Home

Scoring Bias

This is a discussion on Scoring Bias within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2018, 05:41 PM   #25
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: Scoring Bias

The problem are that there are no rocks on the ground.

Does damaging someone's block counts? It should if it doesn't.


There are also no kds (obviously) on the ground, so that's also a bias.


There are many biases that favor the striker, especially the absolute ludicrous stand-up timer.
UFCBlackbelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #26
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Re: Scoring Bias

I don't quite get the ref separating. I'm glad it's there, especially when the grappling is even and stagnant. But sometimes I get a denial in single collar, throw a knee to the body then try and transition...

Nope, Herb Dean has different ideas.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
GrimLeiper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #27
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I don't quite get the ref separating. I'm glad it's there, especially when the grappling is even and stagnant. But sometimes I get a denial in single collar, throw a knee to the body then try and transition...

Nope, Herb Dean has different ideas.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
The standup is way too fast. It should only be that fast if both players are doing absolutely nothing. And theree should be more time between the warning and the stand up
UFCBlackbelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #28
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
The standup is way too fast. It should only be that fast if both players are doing absolutely nothing. And theree should be more time between the warning and the stand up
I think itís fair considering accelerated clock

I do agree on the warning vs stand up tho
Phillyboi207 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2017
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I think itís fair considering accelerated clock

I do agree on the warning vs stand up tho
It does seem a bit too easy to stall out on bottom even for lower rater ground fighters at high levels.
Papadoc60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #30
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
It does seem a bit too easy to stall out on bottom even for lower rater ground fighters at high levels.
yeah I basically do this all the time. The only "battle" is involved when someone throws down postured strikes to gain GA.

I never really feel like the ground is a nightmare if Mendes takes me down and I'm McGregor. I don't need to transition, all I have to do is wait for them to stop feinting and deny a transition.
UFCBlackbelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2017
Re: Scoring Bias

Basically I feel like the scoring should be more complex with grappling in mind. If half the round is grappling and I dominated it and then he gets up and outstrikes me ( by let's say a 30% margin, likely resulting in him doing more damage given how hard it can be to land postured strikes on the ground ) then the round shouldn't go to him. I feel like if you are landing 3-4 takedowns in a round and control half of the round it should count for something as well instead of literally nothing.

Although, I'm not sure exactly how complex the scoring system actually is. This is a problem with not educating the player base on the nuances of the game's scoring though.
Papadoc60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Basically I feel like the scoring should be more complex with grappling in mind. If half the round is grappling and I dominated it and then he gets up and outstrikes me ( by let's say a 30% margin, likely resulting in him doing more damage given how hard it can be to land postured strikes on the ground ) then the round shouldn't go to him. I feel like if you are landing 3-4 takedowns in a round and control half of the round it should count for something as well instead of literally nothing.

Although, I'm not sure exactly how complex the scoring system actually is. This is a problem with not educating the player base on the nuances of the game's scoring though.
this is a tough one though. i recently had a fight that was kinda similar to mendes/mcgregor. He had probably 3 mins of control the first round, no sub attempts, one time he was postured and did some decent damage, but man, when he got up i lit him up like 5 times with only maybe 24 punches. in all 5 exchanges, dropped him 4 times. The number of punches he landed on the ground was decent and he had more strikes in the round, but it'd be hard to argue i didn't win that round given the circumstances.

Should control time matter more? a bit, but if you aren't doing any damage its tough to score it much more than that. Its probably why they made sub attempts drain soooooooo much health from whatever is being attacked. Sometimes after popping out of a choke you only need a quick elbow and KO.
HereticFighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Top -