Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #441
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

I wish I noticed this a week or so ago as he just got buffed, but..

Why does Chad Mendes have only 93 TDD?
The man has shrugged off or sprawled every shot ever.. shot upon him in the UFC, I'm currently hunting his pre-WEC stats but I'm not expecting them to be different.

His TDD in the UFC and WEC is legitimately 100% though, if anyone deserves a, dare I say, 98-100.
It's Mendes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #442
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27

The man has shrugged off or sprawled every shot ever.. shot upon him in the UFC, I'm currently hunting his pre-WEC stats but I'm not expecting them to be different.

His TDD in the UFC and WEC is legitimately 100% though, if anyone deserves a, dare I say, 98-100.
It's Mendes.
Aldo has a 99, nothing crazy for Mendes to have a 96-99 as well.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 08-18-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #443
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27

It's Mendes.
I just looked it up on fightmetric, he has defended 100% of takedowns, but only 14 (I may be 1-2 off) have been attempted. I personally don't think that's enough for a 99-100 rating, in the same way I don't think Brunson defending the 9 attempted on him justifies that kind of rating, when for example Aldo has defended 20/22 takedowns attempts from Frankie Edgar alone.

95 or something like that would be good IMO
Old 08-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #444
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I just looked it up on fightmetric, he has defended 100% of takedowns, but only 14 (I may be 1-2 off) have been attempted. I personally don't think that's enough for a 99-100 rating, in the same way I don't think Brunson defending the 9 attempted on him justifies that kind of rating, when for example Aldo has defended 20/22 takedowns attempts from Frankie Edgar alone.

Hmm. That's fair too.
I get what you're saying, 95 isn't bad either, I'd be fine with that.

I know Frankie KO'd him, but he shut down Frankies running shoulder push/single leg shot he does so damn fast.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #445
Rookie

Quote:

95 wouldn't be bad, I do want to point out though that people don't shoot on guys like Brunson and Mendes often because of their wrestling credentials and there's an easier path to victory through striking. That's why you might not see a big sample size for their takedown defense stat. It's like a star cornerback in the NFL not having many interceptions in a season because the opposing quarterbacks don't often throw to the receivers that they're covering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #446
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
95 wouldn't be bad, I do want to point out though that people don't shoot on guys like Brunson and Mendes often because of their wrestling credentials and there's an easier path to victory through striking. That's why you might not see a big sample size for their takedown defense stat. It's like a star cornerback in the NFL not having many interceptions in a season because the opposing quarterbacks don't often throw to the receivers that they're covering.
While this is true, if we're not seeing them defend takedowns, I'm hesitant to rate them as highly as I would an Aldo or a Woodley who we've seen defend a ridiculous number of takedowns, like I think Aldo has defended 84/91 attempts and Woodley has defended 41/42 (those may be slightly off) and I think that should be rated higher than defending 14/14 or 9/9
Old 08-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #447
Rookie

Quote:
While this is true, if we're not seeing them defend takedowns, I'm hesitant to rate them as highly as I would an Aldo or a Woodley who we've seen defend a ridiculous number of takedowns, like I think Aldo has defended 84/91 attempts and Woodley has defended 41/42 (those may be slightly off) and I think that should be rated higher than defending 14/14 or 9/9
I agree with this as well, I think anywhere from 95-98 would be fair for Mendes.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:11 AM   #448
MVP

Quote:
This is a valid point.
However Mendes is much more wrestling oriented that Aldo and Current day Woodley, so your not seeing him have that many people shoot on him because its literally fighting to his strength, nor has he fought a Maia type who's going to make his TDD look suberb haha (Unlike T-Wood, where almost half his stuffed shots are fron the Maia fight.

However, I agree that given the difference in TDs stuffed that 99-100 is too high for Mendes, but 95-98 sounds good to me, 95 or 96 in particular.

That other thing is, and this is more personal opinion than fact, but in the few Mendes fights I watched to see his TDD (Guida, Frankie and Lentz)

He stuffs shots so well I almost wonder if it makes people go "Yeah that ain't happening" and abandon it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »