Home

Old 06-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm done

i can't stand it anymore. i'll come back in a couple months, this is aweful. its so unresponsive now i just can't keep doing it. I'm throwing jab uppercut, get jab and then NOTHING. eat overhand fight over. lag lag lag, not having fun any more. EVERY session ends with rage quit the game. recovery frames, probably the worst thing in this game. you should never be standing there unable to throw. Mounted strikes are broken, hip escape from the bottom doesn't work a lot of the time despite perfect timing, arm trap STILL broken in top mount. lag is so bad catch kick is very unreliable. I have a 100mb connection and a 1ms screen how can it still be this bad?? everyone throws basic strikes 99% of the time.... ugh

i'll keep an eye out for the next patch but at this point i have no faith its getting any better than this. it might change a bit and feel different but not better.

/rant over, moving on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

Re: I'm done

i know this sounds insulting but it sounds like you need practice. The game has flaws but a lot of the things you mentioned probably have more to do with skill. As for lag, its probably you if everyone is lagging
Old 06-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Rookie

its not insulting, but when i press square+x but get no response whatsoever thats cause i need practice? even when im just standing there? im getting tons of dropped inputs online now. much more so after the last patch. when i hold the correct modifiers for a push kick and get only standard body kick despite holding the modifiers constantly, thats cause i suck? the lag is more to do with the way the game feels its not really online lag, the game is laggy. things take forever to come out. everything feels so sluggish even offline. its not nimble, it feels cumbersome and clunky. strikes can be queued up so far in advance it feels totally disconnected. i can't even get my girl or friends to play it with me cause they hate it so bad.

it feels like the only one's who have any influence are the top 10 guys, but you know what? the rest of us want to have fun. and i'm in the top 100 so its not like i don't know how to play. i'm \not the best but i'm in div 5 on one account so i think i kinda get the mechanics. i saw a post from tekara83, he is in the top 20 in UT a lot of the time, he is nearly ready to call it quits too. this isn't our fault, the game isn't intuitive. i picked up Undisputed 2010 the other day off my shelf. and although it felt clunky, it STILL felt less disconnected than this. thats crazy.

i preordered the champions ed and have been playing since launch. every patch literally breaks something to the point of certain positions being totally messed up. its ridiculous that for every fix we get, 2-3 more things break. they add more mechanics to try to fix the play style but the feeling of the game isn't getting better. I win about 70% of the time and its not satisfying or fun anymore. like i said i'll come back in a month or 2, i can't keep grinding away trying to find fun in this game. its not worth my time. i have a backlog of a few games that i'm going to get into in the mean time. i need something totally different.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
its not insulting, but when i press square+x but get no response whatsoever thats cause i need practice? even when im just standing there? im getting tons of dropped inputs online now. much more so after the last patch. when i hold the correct modifiers for a push kick and get only standard body kick despite holding the modifiers constantly, thats cause i suck? the lag is more to do with the way the game feels its not really online lag, the game is laggy. things take forever to come out. everything feels so sluggish even offline. its not nimble, it feels cumbersome and clunky. strikes can be queued up so far in advance it feels totally disconnected. i can't even get my girl or friends to play it with me cause they hate it so bad.

it feels like the only one's who have any influence are the top 10 guys, but you know what? the rest of us want to have fun. and i'm in the top 100 so its not like i don't know how to play. i'm \not the best but i'm in div 5 on one account so i think i kinda get the mechanics. i saw a post from tekara83, he is in the top 20 in UT a lot of the time, he is nearly ready to call it quits too. this isn't our fault, the game isn't intuitive. i picked up Undisputed 2010 the other day off my shelf. and although it felt clunky, it STILL felt less disconnected than this. thats crazy.

i preordered the champions ed and have been playing since launch. every patch literally breaks something to the point of certain positions being totally messed up. its ridiculous that for every fix we get, 2-3 more things break. they add more mechanics to try to fix the play style but the feeling of the game isn't getting better. I win about 70% of the time and its not satisfying or fun anymore. like i said i'll come back in a month or 2, i can't keep grinding away trying to find fun in this game. its not worth my time. i have a backlog of a few games that i'm going to get into in the mean time. i need something totally different.
i usually have a good time except when I play certain pressure fighters, the last patch improved a ton of things, I felt that the game was terrible before the patch and horrible before that patch. Now its slightly more balanced but still needs work.

as for you playing UT, honestly man after the battlefront 2 debacle I gave 0 ****s about UT, consider it a lesson learned regarding EA. I will never spend a single dollar for their ultimate teams or any microtransaction system.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon14 Re: I'm done

oh i don't spend money on it. (save for the premium starter packs in ufc 2 so whats that like $3?) though i suppose i did buy the Champions pack, although to be honest part of that purchase was to get to play it a few days early.

On a side note, i pre-ordered early, like whenever the announcement was, never even got an email about the beta and missed it. that was annoying.

but UT was tons of fun last game. i liked trying to perfect my moveset, (you know, when you could add more than a handful) and slowly building the guy up. i used to lose like, 80% of the time back then, but it made me want to keep playing. eventually ended up in division 6 but couldn't compete because i still had no fluidity perk for my middleweight.

sometimes, i need a couple beers to stop me from just shutting this game down. Oddly enough sometimes i'm unstoppable when slightly drunk lol.

Today i'm playing Rayman Legends. Great game. the best part? super responsive controls, makes it a lot of fun. needed something to clear my head, haven't played a sidescrolling platformer in years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree with alot of what you are saying.. I have a real issue with things u don't need practice with.... Like very bad input lag, strikes coming out that I'm not even inputting, hit detection is horrible... Score cards are wrong counting knock downs when I wasnt knocked down??? Lol

I've already sold the game. I play injustice 2 and it's just alot more fun for me. I can honestly say I've never had fun in this game like I did in ufc 2. Even when I win, it's just not fun.. I still watch ufc 3 streams and interact with the community but I won't play anymore.

I've lost to you our last 2 fights, so I understand your frustration isn't bc ur a bad player. I just think it's a bad game. I'm top 20 in UT on this account and top 30 on ranked on my other account and haven't had fun at all getting there. Good luck to you.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #7
Rookie

The game is not sluggish offline it feels great don't keep coming up with excuses for not being very good and i am just of an average to just above average player. I don't get where you say it is sluggish as i only have a standard PS4 and buttons feel very responsive.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:06 AM   #8
MVP

Not trying to be rude or anything but maybe its your internet? I play offline and rarely get dropped inputs, haven't had any weird lag or delayed strikes since the last patch and generally find my controls to be responsive as they can be in a game with startup frames (which can create a sense of delay initially, but you'd be long past that if you've been playing since day 1)

Only time the game feels majorly sluggish for me is if I'm playing online and there is latency.

Do the problems happen offline?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »