Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #25
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I’m noticing the striking and countering seem a bit sluggish to me now. I guess this is to counter the slip uppercut counters, but as someone who used them realistically, I’m a bit sad. I’m sure I’ll just have to adapt, and here’s hoping the changes (if they’re not just in my head) turn out to be for the best.
It's a fine balance, but they should still be fast enough to hit the counter window as effectively.

There's a bit more i could do to further speed them up when used appropriately, but it was too much work to get in for this update and the problem seemed severe enough to risk this side effect.

If it proves to be a problem I can always put in the time to do that extra work, but it will have to be balanced with other priorities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I’m noticing the striking and countering seem a bit sluggish to me now. I guess this is to counter the slip uppercut counters, but as someone who used them realistically, I’m a bit sad. I’m sure I’ll just have to adapt, and here’s hoping the changes (if they’re not just in my head) turn out to be for the best.
I'm finding myself countering more off lunges. The overhand has a nice evasion counter inside the animation, great against certain type of strikes so sometimes I'll trade and throw one of those into the mix to see what happens.

I'm still finding countering the old way doable, with slipping & countering but using the uppercut much much less now which is great.

Conor is a beast now.

The jab head, jab body is quite a fast disruptor which is nice.

I'd like the front teep body standing to have a smidge more range and come out faster like the side kick to body does. That would be fantastic for emulating thai style. Standing front teep is a bit too short imo and slow. The stepping one is fine, as that creates huge distance, the wind up makes sense.

If the standing one was a bit faster but sacrifices damage lets say, that would be a great tool for keeping the fight at range / holding ground. The front side kick to body works well for this purpose but Gokhan doesn't have that.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's a fine balance, but they should still be fast enough to hit the counter window as effectively.
Tbh, it makes countering more difficult. You have to be more cautious and selective at countering at the opportune moment, rather than just spamming head movement & throwing straight after. Good change so far
Old 03-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #28
Banned

Any stat/move changes with the tuner?
Old 03-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #29
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Any stat/move changes with the tuner?
No, this was just to get last minute gameplay changes in.

Anything from this weeks card would come in another update.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #30
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

This patch is a massive difference, feels like a complete new game!!

Transitions on the ground feel faster, takedowns feel smoother, countering is amazing, fighters don’t float anymore and they feel like they have weight.

Strikes aren’t blazingly fast like they were before.

The block breaking feels like a perfect balance so far.

I’m loving it atm!!!

Yet to use Saki, will try him now.

The game feels a lot more slowed down overall which I love, feels more simulated. The ref interactions are pretty cool aswell although I wasn’t really fussed about it.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #31
Rookie

Patch made me crack and buy the guy game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #32
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

There's a bit more i could do to further speed them up when used appropriately, but it was too much work to get in for this update and the problem seemed severe enough to risk this side effect.

If it proves to be a problem I can always put in the time to do that extra work, but it will have to be balanced with other priorities.
I want to thank you so much for all you do, Geoff. I’ve seen glimpses inside the industry, and I know how much work, how much blood, sweat, and tears go into these projects, let alone maintaining a consistent presence within the community. There may be gripes I have, but I so appreciate your contribution to online sports gaming and to the community.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Last edited by NYG_Meth; 03-05-2018 at 03:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »