Home

UFC 4 Wishlist!!!

This is a discussion on UFC 4 Wishlist!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 Wishlist!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Need:

For the Lead Animator not to have so much free time that he can write a f***ing book while this game is in development. Not a good sign in my opinion.

How much of that “free time” could have gone into improving this game with ideas and passion not tied up in his book project?
Do you spend your free time working pro bono at whatever trash job you're stuck with? How dare he try to enjoy his life instead of working himself sick for a video game of all things.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #138
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Need:

For the Lead Animator not to have so much free time that he can write a f***ing book while this game is in development. Not a good sign in my opinion.

How much of that “free time” could have gone into improving this game with ideas and passion not tied up in his book project?
Haha. This has to be a troll post. I didn't realize EA Sports was paying the dev team for every second of the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 PM   #139
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Haha. This has to be a troll post. I didn't realize EA Sports was paying the dev team for every second of the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Writing a book is a massive project to undertake in the middle of developing a game. I think it’s a legitimate question to ask if it ever interfered with his development work. Also, does it show a lack of passion for his craft?

In the field of network engineering, many spend free time learning more and doing labs to further their careers. Someone in my field of work would not simply choose to write a fiction book. If they did, one would assume they were probably trying to quit their job and become a full time writer. Nothing wrong with that, and perhaps that’s the case here as well.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #140
Rookie

I would like to see far less rocks but the rocks being far more consequential and difficult to survive. Power and chin should play into when a rock happens, but the threshold should be greater. When you’re able to rock the opponent is should have a very high chance of ending the fight. Head movement, takedowns, or clinching should be the go to way to survive. Blocks and movement should be severely compromised, perhaps even have the fighter stumbling and you can’t control the movement very well. You should still be able to strike back but they should be slower, harder to land shots.

Also, stamina drain on strike attempts. It should still tire the fighter just as much if they land shots or the shots are blocked, this would cut down on spamming and allow for a more conservative and realistic fight to play out.

Also, on the ground it seems to be a problem with the top fighter actually getting more tired than the fighter on bottom. Stamina tax should be higher for movements by the bottom fighter and ground and pound should tax their stamina more as well.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #141
Pro

Francisco Trinaldo - 19 octagon appearances with a 23-7 record. This fighter is the prime example of a deep cut, hardcore fan, roster addition I would appreciate EA adds. His resume is more than deserving. I get the flavor of the month post launch additions so it’s probably launch or bust for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 05:37 AM   #142
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Wishlist:

A judging system that allows for draws, or better cornermen.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #143
MVP

1. Ability to grab wrists and ankles of your opponent.

2. Hand fighting , parrying , high level boxers should be able to block with one arm and strike with the other .

3. Overhaul of GA meter . Scrap it . Mini transitions , quicker scramble transitions.

4. Submissions must be set up before attempting one . Scrap the mini game . Use real life positions and mechanisms to defend and threaten submissions .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #144
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Wishlist:

A judging system that allows for draws, or better cornermen.
Why not both?

Imagine having a fourth iteration of this game without draws.. That's like 2k saying 'We won't count three pointers because it's too much trouble.'

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »