Home

Transition fakes?

This is a discussion on Transition fakes? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Transition fakes?

When I fake a transition my opponents (mostly Khabib or GSP) block the fakes, is this supposed be able to happen? It's weird that they block and haven't even committed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Transition fakes?

I heard you can deny fakes. I am not sure tho, I faintly remember it happening a few times but I could be misremembering so take what I just said with a grain of salt.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

I think I've noticed a change here too.. Seems like the sub game has been tightened up slightly. it seems as if you have to be REALLY quick to bail on the "fake" because if they catch it right away your gonna get hit with a block and all the penalties (stamina) which come with it.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:55 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunsAssassin
When I fake a transition my opponents (mostly Khabib or GSP) block the fakes, is this supposed be able to happen? It's weird that they block and haven't even committed to it.

Why they can not? They can and it’s ok b/c Fake transition is a not completed transition. They are just fast enough (w/ char attributes help) to do it.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:06 AM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunsAssassin
Transitions have 3 phases: Start, Cancel and Finish. If you start a transition, the Start phase is initiated. Even if you release the input to fake the transition, it might still be in Start phase. If your opponent denies your fake in the Start phase, then it's gonna be like a normal transition denial. However, if your opponent is not quick enough and denies the transition in the Cancel phase, then your fake is successfull. The lenght of the phases varies from transition to transition, some of them are better for a fake because of the short Start phase. Also your groundgame stats might have an effect on the lenght, I'm not sure of this tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabatoro86
Transitions have 3 phases: Start, Cancel and Finish. If you start a transition, the Start phase is initiated. Even if you release the input to fake the transition, it might still be in Start phase. If your opponent denies your fake in the Start phase, then it's gonna be like a normal transition denial. However, if your opponent is not quick enough and denies the transition in the Cancel phase, then your fake is successfull. The lenght of the phases varies from transition to transition, some of them are better for a fake because of the short Start phase. Also your groundgame stats might have an effect on the lenght, I'm not sure of this tho.
What happens on a success fake?
Old 03-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
What happens on a success fake?
You can transition to another position with a (maybe) 100% success rate. Since the opponent tried to deny the fake transition, there is no way for them to deny the new transition, provided you already started the new transition while they were still trying to deny the fake.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

When you're in Dom guard and you fake a pass, the animation shows the beginning frame of the elbow slicing the thigh then you can switch to another transition. But bottom side control I try to fake with the pass to half guard by showing the start frame of the hand to the face (the new transition RSup) and it gets blocked right on the start frame. Just wanted to know is this how it's supposed to be or are there different rules for top and bottom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »