Home

I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

This is a discussion on I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly it ruins the flow of the game whether you're on the offensive or defensive. It really feels like a handicap that freezes your opponent in place so you can get free strikes on them. I understand that a well timed strike should cause a hit stun/stumble animation but on EVERY exchange though? The gameplay feels so stop and go. Removing the constant hit stun would also absolutely stop the players who hook spam with A-Ranked fighters. ALLOW FLUIDITY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: I think we can all agree that the constant hit stun ruins this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
Honestly it ruins the flow of the game whether you're on the offensive or defensive. It really feels like a handicap that freezes your opponent in place so you can get free strikes on them. I understand that a well timed strike should cause a hit stun/stumble animation but on EVERY exchange though? The gameplay feels so stop and go. Removing the constant hit stun would also absolutely stop the players who hook spam with A-Ranked fighters. ALLOW FLUIDITY.

No
Нет
Nein

There is some exchange in the game, depending on SP difference

Hit stuns from SP is the most important and appreciated feature after “fluidity” of EA IFC 1-2

The only what is needed is a TUNING BALANCING between/across all strikes in their frame data and SP - this is a long process b/c is based on long testing and community feedback.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
Yes!!! Even more annoying is the complete lack of consistency
Old 09-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #4
Banned

I don’t have a problem with the amount of hit stubs but the why it happens. Every uppercut shouldn’t be a auto stun. Meanwhile you can eat headkicks. There should also be reduced vulnerability if you are hit with a strike that isn’t fully extended are reached the apex of its arc
Old 09-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

You do realize that less hit stun will result in MORE spam right? And to avoid getting hit you would need superhuman timing... Right?

With this damage system and vulnerability system, it would result in the sort of mess you would absolutely be disgusted by.

You think the game has too many rocks now.... Reduce hit stuns and see what happens.

Its a no from me boss. Big no.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
MVP

Yeah, I don’t think this is something anyone who knows anything about the game would agree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
You do realize that less hit stun will result in MORE spam right? And to avoid getting hit you would need superhuman timing... Right?

With this damage system and vulnerability system, it would result in the sort of mess you would absolutely be disgusted by.

You think the game has too many rocks now.... Reduce hit stuns and see what happens.

Its a no from me boss. Big no.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
it can work vice versa because if someone that is spamming gets a hit stun on you first, then you are gonna be in a constant state of defence. literally right in your face fishing combos.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
MVP

Except you cannot spam effectively in this game anymore. Recognize was number one on the leaderboards from only spamming and forward pressure. He had to change his entire style up because that kind of gameplay doesn’t work at the highest levels.

This is a total non-issue.

I don’t ever get “constantly” hit stun even against the best players. The only way that would happen is if you are timing big strikes or forward moving strikes horribly. You usually don’t get stunned while doing a stationary boxing combo unless the other person catches you with an uppercut first.

And those stationary combos should be everyone’s main weapon of choice at close range. If you are a longer range fighter, you aren’t in range to get hit stun unless you mistime a strike.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »