Home

Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

This is a discussion on Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Two sides of the coin. On the realism side, complaints that catch kick is too easy. That's why we made the timing window on catch kick smaller in the last patch.

That had the knock on effect of making body kick spam at high level play too prominent, which was already a problem.

This is an attempt to address that problem without raising the frequency of catch kick which would piss off the realism folks again.
I understand the predicament you are in. As you can tell I’m firmly on the ‘realism’ side of the coin.

My idea would be to have the catch only performable on a very tight timing window like the parries of UFC2 and to counter this increase the block strength on body kicks (zero damage dealt out) the blocked body kicks already have a decent counter window but maybe increase that slightly AND increase the stamina tax on standard blocked body kicks.

This way we don’t get every other kick being caught (THE biggest problem with this game - IMO of course) but those who do ‘spam’ body kicks will be getting lit up with counter punches AND will have an extra stamina tax.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
Banned

I see where you're coming from GPD,kinda hard to appease to one side without triggering the other. Damned if you do damned if you dont
Old 09-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Two sides of the coin. On the realism side, complaints that catch kick is too easy. That's why we made the timing window on catch kick smaller in the last patch.

That had the knock on effect of making body kick spam at high level play too prominent, which was already a problem.

This is an attempt to address that problem without raising the frequency of catch kick which would piss off the realism folks again.
Chief I rarely ever block a catch kick. What I’ve noticed is either it hits me or I catch it, there’s rarely an in between (block). Shouldn’t the catch be rare and devestating rather that something that’s common? Especially since it’s about to become more deadly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:

I really hope the input for catching and checking kicks
becomes harder like the old parry input or something.

Otherwise allow the over/under clinch to be a deterrent for the puncher's paradise we are currently in. It should be more balanced like in reality.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #13
MVP

Why not just make the kick catch a seperate input from the low block?

So you can either block the kick or take the risk/reward of trying to catch it.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #14
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Why are they increasing damage off catch kicks again after patching it so it wouldn't be so crazy? Who asked for this back? Catch kick is already too easy and there's a severe lack of defending the offense from a catch kick already. I don't get this esp since it was patched already.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd
still waiting

Ragdoll

KO physics, not ragdoll! And they probably aren’t ever going to be improved with this game. GPD is too busy trying to balance realism with gameplay, and taking flack from either side every time he makes a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #16
Banned

im sorry but this"buff to grappling" is like all previous to them. on the surface were sold more control while silently its taken away. theres a new striking system i get that but it overshadows the ground by leaps and bounds. why is it so hard to take all the features fans loved in ud3 to implement? weve made it clear. we dont like this system aesthetically or funcionally. it should not be overshadowed by a game twice its age on outdated hardware. it even had true rhythm manipulation and offered multiple control schemes the fanbase dies more everyday because we arent listened to. gotta swallow that pride and learn from the greatest game currently made. you dont scrap all the features the fans love you use them and add more. no matter what anyone tells you ud3s ground was better because it had deep immersion and every aspect of mma was incorporated. why does it always take competition(2k) for ea to improve their games. i say all this with the most respect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »