Home

Lunging magnet punch

This is a discussion on Lunging magnet punch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #33
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lunging magnet punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealswordart
how about instead of automatically moving the striker at all, you just give us actual manual inputs for different types of lunges and strikes?

its nonsensical, at best.
That was part of his quote too. I fixed it. This could be solved by giving us the ability to lunge and strike immediately, like we had in UFC 2...
Old 06-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #34
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I'm gonna start making a list of every "Magnetic scenario" I find in the game that needs to be correct in order to buff distance fighting. If you wanna help... go into practice mode, try to find more and post them here. I'll start.

When a stationary strike is thrown, keep it stationary

Notice the video below.

Fighter A inputs a stationary duck uppercut
Fighter B uses the minor back lunge to evade the uppercut
Fighter A with the help of the game, automatically advances forward to REGAIN the distance he lost.

Again, fighter A is using a stationary duck uppercut here, but for some reason, the game advances him forward as fighter B works to create some space.

This also happens with regular uppercuts. Fighter A throws a regular uppercut, Fighter B uses the minor back lunge to create distance, fighter A advances with the uppercut anyways like he threw a forward moving uppercut.

Now one might ask. So what? The uppercuts aren't landing, so what's the issue? Well the issue is distance. Fighter A used a STATIONARY strike, why help him out by advancing him to recover distance that i worked to create?

The uppercut is the only punch i've seen work this way. With every other strike, the basic lunge creates distance and maintains it.

Here's a stationary duck hook example:

Notice how the fighter doesn't advance? Because of this, creating distance with the minor back lunge is possible.

With every other punch i've tested, this works as intended.... EXCEPT the uppercut. (You can do this test yourself if you like).

Solution:

Whether it's a bug, or intended, advances forward when a stationary strike has been thrown should not be a thing. If a stationary strike it thrown, it needs to be stationary. This way, the fighter trying to use defense, can consistently depend on his defensive tools and not be sabotaged by the game playing favorites (so to speak).

That's the first one. I'll keep looking for more and try to keep these as specific as possible.
Important problem here, noticed by MM.

Any news about solving this issue with transforming Stationary strike into advancing strike w/o any cons of advancing strikes?
Old 06-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #35
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Important problem here, noticed by MM.

Any news about solving this issue with transforming Stationary strike into advancing strike w/o any cons of advancing strikes?
In a game based on purposeful timing and movement, this is gamebreaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #36
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Glad to see a post about this hope this gets address by the devs soon because it has to be one of the more annoying things in the game.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #37
MVP

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC:

If you back lunge before the strike is thrown, the striker will close as much distance as is is capable of doing because he knows you are back lunging.

The back lunge will evade the strike, but the striker will extended maximum effort to close the distance will the full knowledge that the other player has already made an effort to lunge backwards and create space.

If the strike is thrown first, and the back lunge comes after, the striker will close as much distance as he would have had to close to make contact before the lunge was executed.

There may be some tuning to tighten up some cases, but I don't think that logic is flawed at all.

Heres gpds answer to this topic. Its basically an animation bug by the sounds of things using his logic.

Unfortunately this isnt how it works, if the striker is out of range before the strike is thrown he will still be out of range, he wont throw further he will move forward to throw it.

Its like this. The orginal range before a strike is thrown.

Attacker ------------ Oppenent.

Oppenent lunges prior to attack so distance is greater.

Attacker ----------------- Oppenent

The attacker has to reset distance to be able to land and doesnt artificially throw it further.

Now if the lunge is executed at the correct timing to evade the shot the distance between the fighters doesnt change, its just where the fighters are postioned that are changed.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #38
MVP

Just get rid off the magnetism and have the left stick dictate how far you step with the strike.

The further you step the harder a counter punch hits.

Step too far and you can smother your punch.

No invisible barrier to prevent clashing.

Done.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #39
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
Glad to see a post about this hope this gets address by the devs soon because it has to be one of the more annoying things in the game.
It definitely is cuz it really sabatoges your defense. Sometimes it looks like the strike is supposed to miss when all of a sudden it just zip lines straight at you with increased speed. The magnetic strikes are definitely one of the more annoying aspects of the striking.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #40
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC:

If you back lunge before the strike is thrown, the striker will close as much distance as is is capable of doing because he knows you are back lunging.

The back lunge will evade the strike, but the striker will extended maximum effort to close the distance will the full knowledge that the other player has already made an effort to lunge backwards and create space.

If the strike is thrown first, and the back lunge comes after, the striker will close as much distance as he would have had to close to make contact before the lunge was executed.

There may be some tuning to tighten up some cases, but I don't think that logic is flawed at all.

Heres gpds answer to this topic. Its basically an animation bug by the sounds of things using his logic.

Unfortunately this isnt how it works, if the striker is out of range before the strike is thrown he will still be out of range, he wont throw further he will move forward to throw it.

Its like this. The orginal range before a strike is thrown.

Attacker ------------ Oppenent.

Oppenent lunges prior to attack so distance is greater.

Attacker ----------------- Oppenent

The attacker has to reset distance to be able to land and doesnt artificially throw it further.

Now if the lunge is executed at the correct timing to evade the shot the distance between the fighters doesnt change, its just where the fighters are postioned that are changed.
You can already choose whether to throw a lunging or stationary strike. Why is the game deciding for us in this limited context? Its bizzare.

If the game has to suck my opponent several feet to land then I obviously timed it properly and the game is just doing the work for the offensive fighter. This is unbalanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »