Home

UFC 3 Real Fighter CAF Thread

This is a discussion on UFC 3 Real Fighter CAF Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 01:04 AM   #217
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 Real Fighter CAF Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
This is actually really good, I’m gonna make this CAF just to use in online quick match. Probably gonna make a new gamertag though along the lines of “Ben Askren CAF” just so people aren’t tentative to play my CAF.

Most players like myself don’t play against that CAF nonsense but if I knew before hand that it was a fairly-statted Askren CAF, I’d be ready to go.

I’m convinced I could use Ben Askren realistically and effectively in this game despite it’s slight gravitation towards kickboxing. Even with all the patches, SOME level of striking is still necessary to be effective... which would be problematic when using Ben since as he showed in the Lawler fight... his only interest is to wrestle and wrestle immediately. But I think I could make it work.

The rear straight, over under clinch attempt would probably be pretty effective way to play with a Ben Askren, without really playing contrary to Ben’s true self. In fact I think I’ve seen Ben use a rear punch inbetween wrestling exchanges or to set up his entries. So come to think of it, Ben would be great in the game.
Glad you like it! Be sure to check the pinned comment for a list of slider updates which I did post-upload, just some small corrections to make him look a bit more accurate.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 AM   #218
MVP

Some of the recent CAFs posted here are awesome!!

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 03-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #219
Pro

Hey @UFCVeteran. I used your CAF recipe, but tweaked five things that I feel helped a lot.

First, I made his chin pertrude way more.

Second, I lowered his cheeks, because from side views he looked like he had a puffy face.

Third, I lightened his skin tone. I know the next option to the left looked like a vampire as you said. But if you went TWO options over, it’s far better. White and pastey, yet not vampire looking.

Fourth, I added body hair. Second most available.

And fifth, I gave him a bulkier body type. There are two body types that don’t look “chiseled”... the one you used, and another one. I used the other one because it gives him a thicker look, without being ripped.

Also tweaked a few minor things, for example I gave him Jacare’s stance. Jacare has a bit more of a hunched over, arms out front, plotting movement style. Which I feel resembles Ben a bit better than the upright, tight stance of Miocic.

I also drastically increased his chin stat to like 94 or 95. His Lawler fight sold me on his chin.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #220
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Hey @UFCVeteran. I used your CAF recipe, but tweaked five things that I feel helped a lot.

First, I made his chin pertrude way more.

Second, I lowered his cheeks, because from side views he looked like he had a puffy face.

Third, I lightened his skin tone. I know the next option to the left looked like a vampire as you said. But if you went TWO options over, it’s far better. White and pastey, yet not vampire looking.

Fourth, I added body hair. Second most available.

And fifth, I gave him a bulkier body type. There are two body types that don’t look “chiseled”... the one you used, and another one. I used the other one because it gives him a thicker look, without being ripped.

Also tweaked a few minor things, for example I gave him Jacare’s stance. Jacare has a bit more of a hunched over, arms out front, plotting movement style. Which I feel resembles Ben a bit better than the upright, tight stance of Miocic.

I also drastically increased his chin stat to like 94 or 95. His Lawler fight sold me on his chin.
Fair enough! I did include a ton of changes in the pinned comments, those address your changes (chin, cheeks etc.) - I didn’t give him a ton of body hair because in the pictures I saw, it was never particularly overwhelming. I considered the thicker bodies when making him but to me, it was just TOO thick. So I bit the bullet and went with the slightly smaller one. Sadly there’s no body slider so I can’t have it be super accurate.

Cheeks, yeah I can see that. That’s a problem with cheek bones in this game, have them too high and they look far too fat sometimes - but I tried to match them to his actual cheek bones.

All good on the stance and stats, hope you enjoy it man. About the skin colour, I just checked the one you mentioned and I think it looks a little too pale still, in the pictures I've seen of Ben, the skin colour I chose seems to match his complexion the best (at least in the face). It's such a shame we don't have a skin colour slider, if we did we wouldn't have to talk about the skin choices, instead we could just tweak it a tad.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 03-13-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #221
Pro

Here’s the Ben Askren I’m working with. Started with @UFCVeteran’s build, but went with the thicker body type, lighter skin tone, and body hair. It makes him feel more Askreny to me for some reason.

(I have no clue how to post images so this might not work)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #222
Rookie

Seeing as he's been requested quite abit,i've created Alex Volkanovski.

Struggling to settle on a hairstyle,also feel theres something slightly off with him,so any feedback is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140c3077-f52a-4b3f-af46-734fe4c6022c.jpg (71.4 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 4e4598cf-31ea-4093-8fd7-f3ca031bbebd.jpg (97.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 03-24-2019, 01:06 AM   #223
Rookie

I need Gegard and Bader

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #224
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by safcstaples
Seeing as he's been requested quite abit,i've created Alex Volkanovski.

Struggling to settle on a hairstyle,also feel theres something slightly off with him,so any feedback is appreciated.
Yeah man, I've tried a couple times hes hard to make...he always looks very generic. I thought I found great pics of him to use on gameface, but that facial hair ****s everything up. His jaw is always off.

Anyhow, anyone have a Hermansson out there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »