Home

Thiago Santos

This is a discussion on Thiago Santos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thiago Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We've done stats for Santos already (they need to be updated because they were done a while ago). If anything, we underrated him.

Wont really get into the "hype" discussion. I've seen Costa argument that he should have lower stats but I havent seen anyone use his actual fights to support that argument. Its usually a "fighter X has a lower rating than Costa in this area and I disagree" argument.
Isnt that a fair argument if the stats are all relative to the others in the division?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Isnt that a fair argument if the stats are all relative to the others in the division?
Not if you havent watched Costa's fights. For example, Costa's power. Now I dont get into 1 or 2 point arguments. He is a 95 according to the chart. Could an argument be made that he should be a 93-94? Sure. But I recall seeing people argue that his power should be in the low 90s (90-91).

Now Costa has KO'd every fighter he's faced except 1. His 4-0 with 4 KOs in the UFC. Now if you put him at 91, he has less power than current day Machida, GSP, Weidman and Anderson Silva. Now based on current day, I'd find it hard to argue that those four are currently more powerful than Costa.

With that said, I'm not here to debate his stats. I just think its ridiculous to say that the stats are based on "hype" for DLC.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Not if you havent watched Costa's fights. For example, Costa's power. Now I dont get into 1 or 2 point arguments. He is a 95 according to the chart. Could an argument be made that he should be a 93-94? Sure. But I recall seeing people argue that his power should be in the low 90s (90-91).

Now Costa has KO'd every fighter he's faced except 1. His 4-0 with 4 KOs in the UFC. Now if you put him at 91, he has less power than current day Machida, GSP, Weidman and Anderson Silva. Now based on current day, I'd find it hard to argue that those four are currently more powerful than Costa.

With that said, I'm not here to debate his stats. I just think its ridiculous to say that the stats are based on "hype" for DLC.
Not that this is any "real" argument or anything but every time Costa hits even the opponent's block I think of how you don't want to be in there with him at all. It's so hard man.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Not that this is any "real" argument or anything but every time Costa hits even the opponent's block I think of how you don't want to be in there with him at all. It's so hard man.
It is hard because alot of it is perception. I feel the same way about Costa. The same way about someone like Ngannou or Mark Hunt.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
It is hard because alot of it is perception. I feel the same way about Costa. The same way about someone like Ngannou or Mark Hunt.
No, in this case I meant that he hits so hard. You obviously recognise the power when someone is put to sleep with a single shot, but I'm talking about merely blocked strikes here. Damn, I can feel them through the screen.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 12-12-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
We've done stats for Santos already (they need to be updated because they were done a while ago). If anything, we underrated him.

Wont really get into the "hype" discussion. I've seen Costa argument that he should have lower stats but I havent seen anyone use his actual fights to support that argument. Its usually a "fighter X has a lower rating than Costa in this area and I disagree" argument.
I actually agree with Costas stats now after the Uriah fight. I didn't before that though. I was just kind of saying I doubt yall would over rate Thiago especially since there is not any hype behind him.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #31
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
Not that I'm amped to have him in there (compared with wish list fighters like Santos or Smith) but I could have swore I saw a Lobov model when they did the reveal. Not just stats, I swear i saw an actual visual representation of him.

Or maybe the digital version of the GOAT visited me in my dreams....
I think his picture's on the wall in the TUF arena.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2019, 09:26 PM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Soooooo

How many dudes does Santos have to starch before he gets in the game?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »