Home

Block needs to break faster during health events

This is a discussion on Block needs to break faster during health events within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Block needs to break faster during health events

During a health even(Rock) the block meter should be at least at half of its normal lenght making it easier to finish the fight with punches instead of using the same cheesy 1-2 1-2 kick or overhand becouse when your rocked you cant defend properly as before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Block needs to break faster during health events

Both pre-patch and post-patch I've found that throwing 2 or 3 jabs essentially destroys your opponent's block break. It seems post-patch the 1-1-1 doesn't do AS MUCH damage as it used to but that lame combo will still wreck 75% of your block power.

But throw a straight, Lead hook, rear uppercut and lead hook combo --- something that would obliterate an MMA striking guard in real life --- and at best your opponent's block was reduced by 70%, likely less.

Trust me I have tried many variations of powerful inside combos to break the block. They don't really work. You're better doing some 1-1-1-Head Kick Cheeze ---- and if your opponent catches onto that and ducks, well, one uppercut will finish them

But yea 3 jabs and a headkick = insta KO against most ppl. Kinda lame when that dusts someone but a 5-piece full stamina hook/uppercut combo doesn't even do damage against a rocked opponent.

(Yes I know.... USE HEADMOVEMENT ... I agree ... doesn't change the fact that someone can eat a straight, two hooks and an uppercut and still have a healthy chunk of block power ...whereas throwing a 1-1-2 or 1-1-1 will essentially melt the block power.....and all it takes is one power shot to literally finish the fight in the first minute of the first round .... needs to be looked at IMO )

Full Disclosure --- I've been KO'd by people throwing 1-1-1 Head Kick, or 1-2-1-2 Head Kick, a few times for sure.

1-2-1-2 head kick I'm sorta OK with. My fault forn ot moving my head.

But I swear ---- two or three jabs do more block break damage than a straight, hook, uppercut combo --- no bueno
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 03-08-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
Banned

A combination of hooks and uppercuts should allways break a stunned opponent block but sadly the devs are ignoring this
Old 03-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEx3KillA
A combination of hooks and uppercuts should allways break a stunned opponent block but sadly the devs are ignoring this
I've tried so many different power combos to break block but it really doesn't work too well.

Even if you try it several times throughout a fight, it seems that their long-term block power doesn't drop much at all. UNLESS you put them on the ground and they block a ton of your ground n pound.

I like the concept I just think there are certain punches (JABS!) that are OP and some (UPPERCUTS) that need quite a boost

And long-term blocking needs to drain a bit more quickly too IMO
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 03-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #5
Banned

Geoff we need the block to break with hooks and uppercuts just as it breaks with jabs its silly now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
Banned

Yeah using combos to break blocks isn't really realistic.

1st. You see the same combos over and over again to break blocks.

2nd. I liked it better in UFC 2 where the arm health was the factor of breaking a block. In 3 the block recovers it doesn't matter how many punches you threw at him after 30 seconds it is back to full strength....

3rd. You get long term head damage but honestly the moment you go for the kill the opponent sways and knocks you out with one punch lol. Happened so often and the reason why is... people aren't afraid to get KO'd enough, cause the block will hold up, once it's filled up again.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Yeah using combos to break blocks isn't really realistic.

1st. You see the same combos over and over again to break blocks.

2nd. I liked it better in UFC 2 where the arm health was the factor of breaking a block. In 3 the block recovers it doesn't matter how many punches you threw at him after 30 seconds it is back to full strength....

3rd. You get long term head damage but honestly the moment you go for the kill the opponent sways and knocks you out with one punch lol. Happened so often and the reason why is... people aren't afraid to get KO'd enough, cause the block will hold up, once it's filled up again.
I feel that arm strength/block power rengenerates in like 3 seconds, not 30! lol

Only way I've been able to do long-term damage to someone's block strength is via ground and pound.

All I know is that when DC can block a straight, two hooks, and an uppercut, without really taking any appreciable bleed-thru (maybe like 5% at most) ---- block is a bit OP.

On the other hand sometimes it's just Jab Jab Jab and block strength is 90% gone

Just hoping we can get some more consistency
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 03-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #8
Rookie

The block is definitely to strong. People already abuse it online to waste your stamina trying to break the block. I shouldn‘t be punished for being active especially with the changed stamina after rocks and knockdowns it gets even worse if they can land just
that one stupid rock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »