Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
They killed him at lightweight, lol.
Yup, worse grappling stats (top and bottom) than Diaz and Cowboy, despite him kinda smushing them both on the ground. I also think he's kinda getting done in terms of his chin in both divisions, but I didn't want my original request post to basically turn into "Redo everything about RDA, please"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #26
Pro

RDA needs a buff. Great research and posts here Nugget

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Honestly, I'm not happy at all with the way RDA is represented in this game. He just seems to come out as being barely above average for both LW and WW weight classes when compared to the rest of the divisions when he was a dominant champ at LW and hasn't lost at WW either, even beating Robbie Lawler handily.
Ok lets slow down. He wasnt a dominant champion at LW. He beat Pettis and Cerrone. He was then KO'd by Eddie and lost convincingly to Tony. People also seem to forget that he was dominated by Khabib. Thats 3 of the top 4 LWs right there.

At WW, keep in mind that when the ratings were finalized it was before the Lawler fight. With that said, I dont know want to completely overreact to the Lawler fight given that Robbie hasnt looked great in his last 3 fights.

I think he needs a buff but its not an easy one. I think he is arguably a better LW than a WW but he is also maybe the 5th best LW currently while he is probably the 3rd or 4th best WW so he needs to be rated accordingly.

I'm loving all of the input guys keep it coming.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Yup, worse grappling stats (top and bottom) than Diaz and Cowboy, despite him kinda smushing them both on the ground. I also think he's kinda getting done in terms of his chin in both divisions, but I didn't want my original request post to basically turn into "Redo everything about RDA, please"
Question: How should we be rating fighters? Should we be looking at their overall body of work or should we give greater weight to what happens head to head?

For example, I've watched damn near every Diaz, Cerrone and RDA WEC and UFC fight. Based on their body of work, I'd find it hard to argue that RDA is better off of his back than Cerrone and Diaz.

You are right that RDA dominated Diaz on the ground but thats more of an argument for a top control buff than a bottom one (especially given that was the worse Nick Diaz I've ever seen).

So should we increase stats simply because someone dominated another fighter?

I've seen this argument a few times "fighter X KO'd fighter Y so he should have a higher power rating!" But that doesnt make much sense to me. That would be like saying Matt Serra should have a higher power rating than GSP simply because he knocked him out.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #29
Pro

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ok lets slow down. He wasnt a dominant champion at LW. He beat Pettis and Cerrone. He was then KO'd by Eddie and lost convincingly to Tony. People also seem to forget that he was dominated by Khabib. Thats 3 of the top 4 LWs right there.

At WW, keep in mind that when the ratings were finalized it was before the Lawler fight. With that said, I dont know want to completely overreact to the Lawler fight given that Robbie hasnt looked great in his last 3 fights.

I think he needs a buff but its not an easy one. I think he is arguably a better LW than a WW but he is also maybe the 5th best LW currently while he is probably the 3rd or 4th best WW so he needs to be rated accordingly.

Hardcores know RDA passed out weight cutting for the Alvarez fight and TKO'd on his feet, not KO'd. He fought Tony 5 hard rounds in the sky at Mexico City. The Khabib fight, he wasn't even living in the US yet. He changed his whole life and training after that. It's more than just wins and losses aholbert

Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #30
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Hardcores know RDA passed out weight cutting for the Alvarez fight. He fought Tony 5 hard rounds in the sky at Mexico City. The Khabib fight, he wasn't even living in the US yet. He changed his whole life and training after that. It's more than just wins and losses aholbert

at one point he trained with Edgar, pretty certain it was after Khabib fight, it was before his run at LW. He said it completely changed his game, and I agree.

He's not the same fighter he was back then, or even close. (For whatever that's worth)
Old 01-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #31
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Question: How should we be rating fighters? Should we be looking at their overall body of work or should we give greater weight to what happens head to head?

For example, I've watched damn near every Diaz, Cerrone and RDA WEC and UFC fight. Based on their body of work, I'd find it hard to argue that RDA is better off of his back than Cerrone and Diaz.

You are right that RDA dominated Diaz on the ground but thats more of an argument for a top control buff than a bottom one (especially given that was the worse Nick Diaz I've ever seen).

So should we increase stats simply because someone dominated another fighter?

I've seen this argument a few times "fighter X KO'd fighter Y so he should have a higher power rating!" But that doesnt make much sense to me. That would be like saying Matt Serra should have a higher power rating than GSP simply because he knocked him out.
When have you seen Diaz control someone on the ground on top tho? I cannot recall rn. He occasionally hurts someone and subs them but yeah.

We've seen RDA control people with his top game on multiple occasions though. I don't really ever recall seeing much of Cerrone's top game either. Bottom game is obviously solid though. Diaz and Cerrone aren't big strong guys. Top control isn't really part of their game. They should both have a higher rating off their back than RDA tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:

Not sure I agree with you dismissing Robbie

He lost a quick fight to Woodley. Beat Cowboy(looked good), and got beat soundly by RDA. Before that he was on a great streak against elite opponents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »