Home

People are struggling post patch

This is a discussion on People are struggling post patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #9
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: People are struggling post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
It seems like the average Loss rate has increased greatly.
The average loss rate is holding steady at 50%.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
It’s all because bums cry on twitter to Geoff for a k1 game. The moment they get clinched and their lack of skill is exposed they demand a nerf. The window was the same. I had plenty of people deny it if i didn’t set it up zabits takedown is more op than the clinch attempt. What was the reasoning for changing it? Strikers need to learn defensive grappling. This isn’t mortal kombat. This isn’t street fighter. This is mma. The grapplers are the ones who’ve been told git gud whole every patch they are handed aim assist like features to help them. “Td spam” has been nerfed to the point takedowns look nothing like a real mma game. Gsp literally spammed takedowns and was the greatest of all time. People think they can just come forward and be on the inside with a grappler with no fear of being grabbed up. The players who complain about grappling never even spend five minutes learning to deny anything but r1 and up and down. That is the extent of their grappling game. Mean while high level players go into practice mode analyze every momentum transition, the details of every animation, and were punished for know If what we’re doing. There’s no fairness between striking and grappling. The only time ou have even the slightest chance of a takedown is if they throw a kick or you chop their legs up. The undeniable takedowns are too strict
there are some methods for takedowns, ive taken lessons from papadoc and my td game has skyrocketed. the problem is the close range not being a big deal. staying in clinch range of a grapple is the best strategy for beaitng them
Old 09-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Well I've always gotten my butt kicked at this game, but the new patch was really helpful. It was especially helpful before they nerfed the brand new clinch. I really don't understand it, why give the game such an awesome tool then weaken it. It wasn't op. I probably have the worst record of any player and I was able to deny that clinch, unless my opponent snuck it in there well.

Because I like getting my money's worth, I use the random feature because I like to experience all of the fighters. Especially C and B grapplers. The small time that new clinch was active, I was able to use lower ranked grapplers and actually do well with them. The clinch was an extra tool to use against pressure. Then one day I log on, and guess what-- the clinch is completely useless again.

Now lower rated grapplers are ineffective again. That one single change made the game a lot less fun to play for a lot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The average loss rate is holding steady at 50%.
Isn’t that always going to be the case
Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

I stopped playing (Mirraco136) after the latest tuner that 'broke' the 'in-between' grappling (tds and clinches). Half of the time I sway instead of shooting the other half no matter how great I set up a shot I fail. I was 42-1 pre-tuner that nerfed and broke tds/clinchs three days after I was 62-11. Before you say my 42-1 'was a fluke' or 'good match ups' I was 52-2 season 3 (you can check international) and was 260-40 season two. I played ufc 2 the majority of its cycle and consistently had a 95% win ratio for months.

Moral of the story, you cannot currently pick a khabib or maia to beat a top level GSP or Conor you will not get a td and will get obliterated if you try to stand. For me to win I have to pick strikers and strike, and I prefer to have the option to grapple.

Before someone says your a 'grapple spammer' 'learn to strike' just know you don't get over 90% win ratios consistently by being one-dimensional, chances are I can consistently beat over 96% of the player base standing that's not the issue the issue is grappling and the constant possibility of being smushed on the ground. As well as the 'options' available due to this aspect it is what makes MMA interesting, and hence ufc games fun for close to their whole game cycle.

Geoff you and your team obviously made the changes for a reason and I am sure I know far less than you (behind the scenes) but I preordered the game to play three days early (for $50 NZ) I love the franchise and think ufc 3 is easily the best in the series. (I play it very close to every day, just not on ranked anymore) However, I would appreciate if you would re-consider the harshness of the nerf, please.

Thank you
Old 09-12-2018, 01:45 AM   #14
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Isn’t that always going to be the case
He was making a joke.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #15
Rookie

As someone who loves grappling and was my main defence/attack on UFC 2 - up until maybe Div 6 or 7, I would get away with clinching someone and holding them there until I end the fight.

This obviously shouldn't be possible. I was able to effectively clinch up and potentially KO within a minute of fighting and I done this consistently to get up Divisions.

I assume they're trying to stop that from happening, which is fair enough (I get frustrated being forced to stand sometimes, despite me setting everything up right)

I suspect it's about balancing grappling and stand up but I can't help but feel we've gone to far in the other direction now to where grappling is pretty useless.

I feel like the clinch breaks kinda prove this too. I find most clinch breaks are in the first round (maybe I'm wrong). Despite me perhaps landing big knees - basically the fight hasn't stagnated, yet the ref breaks the clinch. When then fight stagnates on the ground, it seems to take much longer for the ref to stand you up, possibly because it's harder to KO someone from ground than it is the Thai Clinch.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #16
Rookie

100% agree Grim, although I never get separated or stood up in the clinch or on the ground. But I have seen it in martials videos I think you should get another 7 seconds to make it so it's not absurdly fast like rn. Irl MMA standups rarely occur save the crazy early ones with the last T-wood fight.

But yes ufc 2 you could comfortably destroy 40% of the player base if you knew anything about the clinch lol obviously irl this number would be far lower even for a plum master.

But still rn I could only finish 10% (generous) of players with the clinch and I think because it is a game you should have to learn how to clinch at least enough to survive. Works like this irl to Mike Perry is a great example of a great clinch fighter DC as well and Darren Till occasionally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »