toe to toe with the most recent title challenger at BW who had been fighting at the weight for way longer, and who is technically apart of that New Gen of fighters, goes to show how good Aldo still is. I truly believe the Aldo that showed up in UFC 218 short notice or not, would have beaten any other Featherweight on the planet not named Max Holloway that day, ( That chin must be something great to rely on ), that was one of the best striking battles I have seen in the Featherweight division. Volkanovski's technical dismantling of Max is another one, along with Aldo shutting down Edgar at UFC 200. (where he also threw a Switch Kick to the head against Frankie, and a spinning body kick)
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 12-19-2019 at 10:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »