Home

How do we deal with trash players in ranked...

This is a discussion on How do we deal with trash players in ranked... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2018, 11:44 AM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: How do we deal with trash players in ranked...

My favorite dudes to watch are the guys who throw out rapid-fire 1-2's like they're on speed or something. They're usually hitting nothing but air, but with a guy like McGregor, one of those can eventually drop you. A lot about the way people play this game literally makes me laugh out loud during these matches, but it's whatever.

I'm of Haz's mindset. I just like my matches to resemble the type of fighting I enjoy watching in real life. I'll just eat L's if that's what it has to be at times. Oh well.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
Why are you playing an MMA game if you could care less about MMA?
That's a ridiculous conclusion you have there. You don't know if someone cares about MMA by the way they play.

1) It's not a 100% accurate representation of a real fight so unrealistic scenarios and tactics are inevitable.

2) You assume people are able to fight differently. Which I don't think is true in the majority of cases.

3) Your opponent dictates what tactics you should use. If your opponent isn't able to deal with a specific tactic, as a competitor you're almost obligated to exploit that weakness. That's what fighting is all about.

That said, the best players I've ever fought weren't spammers or one trick pony's but people with insanely good footwork, timing and the ability to pick out patterns. They can cheese, but once you've showed you know how to deal with it, they're also able to pick you apart intelligently.

If you can't deal with it, you'll just get blitzed and spammed and you'll deserve every second of it.

It happens in real life as well.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
My favorite dudes to watch are the guys who throw out rapid-fire 1-2's like they're on speed or something. They're usually hitting nothing but air, but with a guy like McGregor, one of those can eventually drop you. A lot about the way people play this game literally makes me laugh out loud during these matches, but it's whatever.

I'm of Haz's mindset. I just like my matches to resemble the type of fighting I enjoy watching in real life. I'll just eat L's if that's what it has to be at times. Oh well.
I adopted a different mentality to it. I certainly want as sim of an MMA game as possible and I'm more willing to play like it in quick match, for example there is no benefit in doing a ducking uppercut with Mendes, but I will. In Ranked, I look at it the way I look at fighting in real life, the goal is to defeat your opponent using the tools you have. "BJJ" at one point was considered cheesy, dishonorable way to win, but we adopted to the reality and now its a core component.

In the game world, there are certain realities of what works and doesn't, and we have to adapt, that's what it means to be a fighter. The goal should be to push towards a simulation of what real MMA looks like (in my opinion), but the former point stands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I adopted a different mentality to it. I certainly want as sim of an MMA game as possible and I'm more willing to play like it in quick match, for example there is no benefit in doing a ducking uppercut with Mendes, but I will. In Ranked, I look at it the way I look at fighting in real life, the goal is to defeat your opponent using the tools you have. "BJJ" at one point was considered cheesy, dishonorable way to win, but we adopted to the reality and now its a core component.

In the game world, there are certain realities of what works and doesn't, and we have to adapt, that's what it means to be a fighter. The goal should be to push towards a simulation of what real MMA looks like (in my opinion), but the former point stands.
Well said sir. I have the exact same mentality
Old 09-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #37
Rookie

What do you guys consider to be cheesy in this game?
Old 09-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #38
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
That's a ridiculous conclusion you have there. You don't know if someone cares about MMA by the way they play.

1) It's not a 100% accurate representation of a real fight so unrealistic scenarios and tactics are inevitable.

2) You assume people are able to fight differently. Which I don't think is true in the majority of cases.

3) Your opponent dictates what tactics you should use. If your opponent isn't able to deal with a specific tactic, as a competitor you're almost obligated to exploit that weakness. That's what fighting is all about.

That said, the best players I've ever fought weren't spammers or one trick pony's but people with insanely good footwork, timing and the ability to pick out patterns. They can cheese, but once you've showed you know how to deal with it, they're also able to pick you apart intelligently.

If you can't deal with it, you'll just get blitzed and spammed and you'll deserve every second of it.

It happens in real life as well.
I couldnt disagree any more strongly.

If your doing corn dog stuff like throwing 140 strikes a round. Mashing out machine gun 1-2s. Doing stuff like pumping out 10 jabs to break a block then throwing spin kicks. Etc etc. You know what kind of stuff im talking about. Stuff you would literally NEVER see in a real fight. I simply have zero respect for you.

Im not saying any of these tactics are OP or unbeatable. I have no horse in that race. Im only saying it has no place in the sport of MMA that I know and love.

I kind of understand if youre a pure 'gamer', playing ranked, looking to game the game at any cost to win no matter what. I just dont personally see the enjoyment in that.

Why not just play Mortal Kombat, or Tekken, or Street Fighter, or Soul Caliber, or any other fighter where you can mash out combos with no regard to the sport the game is trying to emulate? Why play an MMA game if your only chasing a "W".

I don't get it I guess. Theres other fighters that are actually made for that play style. Why not just play those if thats what youre into?

Like I said, im just wired differently I guess. Cuz Ill NEVER play like that...
No matter what. Its not happening. Like, sure I can hop on quick fight and mash out block breakers with the worst of em, but I get literally zero enjoyment out of it.

I fully respect you and your opinions, but I strongly disagree.

Last edited by Haz_____; 09-06-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
I couldnt disagree any more strongly.

If your doing corn dog stuff like throwing 140 strikes a round. Mashing out machine gun 1-2s. Doing stuff like pumping out 10 jabs to break a block then throwing spin kicks. Etc etc. You know what kind of stuff im talking about. Stuff you would literally NEVER see in a real fight. I simply have zero respect for you.

Im not saying any of these tactics are OP or unbeatable. I have no horse in that race. Im only saying it has no place in the sport of MMA that I know and love.

I kind of understand if youre a pure 'gamer', playing ranked, looking to game the game at any cost to win no matter what. I just dont personally see the enjoyment in that.

Why not just play Mortal Kombat, or Tekken, or Street Fighter, or Soul Caliber, or any other fighter where you can mash out combos with no regard to the sport the game is trying to emulate? Why play an MMA game if your only chasing a "W".

I don't get it I guess. Theres other fighters that are actually made for that play style. Why not just play those if thats what youre into?

Like I said, im just wired differently I guess. Cuz Ill NEVER play like that...
No matter what. Its not happening. Like, sure I can hop on quick fight and mash out block breakers with the worst of em, but I get literally zero enjoyment out of it.

I fully respect you and your opinions, but I strongly disagree.

And that is my whole point here...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:

You don't get it is right. I play this game because I am a huge MMA fan. Not because I like fighter games like Tekken etc. Haven't been into one of those since Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. It's been the only sport I've followed since I first rented UFC 1 on VHS at the whatever mom and pop rental company had it at the time. That being said, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but I refuse to jump on this self handicapping MMA SIM high horse, and would be more than happy to jab jab overhand you over and over and over in this video game until you do something about it.

Last edited by Evil97; 09-07-2018 at 12:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »