Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Barboza has had 24 fights and been finished by strikes one single time and knocked down on one other occasion by Cerrone. He's fought so many top strikers and taken their shots. There is no proof that Barboza has a weak chin.

He's also fought many top strikers since fighting Cerrone and not been hurt. Did I mention already that he got boxed up by MJ for three straight rounds but didn't even get dropped?

Sometimes in combat sports it goes around that a guy has a weak chin when it's barely supported by anything and I don't know why.

Most of the reason people think Barboza has a weak chin on /r/MMA is imo because that Cerrone finish gets posted often and they haven't actually seen the dude's fights or don't recall them.

Both their chins should be upped.

Think about that for a second tho. 24 fights. Dropped on two occasions. But weak chin?

Masvidal has been dropped by Chiesa, Cruikshank, and Khabilov but he's known to have a granite chin. He does but it's just as much heart too.
I feel like Ferguson hurt Barboza too, but I take your point. Maybe it's how he reacts to getting hit or something that makes me think he has a bad chin, or maybe I've just heard it so much that's in my head. At the end of the day though, RDA definitely doesn't have a worse chin than Barboza, which is the point I was making.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #58
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I feel like Ferguson hurt Barboza too, but I take your point. Maybe it's how he reacts to getting hit or something that makes me think he has a bad chin, or maybe I've just heard it so much that's in my head. At the end of the day though, RDA definitely doesn't have a worse chin than Barboza, which is the point I was making.
Tony hit Barboza with spinning elbows and head kicks but never dropped him or even had him wobbled. He did hit him with an illegal upkick that stumbled him a bit but it would have anyone.

I wouldn't say RDA necessarily has a better chin than Barboza either. Barboza has stood with MJ, Bobby Green, Tony, Felder, Pearson, Pettis and never been dropped or wobbled. Also took that beating from Khabib recently. It's one of the weirdest myths in MMA that Barboza has a weak chin.

I say buff them both. As long as the stats are within a point it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 01-30-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #59
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Werdum needs his strike and movement speed decreased significantly. He is a slowish plodder in real life that's good at rhythm striking.

Currently he's a prime Chuck with a Maia level ground game (warranted). His stand up should be something you need to learn to put together and time, not as it currently is.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 AM   #60
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Elias Theodorou's switch stat should be among the best in division. His is 80, that's rock bottom. He's always switching stances and thrown by kicks-punches. (More kicks)

Jacare also carries a lot of power in his hand when he switches, even though he doesn't switch that often. Jacare is also 80. If switch is how much power you carry over when switching stance he shouldn't be bottom of the barrel of the barrel as far as that stat is concerned. Jacare actually finished Derek Brunson after knocking him down with switch to right hand strike. (their first fight)

Elias though, guy probably switches more than any middleweight I've seen.

I asked him about his switch power and these are his words.
"Some tools are stronger in southpaw for sure. My shot, Jab and left kick. I feel very comfortable switching as it allows me to go with the flow of a fight and find openings from many angels. Also catch people when they thought I was somewhere else. #annoying"

Last edited by Dave_S; 01-31-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 AM   #61
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'm also pretty surprised Cody has 95 for striking speed at BW, when TJ has 94 and Might Mouse (BW) has 97.

I don't know if I've seen hands in mma faster than Cody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 04:47 AM   #62
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Werdum needs his strike and movement speed decreased significantly. He is a slowish plodder in real life that's good at rhythm striking.

Currently he's a prime Chuck with a Maia level ground game (warranted). His stand up should be something you need to learn to put together and time, not as it currently is.
Bumping this again - man is he supremely overrated

Wouldn't even say overrated actually more like misrated.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:34 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Bumping this again - man is he supremely overrated

Wouldn't even say overrated actually more like misrated.
I dont have all the ratings but werdum is one of the best strikers at hw. Very accurate adn decent blocking and headmovement. What are his stats.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:35 AM   #64
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I dont have all the ratings but werdum is one of the best strikers at hw. Very accurate adn decent blocking and headmovement. What are his stats.
Werdum is not a fast striker by any stretch. He has a 93 strike speed when he should have 89-90. His movement is probably even more so overpowered. He doesn't move that effortlessly in real life.

He slowly plods around then explodes.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 01-31-2018 at 06:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »