Home

Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more

This is a discussion on Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more

First off, this patch is amazing. Seriously, great job Devs and thank you.

My favorite feature by far though is the new ref interactions. They look great, and add much needed authenticity to the end of fights. So here I am, asking that it has an even bigger presence in the game.

It is true that GDP said Finish the Fight sequences are more frequent, and walk-off KOs are fewer. I have no doubt this is the truth, however, I'm not sure if its my playstyle or if it is because I'm playing against the AI, but walk off KOs still occur more than Finish the Fight in my experience so far.

So this is my request: Please add these new ref interaction finish the fight sequences to ALL KOs.

Shocking right? We all know this has been requested before, but here is what has changed:

-Added Referee break interactions during Finish the Fight
-Reduced number of strikes before Referee steps in during Finish the Fight

These were big reasons why the crew decided to do away with Finish the Fight after KOs. Now that conditions are better surrounding this area of the game, I am requesting Finish the Fight gets added back to being an option after KOs.

Like I said before, the animations look great and add realism to the end of fights, I'd love to see them more in the game. You could still allow walk-off KOs by having the "walk-off celebration" animations trigger after a few seconds after a KO, if the player doesn't attempt to follow his opponent.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being ungrateful asking for more, on the day of the patch, because I really am appreciative of the patch. In fact, I want something introduced in the patch to be in the game more, thats how much I love the patch. Thanks again, and tell me what you think guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more

One step at a time.

Getting even this change in this quickly was no small feat.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
One step at a time.

Trust me, I'm more grateful than you realize. Just look at my Thread history. Almost all of them are about Finish the Fight and KO scenarios. This was an amazing patch all around.

Just wanna give input as soon as possible, more possibility of it happening and all that. Thanks again to you and the crew.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
First off, this patch is amazing. Seriously, great job Devs and thank you.

My favorite feature by far though is the new ref interactions. They look great, and add much needed authenticity to the end of fights. So here I am, asking that it has an even bigger presence in the game.

It is true that GDP said Finish the Fight sequences are more frequent, and walk-off KOs are fewer. I have no doubt this is the truth, however, I'm not sure if its my playstyle or if it is because I'm playing against the AI, but walk off KOs still occur more than Finish the Fight in my experience so far.

So this is my request: Please add these new ref interaction finish the fight sequences to ALL KOs.

Shocking right? We all know this has been requested before, but here is what has changed:

-Added Referee break interactions during Finish the Fight
-Reduced number of strikes before Referee steps in during Finish the Fight

These were big reasons why the crew decided to do away with Finish the Fight after KOs. Now that conditions are better surrounding this area of the game, I am requesting Finish the Fight gets added back to being an option after KOs.

Like I said before, the animations look great and add realism to the end of fights, I'd love to see them more in the game. You could still allow walk-off KOs by having the "walk-off celebration" animations trigger after a few seconds after a KO, if the player doesn't attempt to follow his opponent.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being ungrateful asking for more, on the day of the patch, because I really am appreciative of the patch. In fact, I want something introduced in the patch to be in the game more, thats how much I love the patch. Thanks again, and tell me what you think guys.
You took the words right out of my mouth, awesome post. This patch is literally AMAZING. GPD thank you and everyone who worked on this patch once again. With time, if strikes after a knockout gets added, do you think there's a possibility to have the unconscious fighter be in some kind of "ragdoll mode" on the ground when being finished? Only when a knockout happens though. Once again thank you.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
You took the words right out of my mouth, awesome post. This patch is literally AMAZING. GPD thank you and everyone who worked on this patch once again. With time, if strikes after a knockout gets added, do you think there's a possibility to have the unconscious fighter be in some kind of "ragdoll mode" on the ground when being finished? Only when a knockout happens though. Once again thank you.
Yeah Undisputed 3 had the "ragdoll mode" after a KO finish the fight, it looks great. Makes everything about the sequence feel dynamic and unique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Millhouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah Undisputed 3 had the "ragdoll mode" after a KO finish the fight, it looks great. Makes everything about the sequence feel dynamic and unique.
If EA will do it, EA UFC 3 will be the best mma game ever for me.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Cant wait to play when I get home , this was a huge issue I had with the game ...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
One step at a time.

yeah. great job. i appreciate for it and l'd like to you consider added some controllers vibration when refs do physics interaction in the future. it would be more impact. thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »