Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #145
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I'm suggesting 90-92. The number is what's important. I think that number is reasonable. I agree that the power is not the main reason he's tooling these guys though. Which is why I want all the stats to be lifted somewhat.
I agree that he should be bumped up 1-2 points to 90-91, I just didn't agree with your characterisation of those fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #146
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Honestly, because it's a single stat for strike speed not hand speed and kick speed, 94 is fine IMO. His kicks aren't very fast, whereas the guys above him have pretty quick hands and quick kicks, and it's not like Ferguson, Poirier or RDA are slow strikers either.

Limitations of the combined strike speed stat is the issue here, not Johnsons rating in the single stat IMO
Poirier's striking speed shouldn't be close to Johnson's. Pettis has quick hands? I love Pettis but idk about that. Cerrone? Nah. Barboza? Faster than the rest but not super fast or anything. Ferguson's hand speed ain't got **** on MJ's. Not sure about RDA either way. His hands are pretty fast.

MJ landed his left hand on Ferguson all night when they fought. You can argue Ferguson is a different fighter now but I think it'd be the same again if they fought on the feet, personally. He's too quick for him.

MJ also has an 89 power rating. Below average? Are you serious? I'm really hoping there's going to be no devils advocate played on this one because it's getting tiring lol (I get it tho... it just makes it harder to get something done when there is always resistance). I will say that the speed is at least debatable because of how EA does the stats but the power stat is def wrong here.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 02-06-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #147
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Poirier's striking speed shouldn't be close to Johnson's. Pettis has quick hands? I love Pettis but idk about that. Cerrone? Nah. Barboza? Faster than the rest but not super fast or anything. Ferguson's hand speed ain't got **** on MJ's. Not sure about RDA either way. His hands are pretty fast.

MJ landed his left hand on Ferguson all night when they fought. You can argue Ferguson is a different fighter now but I think it'd be the same again if they fought on the feet, personally. He's too quick for him.

MJ also has an 89 power rating. Below average? Are you serious? I'm really hoping there's going to be no devils advocate played on this one because it's getting tiring lol. I will say that the speed is at least debatable because of how EA does the stats but the power stat is def wrong here.
Man i agree with all.

Just watch some fights of MC his striking is really good and he is super athletic guy.

For sure the fastest in the division.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #148
MVP

Quote:

MJ also has an 89 power rating. Below average? Are you serious? I'm really hoping there's going to be no devils advocate played on this one because it's getting tiring lol (I get it tho... it just makes it harder to get something done when there is always resistance). I will say that the speed is at least debatable because of how EA does the stats but the power stat is def wrong here.

It's not a hand speed stat, that's what I'm saying, it's a strike speed stat. Like, Michael Johnson has really quick hands, and unremarkable kicks (not slow, not fast), so if you split into 10 points for kicks and 10 points for hands, giving him a 9 or a 10 for hands and a 4 or a 5 for kicks and ending up at 94 since the floor is 80 is totally reasonable. Michael Johnson also only has 4 KOs in 18 UFC fights, I have no problem with 89 power for a dude with a 22% knockout rate in the UFC.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #149
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Honestly, because it's a single stat for strike speed not hand speed and kick speed, 94 is fine IMO. His kicks aren't very fast, whereas the guys above him have pretty quick hands and quick kicks, and it's not like Ferguson, Poirier or RDA are slow strikers either.

Limitations of the combined strike speed stat is the issue here, not Johnsons rating in the single stat IMO
This is spot on.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #150
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Eh. His accuracy and head movement should definitely be buffed. Look at the gifs I posted. How many other MMA fighters move like that? Not many at all. Even the KO of Bisping. We don't see that kind of movement and awareness in many guys in MMA.

I can see the argument for not buffing the power but I still think it should at least be average. If not a little above. He has solid, solid power in his left hand. Who else has dropped Weidman with a punch? Who else has starched Kennedy like that? Who else has starched Vitor like that? Vitor may have gotten finished but it was through excessive GnP. Kelvin starched him. As he did to Bisping.

I'm not asking for him to have Tyron level power or anything. It should be average or slightly above though. 90-92. How you do the stats also depends on how much you attribute his KO's to accuracy/speed/head movement. And all of them certainly play a part. Which is why I believe you buff them all slightly. Other than speed as that's fine. Like dude has solid fundamentals which is why he's getting these slick KO's.
I looked at the .gifs. I've read every post in this thread. Doesnt mean I'm going to agree with you. Doesnt mean the devs (who make the final decision) are going to agree with me.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #151
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
It's not a hand speed stat, that's what I'm saying, it's a strike speed stat. Like, Michael Johnson has really quick hands, and unremarkable kicks (not slow, not fast), so if you split into 10 points for kicks and 10 points for hands, giving him a 9 or a 10 for hands and a 4 or a 5 for kicks and ending up at 94 since the floor is 80 is totally reasonable. Michael Johnson also only has 4 KOs in 18 UFC fights, I have no problem with 89 power for a dude with a 22% knockout rate in the UFC.
When he's KO'd people... he's done it without GnP. He also lost a ton of those fights so that's not really a fair way of putting the statistic. He does not have below average power in the division. That's straight up lunacy. It's his speed combined with his power is what makes his hands as effective as they are.

MJ does not feel like MJ on the game. That's what matters the most. There are a ton of mistakes here tho. The fact that they do the stats so poorly makes this more difficult to debate too. Cerrone having the same hand speed as MJ on the game makes me want to jump out of a window tho. His hand speed doesn't stand out now because there's a bunch of fast kickers at LW who have a fast speed stat. So frustrating. I say give MJ a perk or anything that will make his hands faster tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #152
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
This exact convo took place when we discussed MJ. The stat handicaps us. 94 is very reasonable given that speed governs his kicks and hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »