Home

What is lag switching?

This is a discussion on What is lag switching? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is lag switching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Man, you just love using fallacies. No true Scotsman on a shooter. Never seen that one before.
Thats ok bro, I just took you too literally.
See, you said shooters, I asked you to tell me just 1 shooter when it is used just to ease my mind, but you refused. Then you came back with a non specific game (Metal Gear has several games), that hardly qualifies as a shooter.
Yeah, my bad.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARIK_
OK, lets assume Im terrible at deffending submissions. Please explain me this:

Sub 1: Jacare starts the arm triangle because Im terrible and Having less than half stamina apparently helps a lot with your sub offense. Okie dokie. Anyway, he is Jacare, and he is very good at arm triangles. Perfect.
But... In the 2nd sub gate, it does not appear his L to advance the sub. Regardless, he advance it because Im bad and he is Jacare.
But... On the 4th gate, it doesnt appear the L necessary for him to complete the submission. Doesnt matter, he is Jacare and everything suddenly is green, submission win, nothing fishy at all about it.

Sub 2: Same exact ****. It goes from 2nd to 3rd gate because magic, and from last gate to the actual finsih again because magic too. A person actually looking would see that the movements of the transitions are not in sync with the moment of the L appearing, but what can you do, people dont see what they dont want.

Sub 3: He tries the guillotine from the Thai Clinch, I deny it. I was able to deny it because I played that guy before and knew that he went for submissions always, without set up, because I cant seem to learn to deffend submissions. Anyway, I deny the 1st attempt because it is slow af, but I wasnt able to deny the 2nd because... magic? RDA the flying guillotine master? Some of that I guess.
But... It goes from 2nd gate to finsih without appearing that L that even the fuking ground tutorial of the game tells you that you need in order to advance and complete the sub!! Crazy!! Looks like some advanced skill.

Cool story bro, you can go by YT comments if you feel the need. I thought you had your own mind, but ok. You can try and watch the video again instead of looking for comments, but this time pay attention ok? Promise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzjuJahYv4
1. You just explained this yourself. He's Jacare and you're ****ing Michael Bisping and started your transition way after he started his. He could have had no stamina and it still may have went through. That's how late you were.

3. Yes, you denied the first one and you failed to deny the second one because of a skill deficiency.

1, 2, 3. Your observations may hold water if there wasn't a well known glitch with the submissions around the time of your video that caused the submissions to skip gates. It never happened to me, but many people on this board were complaining about this glitch.

Lastly, it's pretty obvious my comments about your Youtube comment section were facetious, but like you said, people see what they want.

I would also like to clarify my statements made way back when this topic was started. You can definitely be lag switched in any game with poor netcode and no servers. I'm simply saying that the majority of people who cry about lag switching probably just got beat down with a little bit of lag in the match and want to complain.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Thats ok bro, I just took you too literally.
See, you said shooters, I asked you to tell me just 1 shooter when it is used just to ease my mind, but you refused. Then you came back with a non specific game (Metal Gear has several games), that hardly qualifies as a shooter.
Yeah, my bad.
Learn how to ****ing respond in one post so we don't have to go back and forth like this. Jesus. And if you aren't going to do that, at least respond back-to-back right away.

I didn't say Metal Gear. I said Metal Gear ONLINE. Which is three games. All of which have had heavy lag switching. In MGO, you shoot guns as the primary form of gameplay. Therefore it is a shooter by ANY definition of the word. You just got proven wrong and wanted a way out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 10:03 PM   #36
Rookie

Everyday with this nonsense
Old 12-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
1. You just explained this yourself. He's Jacare and you're ****ing Michael Bisping and started your transition way after he started his. He could have had no stamina and it still may have went through. That's how late you were.

3. Yes, you denied the first one and you failed to deny the second one because of a skill deficiency.

1, 2, 3. Your observations may hold water if there wasn't a well known glitch with the submissions around the time of your video that caused the submissions to skip gates. It never happened to me, but many people on this board were complaining about this glitch.

Lastly, it's pretty obvious my comments about your Youtube comment section were facetious, but like you said, people see what they want.

I would also like to clarify my statements made way back when this topic was started. You can definitely be lag switched in any game with poor netcode and no servers. I'm simply saying that the majority of people who cry about lag switching probably just got beat down with a little bit of lag in the match and want to complain.
Well, finally you dont talk like an *******. Is nice being nice, right?

1. You keep saying how late I was, maybe, just maybe, because of the lag?
2. You omit it, I guess even you cant argue that.
3. OK. I deny the slowest sub attempt the 1st time. I know he is going for it a 2nd time. I deny it (dont believe me) and cant stop it because skill. All right. Lots of skill required to stop a transition previously stopped and with stamina disadvantage.
The sub gates problem never happened to me either, just with this guy. Shocking.

Statement clarified, thank you very much. I experienced laggy matches since UFC 1, some slightly annoying, some unplayable. This is the only guy Im 100% sure he made it on purpose. His entire gameplan was being better at LAG than you.
I can tell the difference between little lag and a lot. I just take matches with 4 or 5 bars even if it takes 15 minutes to find an opponent. I hate cheating, but I dont make a video calling one out if Im not 1000% positive.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
2. You omit it, I guess even you cant argue that.
Dude, WHAT are you talking about? lmao I literally labelled the one after that 1, 2, AND 3. Addressing all of them. I omitted a response for just number 2 because it wasn't unique and I encompassed it WITHIN the next response. This is what I'm talking about with you guys not reading.

Then we have VitoBurrito over here contributing absolutely nothing, yet again. Whose whole existence on this board is him being mad that I got him banned before.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:16 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Learn how to ****ing respond in one post so we don't have to go back and forth like this. Jesus. And if you aren't going to do that, at least respond back-to-back right away.

I didn't say Metal Gear. I said Metal Gear ONLINE. Which is three games. All of which have had heavy lag switching. In MGO, you shoot guns as the primary form of gameplay. Therefore it is a shooter by ANY definition of the word. You just got proven wrong and wanted a way out.
Or... I could keep being specific with my replies so you stay on point, because you digress quite a bit. It is kinda funny, but just sometimes.
I said my bad, bro. If you think MGO is a shooter, then it is a shooter. Of course. No more arguments from me in that front.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Dude, WHAT are you talking about? lmao I literally labelled the one after that 1, 2, AND 3. Addressing all of them. I omitted a response for just number 2 because it wasn't unique and I encompassed it WITHIN the next response. This is what I'm talking about with you guys not reading.

Then we have VitoBurrito over here contributing absolutely nothing, yet again. Whose whole existence on this board is him being mad that I got him banned before.
Ok, lets leave it at that, I hope you find peace in your angry heart.
Im going to watch the fight. I pick Mendes but with no much confidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »