Home

I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

This is a discussion on I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
it can work vice versa because if someone that is spamming gets a hit stun on you first, then you are gonna be in a constant state of defence. literally right in your face fishing combos.
Well until you stun them back. I have gotten good at timing flying knees when i am stunned and the guy is coming in. It literally turns the table.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
You do realize that less hit stun will result in MORE spam right? And to avoid getting hit you would need superhuman timing... Right?

With this damage system and vulnerability system, it would result in the sort of mess you would absolutely be disgusted by.

You think the game has too many rocks now.... Reduce hit stuns and see what happens.

Its a no from me boss. Big no.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'd like to see some tuning on it but certainly not removed. It would be nice if when you land a big body kick as someone is throwing an overhand for example, if the kick lands first the stun system could reduce the power of the incoming overhand as the persons body would tense up from eating the body kick. A little less stun on single strikes would be good as we have a lot of the situations where one person is just slightly hesitating between strikes and freezing you in place.

Also, it would be nice if in UFC 4, the stuns were always accompanied by subtle animations. many times now it looks like you are just standing there unable to do anything. Looks bad, feels cumbersome at times. It has made for a very strange meta currently.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
MVP

And I’m seeing a bunch of people ask for features that are already in the game. If you exchange strikes with someone at the same time, the one who lands first does full damage while the other is reduced.

You also do far less damage when hit with something late in the arc of the strike or when not at the best range.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
Honestly it ruins the flow of the game whether you're on the offensive or defensive. It really feels like a handicap that freezes your opponent in place so you can get free strikes on them. I understand that a well timed strike should cause a hit stun/stumble animation but on EVERY exchange though? The gameplay feels so stop and go. Removing the constant hit stun would also absolutely stop the players who hook spam with A-Ranked fighters. ALLOW FLUIDITY.

Its actual kinda sad that most post on this forum are so off based. Stuns allow punishes, punishes are a good thing they define the meta of the exchanges. The fluidity you seek is the ability to not be punished, and the hook spam would be far worse because nothing you do would stun them and stop them from hooking. Your seeing it in every exchange because your being crush countered trying to throw something slower than the hook, take the first hook then defend crisis averted. If anything the stuns work backwards in this game then they would in any fighting game or irl, but that’s and entirely different can of worms.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextupNico
If anything the stuns work backwards in this game then they would in any fighting game or irl, but that’s and entirely different can of worms.
What do you mean, I don't follow?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #14
MVP

Trillz's Arena

We still can have the stun meter maybe but we need different type of stuns not including the death stun from ea ufc 1.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #15
Rookie

imagine no hit stuns then remember the spinning headkicks from ufc 2 before they were fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
And I’m seeing a bunch of people ask for features that are already in the game. If you exchange strikes with someone at the same time, the one who lands first does full damage while the other is reduced.

You also do far less damage when hit with something late in the arc of the strike or when not at the best range.

Didn’t realize that getting hit late in the arc is reduced dmg. What about early in the arc? Imo that seems to be a much bigger issue

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »