Home

What is lag switching?

This is a discussion on What is lag switching? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is lag switching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
No one has fought a lag switcher in UFC. They don’t know what they’re talking about.
Remember ty1012326?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzjuJahYv4

Quote:
Lag switching is mainly done in shooters.
What shooter specifically please?
Old 12-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Seriously though, you must have trawled through my posting history or something. And for what? This topic is from TEN months ago. At least this brings back evidence that Haz is a previously banned user and should not be here.
No really, the thread went up on the list so in my case I read it all today. Anyway, lag switchers are a known thing from way more than 10 months ago.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #19
MVP

Dude, what are you talking about? I wasn't even replying to you. Obviously. You literally just said you read this topic right now. I know English is not your first language, but surely you understand the concept that not every post is addressed to you, right?

Your videos show no evidence of cheating at all, let alone lag switching. ty is a cheater, but there was no lagging or cheating going on in those videos. Just you screwing up denials and escapes. Like, in one video you blocked his guillotine attempt and then immediately failed to deny another guillotine attempt. AND in all three submissions YOU screwed up your escape by freaking out and pressing the sticks too early. That's not lag switching. That's just bad gameplay.

See, this is my problem with calling people cheaters. You get dudes like this who haven't even been cheated calling them lag switchers. On the occasions that they have been cheated, they call it lag switching even when it is another form of cheating. Guys in UFC aren't lag switching. They're using a program on their computer to create lag. This can create lag at a pivotal moment, but is rarely used in such a way. Most cheaters in UFC use a different method to DDoS you. Again, NOT a lag switch. You can't just use "lag switch" as a catch-all for every form of cheating.

And why do I need to give you a specific shooter? Trying to trace your logical progression is literally breaking my brain.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #20
MVP

Whatever if it’s lag switch or not... is pretty obvious that some dudes control the lag to get advantage... happened against a lot of folks here...
Old 12-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Whatever if it’s lag switch or not... is pretty obvious that some dudes control the lag to get advantage... happened against a lot of folks here...
Absolutely. But the title of this post is "What is lag switching?"

And lag switching has very specific set of effects conferred. They are different then just manipulating lag via a program. At the very least in UFC. If someone was lag switching, your game would freeze entirely and you would be KOed when the game unfroze. None of these "lag switching" videos show this happening.

And because it happens to "a lot of folks" does not mean it's reliable information. That's a classic logical fallacy. Guys like BARIK really do think they've been cheated. He posted that video like "AHA I got this guy! He's a cheater!", when in reality it only shows his poor judgement and understanding of gameplay elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Absolutely. But the title of this post is "What is lag switching?"

And lag switching has very specific set of effects conferred. They are different then just manipulating lag via a program. At the very least in UFC. If someone was lag switching, your game would freeze entirely and you would be KOed when the game unfroze. None of these "lag switching" videos show this happening.

And because it happens to "a lot of folks" does not mean it's reliable information. That's a classic logical fallacy. Guys like BARIK really do think they've been cheated. He posted that video like "AHA I got this guy! He's a cheater!", when in reality it only shows his poor judgement and understanding of gameplay elements.
Yeah u explained the thread... but still people want to know what is the cheat...
I understand that maybe sometimes people can confuse cheat with lag... but you gotta understand that a video don’t show gaming response, maybe , just maybe, he commands were delayed so it seems like he was doing the wrong move
Old 12-29-2018, 04:23 PM   #23
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
I don't know this situation and I don't know how he would be purposefully creating lag, but I can tell you with certainty that does not fit the description of lag switching.
IDK bout all the lag switching stuff, but generally whenever I see I match up with somebody on ranked and it goes from Green to Red to back to Green I assume they're trying to track my IP. We all know about the worst DDOSer of them all.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #24
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Dude, what are you talking about? I wasn't even replying to you. Obviously. You literally just said you read this topic right now. I know English is not your first language, but surely you understand the concept that not every post is addressed to you, right?

Your videos show no evidence of cheating at all, let alone lag switching. ty is a cheater, but there was no lagging or cheating going on in those videos. Just you screwing up denials and escapes. Like, in one video you blocked his guillotine attempt and then immediately failed to deny another guillotine attempt. AND in all three submissions YOU screwed up your escape by freaking out and pressing the sticks too early. That's not lag switching. That's just bad gameplay.

See, this is my problem with calling people cheaters. You get dudes like this who haven't even been cheated calling them lag switchers. On the occasions that they have been cheated, they call it lag switching even when it is another form of cheating. Guys in UFC aren't lag switching. They're using a program on their computer to create lag. This can create lag at a pivotal moment, but is rarely used in such a way. Most cheaters in UFC use a different method to DDoS you. Again, NOT a lag switch. You can't just use "lag switch" as a catch-all for every form of cheating.

And why do I need to give you a specific shooter? Trying to trace your logical progression is literally breaking my brain.
With regards to Ty, Everytime somebody had fought him in Season 1 he would have a TERRIBLE amount of lag and he would be able to strike freely while you were stuck in a delay. You had to think 2 to 3 steps ahead to play AGAINST it, and when he was called out on it, he said it was because of a massive winter storm in Upstate NY. Which I always found hilarious, since I friggin live around the area so I knew from the jump he was bs-ing. Wish you were on PS4 so you would have gone to deal with that nonsense.

It wasn't until Season 3-4 that Ty's mysterious 'snowstorm' lag disappeared. Now, he's actually decent!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »