Home

UFC 4 Wishlist!!!

This is a discussion on UFC 4 Wishlist!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 Wishlist!!!

I am probably in the minority but I like the gate system for subs. it just is long overdue for some evolution.

▪︎muscle modifier on offense/defense . to get a quicker sub or instant sub in some cases, or to escape and sweep.

▪︎option to easily release subs that are deeply locked in if you think the opponent will escape ,and maintain position. like let go of a deep RNC but keep position with body triangle locked in. or let go of arm triangle to keep side control. to balance that out, a deep choke should no longer do head damage so that the next punch knocks you out. I always thought that was pretty dumb despite me taking full advantage of it .

▪︎submission switching like undisputed . not just to different subs but also modifying your submission, like switching your grip on a RNC or allowing you to switch to a Rockhold style one arm Guillotine.

▪︎allow strikes to aid in blocking gate escapes, like elbows in when you have a deep triangle in.

just a few ideas... I think they should explore more options with the gates before they consider getting rid of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #106
Rookie

+ Please fix stamina drain, it's a good system but it still drains stamina way too fast.
+ Pressure system is broken.. too easy to pressure, very hard to create distance and even un the UFC people aren't chest to chest the whole fight
+ Fix career mode balancing, allow the players enough time to get their stats up before facing higher level opponents

These are just 3 things I'd say work on
Old 05-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #107
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonFlow
+ Please fix stamina drain, it's a good system but it still drains stamina way too fast.
Is this a joke?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #108
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Is this a joke?

With all due respect, the entire post is a joke. If stamina supposedly drains way too much, how on earth can you pressure anyone at all? You'd be depleted in seconds and easy to interrupt.

And career mode is not lacking in that aspect imo. You might end up losing a couple times early on, but is that a big deal? Later on - if you're good at the game - you won't notice the skill difference and you'll win all matches on "very hard" anyway. I do agree you should have more choice on who to fight, instead of there being 3 (more or less similar) choices. No, there's way more pressing issues for career.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #109
Rookie

Make the octagon/cage have physics tied into them like if I knock someone down he shouldnt go into a ftf sequence like the one and only ftf animation for the cage knockdown he shoud maybe stagger/wobble into it and bounce off of it or if hurt bad enough fall into the cage then to the ground.
Maybe get rid of finish the fight all togather and instead of being tied into an animation make it physics based and if I knock someone down they should have more tools to defend on the ground such as sways.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:22 PM   #110
Rookie

CONTEXTUAL STRIKES

A PERFECT example of this is the fight between Alexa Grasso and Karolina K. In round 3, Alexa gets close and ducks down and comes up with a lead head kick but it is not the same head kick that would be thrown from two feet back. It’s very Dillashaw or Thompson like.

BRAWLING RANGE

Strikes that are closer than punching range, lets say “BRAWLING” range, should have their own animations. Often times in UFC 3, I SHOULD be able to counter someone but I can’t because the strike is omptimized for punching range, but the person is beyond punching range. This is why the knee and elbow spam is so OP, because they’re the only strikes that actually work at that range aside from say uppercuts but as many know, the uppercut doesn’t always beat the knee elbow spam.

IMPROVED PHYSICS, TEXTURES AND LOCKED 60 FPS

This is so we can have another feature…CROSSPLAY. The locked frame rate would allow for an equal playing field across every platform.

PC VERSION!!!!!!!

PLEASE make a PC version that would actually do a game like this justice. Ultra sliders with the locked 60 fps would be AWESOME!! Lighting and antialiasing galore. Post processing for the polish. YUMMY.

NO GRAPPLING META

Currently, with the grappling, it goes the same way every time. You get grabbed, held, held, held, held, then gassed, then it’s GnP or sub and there’s nothing you can do to stop it because of the way the system works. If you’re facing a guy that’s good enough, he’ll hold you down the entire fight. I’ve seen this happen to some AMAZING players.

It’s the same cheap tactics, constant fakes, stamina sapping. It's totally not free flow and that’s why it’s so hard to get people off of you. You only have a set number of directions and they’re waiting on you to go and they have a 1/4 chance of just guessing alone. It’s always the same. You know what they want to do but it seems like even if you do the right thing, it doesn’t matter because the system can be gamed. The wrestling also feels far laggier than UFC 2 and you have way less time to do things where as in UFC 2, you could actually SEE the movements and block them. I was a god at wrestling on that game, on here? HA!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #111
Pro

I don't even remember my old suggestions to sorry if I repeat them.

1) Universal/Absolute grappling controls.
- Pretty much every other sports game has an option to make the stick controls more consistent by giving each action a specific input that does not change depending on context For example in UFC 3 I think the Double Underhook Takedown from Double Leg vs. Clinch changes depending the stances or whatever. I think it is artificial difficulty which only confuses beginner and intermediate players whereas the more invested players memorize them in a day and never think about it again. It's very frustrating to give up transitions because this time it went to a different direction.

2) One deny for all cage swap positions
- Related to the first one but I wanted to highlight it. The single collar versus the cage is particularly jarring as it provides two directions. The clinch should be about predicting your opponent's movements rather than guessing left or right.

3) Connection filtering
- I will never play against a red latency bar online so I do not see why isn't there an option to exclude them. This is also a must for quick matches that doesn't even provide a latency bar.

4) Easier combo navigation in practice mode.
- Who knows if the combo system returns to UFC 4 but I'll assume it does. Right now it is a drag to study combos. For once, they are hidden behind so many menus (and for some reason sports games struggle with smooth and intuitive menus) and there is no way to display combos during the practice gameplay. In addition, the different combo tiers should be bracketed so I pick a striker with let's say Level 5 Boxing and I could see him and more efficiently learn what are good Lvl 2/3 combos that most characters can use.

5) Animation trigger for touching gloves from a longer distance
- Fake glove touching is just an obnoxious part that doesn't add anything to the game. Basically, if you are in step-kick range from each other then it triggers an animation where you touch gloves and reset. Hopefully this could also help against people who go for ankle picks or teeps after touching gloves.

6) More love to classic fighters.
- I'm one of those people that likes it when the ranked mode has a diverse set of characters that can compete with each other as long as the players are evenly skilled. If you look at something like LHW now, the division is really shallow and poor and I would think the game would benefit if guys like Machida/Wanderlei/Shogun/Rashad/Rampage/Tito/Liddell had prime versions of themselves that were around A/B+ tier.

7) More stat changes for inactive fighters
- I wish there were more buffs (sometimes nerfs too) for inactive fighters. For example, Kevin Lee had (idk if he still has) a very low Stance Switch stat even though he actively changes stances. However, this did not get addressed in time as he wasn't all that active while the game still got stat updates. Some characters like Rockhold could have gotten a tiny buff so that his in-game strength was closer to his status IRL whereas someone like Paulo Costa should have definitely increased from B tier.

8) No online entrances.

- Just no lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #112
MVP

^^ classic fighter stats would be fantastic.

Have a modern stats and a prime stats with slight moveset variations.

I wonder though, with the giant roster they had in UFC 3, what are those teams that focus on characters doing this time round?

Are they remodelling? Adding new guys? Tweaking moves and stats?

Or does the budget get shifted and other areas take priority?

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »