Home

Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

This is a discussion on Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #33
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
What frustrates me about the whole thing and what I've been arguing is that blocking it grants a very very generous counter window.... You can land a free hook from blocking it.

Actual kick blocks is what should be getting buffed and what we should see happen mostly and again... Its not a free "blocked" kick. A hook can be landed. That's huge... But something I rarely see anyone even do.

I completely disagree with the buff to the catch counter... I'll always disagree with it. I feel a penalty this great would only make sense if catching kicks wasn't as easy as simply holding block. Let's not forget the Takedown mix-up.

Anyways.... We'll just have to adjust. That's what that means.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
You don't think there should be block damage when a strike is blocked?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The reasons the devs dont listen to you is because of statements like the ones above. The game isnt dying. The online numbers are on par with what theyve been seeing this entire time and this weekend with the patch and the fight, the numbers will likely explode (happens with every major fight).

Also you are flat out lying. I have been open since day 1 that much didnt change about grappling. So has the entire team. My comments about the game have always been striking focused because thats where most of the attention is given.

You wanna know why you pretty much get ignored? Its statements like that.
its the truth i havent seen more than 2000 people on this week this isnt just my opinion but the majority opinion. you carefully avoided the strong facts i presented by deflecting back to me with strawmen logical fallacies i respect you and your opinions its just sad that your not on the same page as everyone else.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
its the truth i havent seen more than 2000 people on this week this isnt just my opinion but the majority opinion. you carefully avoided the strong facts i presented by deflecting back to me with strawmen logical fallacies i respect you and your opinions its just sad that your not on the same page as everyone else.
I'm on PS4 and I saw 7000 people online last Tuesday night. That doesnt include the people who play the game offline regularly like me. You have no data that supports that the game is "dying".

Majority opinion of who? The 50 people who post here regularly?

What strong facts? Honestly, I just explained to you why your opinion doesnt seem to carry much weight and why your ideas dont seem to resonate . Most of your "strong facts" are just jumbled ideas and references to things UD3 did that you want in UFC. You then use hyperbole to attempt to elevate your ideas.

I havent directly addressed you because i have in the past and all you do is just move the goalposts when someone counters your argument but I have addressed your "strong" ideas when presented by other people (in clearer ways). ****, WarMMA and I just had a very civil discussion about the things UFC 3 has that should be added and the way the team should move forward with grappling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm shocked no one is talking about these spoilers:

Opponent now gains Grapple Advantage when you lose strike tracking and they create an angle on you using footwork #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

Updated the stamina tax on standing takedown and clinch denials to scale with Grapple Advantage, making well setup grapple attempts cost less stamina.

Clinch attempts chain faster off successful ducks and slips to the back leg

Takedown and clinch attempts now chain faster off lunges

Removed grapple advantage penalty for holding high block after a successful
high block.

Made clinch attempt denial windows scale with grapple advantage
Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #37
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:

Opponent now gains Grapple Advantage when you lose strike tracking and they create an angle on you using footwork #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

Updated the stamina tax on standing takedown and clinch denials to scale with Grapple Advantage, making well setup grapple attempts cost less stamina.

high block.

Turns out grapplers only want to complain. I took away that ability so now they're quiet.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:

high block.

they dont matter when the grappling system lacks so much immersion and when SUB fighters get easy getups vs momentum. we have to gut the entire system in ufc 4 people are upset that there isnt even one new position that isnt ftf in the game and the ground besides lack of responsiveness is the same as ufc 2 its not just me being ignored but the entire community. we dont like this grappling system and are ready for something else a solid answer with no pivots as to why we cant have NEW positions in a NEW game would be nice. we just want ud3s system with the bugs fixed why is that so hard to do? why is ud3s vast superiority in grappling flat out ignored and why was the community flat out lied to that it had returned to ud3s roots? we need answers from someone. not damage control statements. I LOVE THIS GAME ! but i despise the direction its headed. were worn out on the words of false hope we just want to see wwere asking for
Old 10-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #39
Pro

GPD, without revealing the fighter specific patch spoilers, can you drop any clues?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #40
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I kinda have to agree. the grappling changes are buffs to denial windows, frames, and speed. It almost (almost) feels like things that could be done with a tuner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »