Home

Fighting against crucifix masters

This is a discussion on Fighting against crucifix masters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Fighting against crucifix masters

How do you deal with it? I've literally had multiple ranked fights where I win every round defending their takedowns then they get one slam . I don't time the deny right and they get position then they deny my first transition to get out of it and my stamina shoots down to half and they rain elbows down while i try a few fakes and trastions and I'm dead . Then they message me " Your trash kid"

Wish there was an up or down trasition to get out of it so it wasn't so predictable to deny escapes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Fighting against crucifix masters

You can spam the transition towards their direction as a feint (the one where you posture your arm straight close to them). And then after you get them used to it you can immediately switch to the other direction (which will have increased GA) or just do it in the same direction.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
You can spam the transition towards their direction as a feint (the one where you posture your arm straight close to them). And then after you get them used to it you can immediately switch to the other direction (which will have increased GA) or just do it in the same direction.
what if they are so fast they deny your fakes?
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
How do you deal with it? I've literally had multiple ranked fights where I win every round defending their takedowns then they get one slam . I don't time the deny right and they get position then they deny my first transition to get out of it and my stamina shoots down to half and they rain elbows down while i try a few fakes and trastions and I'm dead . Then they message me " Your trash kid"

Wish there was an up or down trasition to get out of it so it wasn't so predictable to deny escapes.
While transition faking and then going the other direction will allow you to escape against a lot of crucifix spammers, staying out of it to begin with will be life and death against some players.

Don’t be afraid to let them get mount. If you wait until you see their transition for crucifix to start you will have time to deny it. Don’t even worry about mount because have multiple ways to get out without even taking much if any damage. Just focus on denying the transition after it starts. Be patient and calm.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
How do you deal with it?
By avoiding it literally at all costs. It's a death sentence.

Since denying fakes is a thing (dumbest mechanic ever), you're pretty much doomed once caught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
Rookie

I struggle with this as well. I don't understand the ability to deny fakes. The point of a fake should be to get them to deny at the wrong time. If they can just deny your fake what are you supposed to be faking them out on? It is not much benefit that i faked them into gassing me and making it impossible to even try a real transition.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I struggle with this as well. I don't understand the ability to deny fakes. The point of a fake should be to get them to deny at the wrong time. If they can just deny your fake what are you supposed to be faking them out on? It is not much benefit that i faked them into gassing me and making it impossible to even try a real transition.
Your feint only works if they buy it.
The best deffense to crucifix is stay out of it at all costs. Its a very dominant position, if the guy on top knows what he is doing, game over 90% of the time.
What bothers me is that a bjj master like Werdum doesnt have that position.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARIK_
Your feint only works if they buy it.
The best deffense to crucifix is stay out of it at all costs. Its a very dominant position, if the guy on top knows what he is doing, game over 90% of the time.
What bothers me is that a bjj master like Werdum doesnt have that position.

The feint is useful if you do it correctly, your timing has to be good, you can feint the other direction too. Microseconds matter here a lot/ The point generally is to survive, kill time off the clock to get a second chance. I also recommend doing the "1 second pause" rule. Which is to wait about a second or half a second after they strike to transition. A lot of people tend to block immediately after they strike because thats when people usually transition, so if you wait a small period you can usually transition after they lock themselves out. This is especially useful in back side mount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »