Home

Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

This is a discussion on Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Patch spoilers... I call them game spoilers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I kinda have to agree. the grappling changes are buffs to denial windows, frames, and speed. It almost (almost) feels like things that could be done with a tuner.

What really do you expect this late post launch? Implement a bunch of new stuff and be on the hook for damage control. At this point anything introduced will be risk adverse while they work to balance the game as best they can. You can tell by the low traffic here that they’re close to moving on to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #42
MVP

"The rest of the #patchspoilers involve a specific new fighter, and I'm not allowed to reveal any new fighters."
Old 10-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
they dont matter when the grappling system lacks so much immersion and when SUB fighters get easy getups vs momentum. we have to gut the entire system in ufc 4 people are upset that there isnt even one new position that isnt ftf in the game and the ground besides lack of responsiveness is the same as ufc 2 its not just me being ignored but the entire community. we dont like this grappling system and are ready for something else a solid answer with no pivots as to why we cant have NEW positions in a NEW game would be nice. we just want ud3s system with the bugs fixed why is that so hard to do? why is ud3s vast superiority in grappling flat out ignored and why was the community flat out lied to that it had returned to ud3s roots? we need answers from someone. not damage control statements. I LOVE THIS GAME ! but i despise the direction its headed. were worn out on the words of false hope we just want to see wwere asking for
I'll address you.

- Please find a single post/video/tweet where someone claimed that UFC 3's grappling was going to be like UD3. I'll wait. For the sake of argument, lets say Martial made a whole video about how the game's grappling was exactly like UD3's. Did that video make you run out and buy the game. No? Then why does it ****ing matter. LOL.

- Not everyone agrees with you that UD3's system was superior. In fact, all of the GCs disagree with you. In my opinion, UD3's system had more positions but was way more simplistic. If you added the new positions and ground head movement to UFC 3's system, UD3's grappling system wouldnt even be in the conversation.

- Who is this "community" you speak of? Is it the people that post on OS? Are there thousands of people that we arent aware of that support your position? Also is that they way decisions should be made about the game?

****, MMAGame has a poll where hundreds of people said they wanted to eliminate stats from ranked. I did a similar poll and the large majority were against it but it was like 40 people. Should the devs listen to Game's poll? ****, hundreds more people voted for that change. I guess GPD should just follow whatever poll has the most people and let that guide gameplay decisions.

- Finally, the game has been out for 8 mos. You seriously think that gutting and replacing the entire grappling system is feasible at this point? Really?

Let that **** go. It aint happening. We maybe have 1 or 2 patches left. Start coming with suggestions that are feasible for a game near the end of its development cycle or start focusing on suggestions for 4.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I kinda have to agree. the grappling changes are buffs to denial windows, frames, and speed. It almost (almost) feels like things that could be done with a tuner.
No offense MacGowan but god damn what do yall want? If it couldve been done with a tuner, the devs wouldve done it with a tuner. These are some significant buffs to grappling (which people as recent as a few days ago were speculating wasnt going to happen). People should be happy as hell about this.

In fact, they've been done in a smart way where if you set up your takedowns either through striking or movement, you will be able to get takedowns easier.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Turns out grapplers only want to complain. I took away that ability so now they're quiet.
I have my complaints ready to go. But I have faith in y’all so Im waiting for the deep dive.

I love the fact that you increased stamina for bottom positions(I hope this applies to the cage as well)

I hate the added side vulnerability for clinch attempts.

I love that neutral clinch attempts are faster now.

I love the pre-deny animation.

Hate that we dont have TD feints

I hope lateral moving strikes power/speed become tied to a fighter’s footwork rating. Most fighter generally strike stationary or moving forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #46
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
What really do you expect this late post launch? Implement a bunch of new stuff and be on the hook for damage control. At this point anything introduced will be risk adverse while they work to balance the game as best they can. You can tell by the low traffic here that they’re close to moving on to the next.
I believe they're very much interested in adding and fixing things with this game. the post launch patched have been amazing, and don't tell GPD that I said this, but the lunges and footwork are a absolutely fantastic add to the game and i love them.

I expect them to keep the current grappling mechanics, but hopefully bring that flare and easy accessibility, along with more options for us to be creative.

edit: for UFC4 that is
edit 2: god damn the world ended while i was writing this

Last edited by MacGowan; 10-01-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Turns out grapplers only want to complain. I took away that ability so now they're quiet.
Let's just wait and see how it looks pal. We had a workable clinch after last patch but that was taken away for about 3 weeks, so nothing is ever promised with the patches.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
If I'm being honest, I kind of don't know what any of this means. But I'm not a huge gameplay guy which might be why some of the terminology is hard for me to grasp.

It usually makes more sense once the YouTube videos come out, but visual aides are always helpful for people like me in terms of understanding.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »