Home

Jab uppercut lead hook

This is a discussion on Jab uppercut lead hook within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Jab uppercut lead hook

Watching Martial’s last video reminded me of one of the issues in this game that I’m not fond of. That’s the jab, uppercut, lead hook combo. I also call this the “blast combo”. It’s a combo in almost everyone’s boxing arsenal including my own, dealing massive damage at great speed. It also has a good chance of knocking opponents down as an uppercut leads clean into a lead hook.

To note immediately, i dont think that this combination is unbeatable or anything and am not having trouble beating it- thats not what this is about. , i consider myself a good striker who faces top 10 guys like Preunited, swiss, goat, papadoc, unibot, romero, etc regularly.

My issue with it is how effective it is compared to where it should be in reality.I feel that the blast combo basically beats any boxing strike except for a better timed blast. You will see guys throw a Body kick and then fire a blast before you can respond correctly with an ordinary strike.

The primary issue is the uppercut. The jab uppercut doesnt really work that way in practice. An uppercut should on average lose to a hook because throwing a strike at an upward trajectory sacrifices speed due to gravity. Its a situational strike for guard breaking, attacking shorter opponents and people who have a tendency to drop low such as ducking and takedowns/tdd. Throwing multiple hooks is a more realistic blast and should replace the current version.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 06-11-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Jab uppercut lead hook

The sways need less recovery frames for swaying three and four hit combos. It doesn’t feel fluid you have to flick the stick instead of dragging it in the correct directions to dodge. Too much dead zone on the right stick. Also the side steps need a little buff. Most people don’t even know they’re in the gane
Old 06-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

It’s ACTUALLY Jab uppercut hook hook.

I’ve been calling it the wombo combo for months now. It’s a bit fast to say the least but you can hard counter it with a minor back slip straight hook or uppercut.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
It’s ACTUALLY Jab uppercut hook hook.

I’ve been calling it the wombo combo for months now. It’s a bit fast to say the least but you can hard counter it with a minor back slip straight hook or uppercut.
i just spam that and 1236 and 1454 lol tis gold
Old 06-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Watching Martial’s last video reminded me of one of the issues in this game that I’m not fond of. That’s the jab, uppercut, lead hook combo. I also call this the “blast combo”. It’s a combo in almost everyone’s boxing arsenal including my own, dealing massive damage at great speed. It also has a good chance of knocking opponents down as an uppercut leads clean into a lead hook.

To note immediately, i dont think that this combination is unbeatable or anything and am not having trouble beating it- thats not what this is about. , i consider myself a good striker who faces top 10 guys like Preunited, swiss, goat, papadoc, unibot, romero, etc regularly.

My issue with it is how effective it is compared to where it should be in reality.I feel that the blast combo basically beats any boxing strike except for a better timed blast. You will see guys throw a Body kick and then fire a blast before you can respond correctly with an ordinary strike.

The primary issue is the uppercut. The jab uppercut doesnt really work that way in practice. An uppercut should on average lose to a hook because throwing a strike at an upward trajectory sacrifices speed due to gravity. Its a situational strike for guard breaking, attacking shorter opponents and people who have a tendency to drop low such as ducking and takedowns/tdd. Throwing multiple hooks is a more realistic blast and should replace the current version.

Yes lets start nerfing combos that have hard punishing counters soon we will be living in MartialMinds perfect UFC 3 experience everyone throwing a jab and maybe a jab straight every 38 seconds.

I'll let you catch up to the other combos that are good maybe we can have a thread on whats wrong gravitationally with them when you get there.
Youtube
Twitch

Last edited by MaccaC; 06-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Not to throw fuel on the fire...or hijack thread...

but I think this combo needs to be *buffed* with respect to its ability to break an opponent's block.

Jab --- comes straight at your face

Rear Uppercut --- comes from below

Lead Hook --- comes from the side

I'd venture to say this combo is almost impossible to fully-block in MMA gloves. Three very distinct angles of attack in a short period of time.

But currently, when both fighters are pretty fresh at least, it has minimal block-breaking ability (a jab-jab-jab breaks more block than this combo) --- and very little, if any, bleed-thru damage.

A more dynamic block-breaking system would work wonders for this game IMO

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-blocking.html

Caveat.....any 'nerf' to block MUST be accompanied by an increased stamina tax on blocked strikes!....fighters who throw 120, 130, 140+ strikes per round already have too much of an advantage.

It's hard for me to imagine how I deal with this combo in-game without actually playing lol....but my instinct says "Block the Jab & Uppercut, and fire-back a 3-piece of my own while he's throwing his final strike"...

Or maybe even....

Stay on the Bike, make him miss this combo a couple dozen times, and he'll be gassed as hell (at least under LEC settings lol)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKITZADACTYL
Had a feeling someone would post this since its the only time someone used it so frequently. Again, read my post about ducking opponents/shorter ones/guard breaks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »