Home

What to look for to hit Undeniable TDs, Single Leg Counters,

This is a discussion on What to look for to hit Undeniable TDs, Single Leg Counters, within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #25
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What to look for to hit Undeniable TDs, Single Leg Counters,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I didn't see this two explicitly mentioned so ill chuck them out there:

You can hit a diving low single/ankle pick on an opponent stiff-arm retreating within TD range.

And you can land an Auto-TD whilst both fighters are planted if you use headmovement to avoid a heavy shot like an Overhand or Hook (tested as Blaydes vs Hunt)

For example, if you sway a stationary overhand you can immediately time and auto-double off the sway. You have to be quick and I recall it occasionally and randomly not giving me the instand TD.

Basically, as to my understanding, you can time auto TDs on advancing strikes, and you can use sways to get them on planted strikes.

With the planted strikes however, I'm positive you need a slight stamina advantage, and the bigger than Advantage gets. The easier your insta-TD.

Oh. And finally, you'll always get an instant TD on a taunting opponent (I dunno if you even need the 90 TD off here)

Super handy for this cocky types who taunt in your face to bait counters.
What do you mean by stiff-arm i never heard that term before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #26
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
What do you mean by stiff-arm i never heard that term before?
Holding R1+ R2 is the evasive stiff arm retreat. You'll see José Aldo use it a lot against Frankie Edgar in their second fight at UFC 200 for example.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #27
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Smile Re: What to look for to hit Undeniable TDs, Single Leg Counters,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Holding R1+ R2 is the evasive stiff arm retreat. You'll see José Aldo use it a lot against Frankie Edgar in their second fight at UFC 200 for example.
Ah yeah now i get you i notice Ragin Al has that as well.Thanks for the reply dude
Old 08-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #28
Pro

Absolutely fantastic thread

Edit: stationary doubles as your opponent comes forward is the way to go atm. Seems to be an incredibly reliable TD. Just get your opponent chasing you... then suddenly plant your feet as they’re coming forward, and shoot as they extend with a strike. Sometimes, don’t shoot the TD; blast a 1-2 instead. (The opponent will start anticipating the takedown when you stand still, and a 1-2 down the center can really blast them if they’re expecting a double).

But it’s all about creating awkward lulls in the action. Those random brief pauses. That’s where most players over-commit, and give up TDs.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 08-19-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 AM   #29
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Absolutely fantastic thread

Edit: stationary doubles as your opponent comes forward is the way to go atm. Seems to be an incredibly reliable TD. Just get your opponent chasing you... then suddenly plant your feet as they’re coming forward, and shoot as they extend with a strike. Sometimes, don’t shoot the TD; blast a 1-2 instead. (The opponent will start anticipating the takedown when you stand still, and a 1-2 down the center can really blast them if they’re expecting a double).

But it’s all about creating awkward lulls in the action. Those random brief pauses. That’s where most players over-commit, and give up TDs.
It's funny you say that, because that's usually how I set them up. And, conversely I look for those lulls in action because that's when I feel the grappling attempt coming in the horizon.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
https://youtu.be/v266JmmAs2E ESFL FIGHT.

So since my ESFL fight against a really dangerous Gentle_ghost, people have been asking me how to hit the undeniable takedown I hit with Demetrious Johnson in the fight, along with prerequisites that are needed to hit them.

According to the GPD to get the animation:

Character must have a 90+ TD Offense Attribute.

The move they hit must be them coming FORWARD. Nothing PLANTED.

Has to be executed with the REGULAR Double Leg, not the Double Leg High.

And with regards to the patch that buffed takedowns, a reminder that: If your opponent is moving AWAY the single leg is easier, if they are coming FORWARD, the double is easier. If you sway two strikes, for example the infamous Jab Uppercut Hook, you can get an Auto Regular TD there where the GA meter doesn't even exist.

Now I don't know if GPD threw this in there, but this is something I have found out with practicing this:

Somebody does a moving forward Head kick, you can hit the Auto TD, moving Spinning Heel Kick, you can hit the Undeniable TD OR the Tackle TD, if somebody misses a forward moving leg kick, Tackle TD, if it lands to the OUTSIDE of the lead leg, AUTOMATIC UNDENIABLE TD Double to Half Guard, for fighters with a 90+ TD Rating. Moving Forward Overhands, time a Double correctly, automatic TD with a 90+ TD Rating.

Heck, if somebody hits a SUPERMAN PUNCH and you block and time it accordingly, you can hit the UNDENIABLE TD THERE AS WELL!

If the wonderful johnmangala can show me how to do some gifs, or even post a few onto here, that would be greatly appreciated.

As for the single leg counters, they will not work if you try to predeny with them like a regular sprawl. They will only work, IF YOUR OPPONENT IS ON THE LEG, so keep that in mind, and they work BEST on guys trying to do the Single/Double Leg HIGH.

Hence the term, COUNTER. Like in Wrestling, I'm not going to hit the counter preemptively otherwise I give up position early, my opponent has to be on my leg in order to hit the counters. Depending on your character, you can either use L2-R2 and UP for Double Unders, L2-R2 Left-Right with the right characters, (Edgar, Aldo for example) puts your opponent in SIDE Control. And the one you have to watch out for is the Single Leg Guillotine Counter (L2-R2 Down) and the Kimura Double Leg Counter. (L2-R2 Down) Be aware if you fail these, you get put in a weak position that your opponent can take advantage of.

The main thing is to HOLD rather than flick, flicking does not work with the counters.

I'll be doing a tutorial on how to hit these soon, but I just wanted to get these little details out there for everybody to take a look at.

From AeroZeppelin:
You can hit a diving low single/ankle pick on an opponent stiff-arm retreating within TD range.

And you can land an Auto-TD whilst both fighters are planted if you use headmovement to avoid a heavy shot like an Overhand or Hook (tested as Blaydes vs Hunt)

For example, if you sway a stationary overhand you can immediately time and auto-double off the sway. You have to be quick and I recall it occasionally and randomly not giving me the instant TD.

Basically, as to my understanding, you can time auto TDs on advancing strikes, and you can use sways to get them on planted strikes.

With the planted strikes however, I'm positive you need a slight stamina advantage, and the bigger than Advantage gets. The easier your insta-TD.

Oh. And finally, you'll always get an instant TD on a taunting opponent (I dunno if you even need the 90 TD off here)
Just wanna add, if someone whiffs a rear leg kick (possibly lead aswell, I know with rear) if you shoot right after the whiff its an undeniable TD to back side, as if you interrupted a spin kick
Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #31
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
Just wanna add, if someone whiffs a rear leg kick (possibly lead aswell, I know with rear) if you shoot right after the whiff its an undeniable TD to back side, as if you interrupted a spin kick
That's one of the tackle TDs I referred to, with the forward moving leg kick. Rear definitely works better.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 08-20-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #32
MVP

Has anyone ever stuffed a kick catch takedown?

I swear I did the other day.
I had some wrestler AI catch my kick, and I saw the TD so I instinctively sprawled not expecting anything and it stuffed it.

It played an animation I'd never seen before that looked kinda like a stuff/escape and we returned to striking.

But I've never heard of it being a feature,
And it sounds counterintuitive to kick catch TDs.

So I'm thinking it was a visual glitch maybe?
I don't think I saved the video because I'm an idiot, but ill upload/update if I did.

But yeah? Has anyone else ever either stuffed a kick catch TD, or had a kick catch TD bug out and keep you both on the feet??

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »