Home

I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

This is a discussion on I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

You can't get hit with something early. How is it an issue if it's not a thing? The earliest you can get hit by something is the maximum amount of damage it can do. You can't catch a jab while it's next to the chin.

You can be hit by something at its earliest point where the range is off (reducing the damage you take), like taking a spinning kick but getting hit with the calf like I had mentioned before.

The only outlier is the uppercut when going for takedowns where sometimes you get hit when it's at the hip. Any stand up exchange strikes will not do this.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 09-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
You can't get hit with something early. How is it an issue if it's not a thing? The earliest you can get hit by something is the maximum amount of damage it can do. You can't catch a jab while it's next to the chin.

You can be hit by something at its earliest point where the range is off (reducing the damage you take), like taking a spinning kick but getting hit with the calf like I had mentioned before.

The only outlier is the uppercut when going for takedowns where sometimes you get hit when it's at the hip. Any stand up exchange strikes will not do this.
You can get hit by a jab or straight before it extends. You can 100% get hit by a kick before it extends. You can get hit by an uppercut to the body or any body **** before it’s extension. It’s called smothering the strike
Old 09-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
You can get hit by a jab or straight before it extends. You can 100% get hit by a kick before it extends. You can get hit by an uppercut to the body or any body **** before it’s extension. It’s called smothering the strike
That's not getting hit early, that's improper range. Which I have now mentioned multiple times.

If you throw a jab a clinch range, you still get the "full" extension for that animation. And yes, it absolutely does less damage. Think of them as two completely different punches, because they are in game. If you close the distance while they are jabbing, it won't get stuffed and switch to the close range jab animation, you will just get skewered and stopped by the jab.

You can't get hit with a body kick before it extends. You can be in the wrong range (or right range if you're the one getting hit) and end up getting hit with the thigh, but that thigh hits you at the same time as the foot or the shin would have. You just weren't at that particular range.

I'm not entirely sure you're not being purposefully obtuse as these strikes obviously do less damage. Not just on the damage bars, but how your fighter reacts and the sound/vibration it makes when it lands are all universal gaming indicators of "this didn't do significant damage".
Old 09-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
What do you mean, I don't follow?

In most fighting games stuns usually stop pretty much movement and slow defense much longer but when defense is successful it reversing the advantages hd returns to neutral. Like in tekken you whiff or get block punished that gives the defense and chance for a full combo but if you roll the bound attempt the attacker completely loses the position and full stuns block or hit that player is completely frozen and opened up for a full combo. Stuns here opening you up to one strike at best so that’s why I’m confused about the complaint. And if that follow up lands you can immediately block and disengage, personally I don’t full disengage I try to stay close enough to return fire but even then the other player can disengage to avoid the safely in most cases and avoid most of the punish.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
That's not getting hit early, that's improper range. Which I have now mentioned multiple times.

If you throw a jab a clinch range, you still get the "full" extension for that animation. And yes, it absolutely does less damage. Think of them as two completely different punches, because they are in game. If you close the distance while they are jabbing, it won't get stuffed and switch to the close range jab animation, you will just get skewered and stopped by the jab.

You can't get hit with a body kick before it extends. You can be in the wrong range (or right range if you're the one getting hit) and end up getting hit with the thigh, but that thigh hits you at the same time as the foot or the shin would have. You just weren't at that particular range.

I'm not entirely sure you're not being purposefully obtuse as these strikes obviously do less damage. Not just on the damage bars, but how your fighter reacts and the sound/vibration it makes when it lands are all universal gaming indicators of "this didn't do significant damage".
Yes, this is semantics. Not in proper range and getting hit before or after extension are the same thing.

No, I was really asking because in game it doesn’t seem like those strikes do less damage. I feel like I have gotten a few KOs on straights in close. I have definitely had some body ricks with kicks that landed too soon or in too close
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #22
MVP

They do less damage, not no damage. You can still get rocks and KOs with those strikes.

You can easily go into practice mode and take a look at the damage bars.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
Banned

lol there’s not enough imo
Old 09-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Yes, this is semantics. Not in proper range and getting hit before or after extension are the same thing.

No, I was really asking because in game it doesn’t seem like those strikes do less damage. I feel like I have gotten a few KOs on straights in close. I have definitely had some body ricks with kicks that landed too soon or in too close
Yea this is a dude acting likes he’s a top 100 player but is obviously not by all his comments. You don’t even have a grasp on mechanics... you need to do learner threads not what you’ve been making.

I’ve given you multiple helpers in past threads but I’m honestly done. I read a majority of your comments and it’s now time to write you off. You can’t be helped. At this point you have to be a troll who doesn’t want to invest time in game mechanics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »