Home

Lunging magnet punch

This is a discussion on Lunging magnet punch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lunging magnet punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Perhaps this is another thing that makes outside fighting more difficult if you're a defensive counter striker type guy!

You might be right about it happening when a strike is thrown by the other guy too.

Then it generates some sort of forced collision event :/

In that sequence, Mark Hunt should have whiffed and probably eaten a punch for his troubles.
You might have got knocked out if the distance was just right?
This is a huge problem
Old 04-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
I really hope they didn't add that on purpose cause that needs to go.

Looks like a DBZ move
It is INDEED on purpose. Just learned about this yesterday and personally, I really really really hate this.

Maybe a Dev or Yves could come in and give a detailed accurate breakdown on this and why it's required in the game. I just wish it wasn't. It's incredibly frustrating.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
It is INDEED on purpose. Just learned about this yesterday and personally, I really really really hate this.

Maybe a Dev or Yves could come in and give a detailed accurate breakdown on this and why it's required in the game. I just wish it wasn't. It's incredibly frustrating.
Thats really painful i hope devs can give us some more defensive tools to keep distance.

Maybe the ability to link lunges together better. i just try to do 2 regular lunges with baroa online and it would only do 1.

I swear in career mode i could link 2 R lunges together and it created good distance.

If i get hit shouldn't the lunge back still happen or would the punch stop me from moving away?

Cause im pretty sure it stops you in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 04:32 AM   #12
MVP

To me it seems like you're either out of range when a shot is thrown and so won't be hit.

Or you are in range but move slightly, without using the lunges, to get out of range but cannot as you didn't use the lunge so are punished.

FNC you could float in and out of range. Here if you float into range and a shot is thrown, you can't float out but must lunge. The magnetism kicks in.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind

Oh god no

If it’s intentional I’m definitely going to have to give up on UFC3
Old 04-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #14
MVP

This is probably to do with the target tracking system that also haults any form of movement. Literally the only way to create space is to use a bug. The tracking system also allows tge aggressor to hold forward the entire time and be in striking distance.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:08 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
To me it seems like you're either out of range when a shot is thrown and so won't be hit.

Or you are in range but move slightly, without using the lunges, to get out of range but cannot as you didn't use the lunge so are punished.

FNC you could float in and out of range. Here if you float into range and a shot is thrown, you can't float out but must lunge. The magnetism kicks in.
Are you saying you need to use the lunges to stop this DBZ move from happening?

Cause ive been doing the lunges both of them and it definitely still does the DBZ move to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush land
Are you saying you need to use the lunges to stop this DBZ move from happening?

Cause ive been doing the lunges both of them and it definitely still does the DBZ move to me.
I think he’s talking about the way the game encourages using lunges to dodge. Instead of manipulating distance you just time a lunge and get auto whiffs.

There isnt a lot of complexity to the stand up unfortunately outside of the controls themselves

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »