Home

So can we go back to basics with Ultimate Team now?

This is a discussion on So can we go back to basics with Ultimate Team now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question So can we go back to basics with Ultimate Team now?

So since this year was a let down in that department and have seen countless threads stating the same thing, can we get rid of roster fighters and go back to how Ultimate Team used to be? Created Caf's only.... since we have roster fighters in EVERY other mode....

Can we go back to our fundamentals? Back to focusing on unique things to plug into your caf, unique entrances, taunts, and movelists that are not based on roster fighters?

Dont need to see 1 billion Conor's in the game, thats not what makes MUT unique and fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: So can we go back to basics with Ultimate Team now?

I was probably playing UT 60/40 compared to Ranked in UFC 2, now it's 5/95. Why do I need to capture a CAF card to play as a CAF now? And it's been nearly impossible to get them! I have pretty much abandoned the mode with only 3 cafs and two of them are LW anyway. That's the only way I play, I don't want roster skins at all, so I've basically given up on it.

It was a terrible idea to not only add the roster skins but also make it so hard to get a CAF. You'd think having your own CAF would be the focus of this mode still, but nope, apparently not. It was a HUGE misstep that took away what was actual unique about the mode.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Agreed. I've even seen a bunch of people playing ufc2 UT lately because they'd rather play that UT.

I have a 4 star CAF i got from one of the summer camp things or something, i've barely played with it. I got a 'balanced' fighter, and i just found i was only adding high level versions of basic moves; jab, cross, upper etc. With so few slots to add moves he still just feels so stripped down and so lacking.

That really kills it for me more than anything else. I have no reason to keep grinding away. UFC 2 i was still perfecting my moveset, always picking fights in the live events trying to get the moves of the night. I haven't played UT in months now.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
Rookie

jdeckelmansr's Arena

Hopefully, in UFC 4, we get UFC 2's UT with the added offline mode. CAF's only. Get rid of everything else. We don't need 3-4 variations of the same fighter. Let get back to the basic fundamentals. Create your CAF, set up moves, get cards/packs to upgrade your moves and fight. They should not have tried to recreate wheel...just balance it.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah it should be a simple fix, it seems like we all liked UT in UFC2. We all like CAF only, and I liked how at first you could have TONS of moves but as you got higher level you had to be strategic with their placement since you could total 252 stars instead of few fixed move slots.

Copy, paste ufc 2 UT and i'd be happy honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Agreed. Played about 10 minutes of UT in 3. Had a lot of fun with it in 2.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 AM   #7
Rookie

The one thing that I think is better with this iteration of Ultimate Team is how we don’t have any maxed out fighters. I hated how in UFC 2 UT you could end up facing guys with a 100 overall that had zero weaknesses. For all the issues I have with UFC 3 UT, I am at least happy that no fighter really feels super OP or as if they have no weaknesses at all. I would argue that strikers certainly have a huge and unfair advantage over grapplers though.

But yeah, give us the UFC 2 UT. CAFs only, but put some limits on the stats depending on fight style.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Yeah I never really understood the concept of adding roster fighter skins and thought it was lame that someone could for instance get a Conor skin and make him into an uber-wrestler like Khabib. I did voice that to the devs also.

I think the devs were trying to bleed in some concepts from other traditional sports games' UT modes (Madden etc), but fighting is a very singular and unique thing, so I think the attempt fell flat.

I used to play some UT in UFC2 thanks to the hilarity of the CAFs, but yeah, I never play it now.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 11-08-2018 at 08:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »