Home

Tito Ortiz

This is a discussion on Tito Ortiz within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #17
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tito Ortiz striking?

Takedowns are not as viable as they should be, GnP is weak, and holding someone down to GnP doesn’t always work with online lag. These are 3 things
Tito was great at in his prime, so I’m okay with Tito having great striking to make up for this.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:21 AM   #18
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
You're the only person I've seen so far with that opinion, most everybody else realizes that these guys have comically over the top stats.

It's not balanced, its not fair to the other legends in game whose stats incorporate both the good and the bad and most importantly its just straight up erroneous, Tito Ortiz, in his prime, wasn't a better calibre wrestler than GSP, DC or JBJ.

Nobody is saying nerf them into the ground, but you can't honestly think these stats make sense

They're like a homemade CAF made by someone with a bias for the fighter in question.

Seriously, my Cro Cop CAF had lower stats than the official Cro Cop.

I get they're supposed to be "fun" prime versions of themselves, but that doesn't excuse the fact they have way to high a stats.

I'm a massive Cro Cop/Wand fan, huge.
And even I'm looking at their stats going "Lolwut"

I mean, Cro Cop, Mirko Cro Cop has the highest clinch throws in HW (94) tied with Cain Velasquez.
Please tell me you are kidding? You think Tito Ortiz is a better caliber wrestler than GSP or Daniel Cormier who is a freaking Olympian???? Tito never wrestled above a juco level !!!. You must be young. Unfortunately/fortunately I am old enough to remember Tito career quite vividly. I started watching UFC quite religiously around UFC 39. Granted, this is after Tito so called "prime" but through the grace of DVD I was able to go back and watch Tito career. Tito is by far one of the worse strikers in MMA. His footwork, execution, hand speed are all awkward and un-fundamentally sound. TIto fought nothing about tomato cans like Elvis sinosic early in his career. Granted he holds wins over wanderlei silva way back when people didn't really have a good strategy against wrestler/gnp style fighters, but a few years later when wanderlei hit his prime he would have ate Tito alive. He also hold a notable win against vitor belfort who has been fighting at middleweight the last decade.

So yes. Tito at his best beat tomato cans and underweight light heavyweights throughout his career.
Walk into any gym in America right now and talk to anyone that knows a thing about MMA and tell them you think Tito was a higher caliber wrestler than Cormier or GSP, they will laugh you out of the building youngin lol

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 07-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:33 AM   #19
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I also just want to point out that right now Tito is way more lethal than the ice man who literally dominated Tito in every fight they had. I get that they are supposed to be fun to use. I also get that the online game plays different than against the AI. I play strictly offline.

So I guess I would prefer a game that is a bit more realistic. I am not really concerned with TIto being a viable option against the rest of his division, because in truth he really isn't. Even in his prime. Chuck where's a legacy kit. So in turn chuck is a prime version of chuck. Tito shouldn't be more lethal than chuck... period!
Old 07-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #20
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Please tell me you are kidding? You think Tito Ortiz is a better caliber wrestler than GSP or Daniel Cormier who is a freaking Olympian???? Tito never wrestled above a juco level !!!. You must be young. Unfortunately/fortunately I am old enough to remember Tito career quite vividly. I started watching UFC quite religiously around UFC 39. Granted, this is after Tito so called "prime" but through the grace of DVD I was able to go back and watch Tito career. Tito is by far one of the worse strikers in MMA. His footwork, execution, hand speed are all awkward and un-fundamentally sound. TIto fought nothing about tomato cans like Elvis sinosic early in his career. Granted he holds wins over wanderlei silva way back when people didn't really have a good strategy against wrestler/gnp style fighters, but a few years later when wanderlei hit his prime he would have ate Tito alive. He also hold a notable win against vitor belfort who has been fighting at middleweight the last decade.

So yes. Tito at his best beat tomato cans and underweight light heavyweights throughout his career.
Walk into any gym in America right now and talk to anyone that knows a thing about MMA and tell them you think Tito was a higher caliber wrestler than Cormier or GSP, they will laugh you out of the building youngin lol
He actually said the opposite...
Old 07-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #21
Banned

I have played and used Wandy, Kimbo and Tito. They are all waaaay better than they should. The problem is that the MMA has evolved and these guys are dinosaurs who never really evolved. Keep this in mind Tito's skills in his prime are inferior the Patrick Cummins now. So if you made it too real. NOBODY would use him. The same way NOBODY uses Matt Hughes. But if they were to be consistent. They should have made him similar in stats to Matt Hughes.

Wandy and Kimbo are just a different story. I love Kimbo but all his fights were all dreadful. He had no cardio to speak of (see the Dada 5000 fight). As far as his striking goes we should all keep in mind he got KO'd by Seth Petruzelli. Then go look at his fights and see how slow his strikes are. He should have great power, bad speed and bad cardio. No ground defense. Decent takedowns

Wandy is freaking Mike Tyson all his strikes are powerful (I am sorta ok with that). He has non stop Bisping level cardio. He keeps coming with no drop in his strike power. To me Wandy should feel like Paulo Costa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #22
Pro

Tito Ortiz

First off, great patch. All the grappling adjustments are superb. Wrestling is less useless in top level competition now.

But what’s up with Tito Ortiz? Am I missing something? I’m all for giving “legends” good stats to represent their prime selves.

But Tito Ortiz is a different story. This isn’t just a legend, who was added by popular demand, with stats good enough to make him “useable”. No... Tito isn’t just “useable”. He’s the best guy in the division by a longshot. He can absolutely decimate the second best guy in his division. His stats put Jon Jones and DC to shame.

Here’s a brief glance at Tito’s stats:
-99 top game
-99 takedowns (+3 perk, makes his TDs 102)
-99 grapple stamina
Wow, he has good wrestling. Don’t worry, I’ll just keep it standing and outstrike him. Oh wait...
-97 blocking
-94 head movement
-94 striking stamina
-92 chin strength

Last edited by Good Grappler; 07-04-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Tito Ortiz

The devs are aware of the stats for Ortiz.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #24
MVP

Re: Tito Ortiz

Yeah the devs wanted to have fun with these stats but it rreally came back to bite them in the a.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »