Home

How do you guys play offline?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play offline? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys play offline?

Man the one time I tried to fight online was so nervous I couldn't do anything .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #18
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So is it impossible to edit the results of a fight? Because I think thats all we need to do. We can edit the database to store past results.
No . I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb and I can't find any way outside of manually changing the program file. There are however numerous ways you can edit OTHER things in the editor whiles in-game. My hunch is that this block is so you can't bug up everything by changing results that other parts of the ongoing game need to pull from.

Here's what you CAN use it for though:
- You could always type your results into the editor to have a more visual spreadsheet. boot up the game and have a look at your universe. what goes where. who's looking good. you just can't save the game.
- You can set up your UFC3 events and simulate up to the fight night to see who would be injured or miss weight (I recommend training Injuries/random injures/legal issues all on HIGH as the game is pretty stingy on these)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Dude what's your Twitter handle
haha!
I was thinking about making an ongoing realtime Dynasty thread about my current game, but asides from some FIFA threads that board seems pretty dead.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
No . I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb and I can't find any way outside of manually changing the program file. There are however numerous ways you can edit OTHER things in the editor whiles in-game. My hunch is that this block is so you can't bug up everything by changing results that other parts of the ongoing game need to pull from.

- You could always type your results into the editor to have a more visual spreadsheet. boot up the game and have a look at your universe. what goes where. who's looking good. you just can't save the game.
- You can set up your UFC3 events and simulate up to the fight night to see who would be injured or miss weight (I recommend training Injuries/random injures/legal issues all on HIGH as the game is pretty stingy on these)

haha!
I was thinking about making an ongoing realtime Dynasty thread about my current game, but asides from some FIFA threads that board seems pretty dead.
Still try you never know ...haven't played FIFA in a bit heard it's at an all time arcade high right now ping pong at it's best . TV's broken tho been meaning to get a new one .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #20
Pro

With all of the changes to the game, what are you guys doing slider wise? With the new hangers I’m re starting a Universe mode and was looking for slider suggestions to get the most realistic matches possible.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

So I bought it....it was 20 bucks yesterday so its a steal. I think im going to use it for what you mentioned above. Thank you so much for your real world mod. I spent all night whittling it down to the fighters that have been in the universe and now im in the process of adding their records and fight history. This piece will likely take me weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Update:

I'm so mad that I havent used WMMA before a few weeks ago. Its an amazing companion to UFC3. A couple of thoughts:

- I know....it sucks that we have to buy an additional game in order to have a franchise/universe experience. With that said, on its own this game is incredibly fun. For anyone who likes the whole running an MMA promotion experience, this is as perfect as it gets. Being a supplement to UFC 3 is a bonus.

- The biggest issue is that you cant control/manage the results within the game. That means you cant really use the game's automated rankings system within the game. There are work arounds (which I'll explain later) but that issue makes it so that you cant just set up your league within WMMA and run everything through there.

- Its time consuming to add past events. I'm in the process of doing it but it will take me months to input all of the past fights.

- The other downside is that the workarounds are a bit complicated. With that said, the benefits are great. Having fighters drop out for injuries or because of drug tests. Having fighters refuse to fight other fighters for multiple reasons. It makes matchmaking alot more different and a hell of alot more fun.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #23
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Update:

I'm so mad that I havent used WMMA before a few weeks ago. Its an amazing companion to UFC3. A couple of thoughts:

- I know....it sucks that we have to buy an additional game in order to have a franchise/universe experience. With that said, on its own this game is incredibly fun. For anyone who likes the whole running an MMA promotion experience, this is as perfect as it gets. Being a supplement to UFC 3 is a bonus.

- The biggest issue is that you cant control/manage the results within the game. That means you cant really use the game's automated rankings system within the game. There are work arounds (which I'll explain later) but that issue makes it so that you cant just set up your league within WMMA and run everything through there.

- Its time consuming to add past events. I'm in the process of doing it but it will take me months to input all of the past fights.

- The other downside is that the workarounds are a bit complicated. With that said, the benefits are great. Having fighters drop out for injuries or because of drug tests. Having fighters refuse to fight other fighters for multiple reasons. It makes matchmaking alot more different and a hell of alot more fun.
Very curious to hear your workarounds.

I just finishing up my database that only includes the fighters in UFC 3.

I can't wait to get started...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Very curious to hear your workarounds.

I just finishing up my database that only includes the fighters in UFC 3.

I can't wait to get started...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Its a bit hard to explain so let me know if you have any qeustions.

The key is to only use the database for record keeping, changing the rankings (I use the rankings scoring system the game uses with some tweaks to change the rankings) and keeping track of injuries/suspensions.

I'll walk you through what I did for my last card.

- I set the database date to a month out from the date of the card so that I dont have to have people on a short camp when I schedule a card..

- I started a new game and added the card. I set my email settings to interrupt the sim anytime an injury occurs and set the injury settings to high. I then simmed the month which was interrupted several times because of injuries. I had to replace on fight and remove another one because it happened a week before the event and no one was available. I then simmed the card.

- I then fought the card in UFC 3 and inputed each of the fights and the results into the data under "pre game results". After each fight, I'd go into "characters" and change each fighters "ranking" rating based on the game's ranking scoring system (let me know if you want me to break that down for you).

- Finally, I go back into the game save and see who is medically suspended. I take that info and add it to the "pre-game incidents" section of the database.

The game save is purely for generating injuries/drug suspensions/challenging match making. The database is for everything else. If you want to see your current rankings, just create a second game with the updated database.

So as you can see...its complicated. But once you get the hang of it, its adds depth to a universe. For example, I had a few matches already set for the card. One was Tai Tauvusa vs. Ben Rothwell. Tai refused to fight Ben (he said it was too much of a step up) so I had to scramble and find someone else available.

I had Cain in a fight that he won. Before WMMA, I would just put him in another fight 3 mos later. Not now, the game told me that Cain needed to recuperate for 6 mos so I cant use him until the summer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »