Home

How do you guys play offline?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play offline? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys play offline?

i only play offline and man.. all i really want is a Title Mode and Title Defense Mode like in Undisputed 3.

i put so much time into title mode on UD3, going through it with every fighter on the roster.

all i really do on UFC 3 is single player UT and it gets so boring.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:35 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ahhh...but you are arguing 2 different things. This is your earlier statement:

"We absolutely want it and they are wrong."

Your analogy doesnt fit that statement unless the "we" you are referring to is "hardcore gamers on OS". The reason that it doesnt fit is because as you said...most people havent had "chocolate". You can believe that because chocolate taste great that people will love it. That is a legitimate belief but you cant say for sure that its going to be a hit.

Jazz (one of the devs) posted here almost 2 years ago about this. Their data (surveys, testing etc.) shows that people want improvements to career mode. Their goal with UFC 3 was to make career mode better. Its arguable if they achieved that goal or not but they followed what the data told them and worked toward that goal. Their data likely makes them concerned about whether people want a universe mode.

As we all know, the dev team has a limited amount of time and resources. So they have to make a real decision about what modes they are going to focus their time on during development. They could either:

1) Focus 100% on career mode and try again to make it better.
2) Split the focus and add on to career mode and give us a bare bones Universe.
3) Focus 100% on universe mode and hope that everyone (not just the folks here) love this mode.

I'd rather them try #2. If Universe is a success in 4, build on that and blow it out for 5.
I just hope "make it better" isn't another gimmicky script. Apart from that, I'd be fine with 2), if that's the absolute best we can hope for. But... I'm not sure what "add on" to career mode would mean, I think that should be rebuilt from the ground up.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:28 AM   #51
Rookie

Hey All,

I'm currently working an an advanced spreadsheet that can be used for a universe mode and I have questions about your Excel knowledge.

I'm one of many on this forum who wish for some sort of universe/franchise/GM mode or even an expanded career mode with the basic features of these modes in an official UFC game.

I've played around with spreadsheets circulating the forum and I decided to make it my side project to create an advanced spreadsheet that incorporates elements of a universe/franchise/GM mode for you all.

Of course, it's only an Excel spreadsheet so the assets are limited, but I'm curious about this groups knowledge of Excel.

The spreadsheet I'm currently working on is based off of the base stats from the most recent Universe spreadsheet that's been circulating the forum (roughly updated in March).

The goal is to make a spreadsheet that will allow you to manage rosters, economy, events, injuries, and various other universe/franchise/GM mode type features.

The goal is to create a tool that replaces the other outdated spreadsheets and games like WMMA (which I'm a huge fan of, but it's limited in it's use with the UFC games).

To help me in making it as user friendly as possible, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

How would you describe your level of experience using Excel? Do you know how to filter tables? Do you know how to navigate the pages/sheets? Do you know that a cell containing a formula shouldn't be replaced with other values?

In addition, do you know how to input lines of data? For example, enter names of fighters in a table or change values in a table (e.g. changing a weight class or inputting a number to reflect a current win streak).

I'd like to include as many instructions and help boxes as possible to avoid the errors possible from a lack of Excel understanding; however, I'm not sure how in depth I need to be with help text.

My job requires me to frequently create Excel spreadsheets/databases and analyze data using the application. With that being said, I've already greatly improved the current tool. For me, this is a great way to improve my Excel skills and add a fun tool to the EA UFC offline community.

Currently, I'm in the beginning stages and it'll probably be another 2 weeks before I'm done.

If you'd like a sample of the project or would like more details about what I've added, please let me know and I'll let you know/send you what I have.

Thanks for taking the time to read this really long post and I hope we get some universe/franchise/GM mode features in the next game!

Thanks,
Stephan D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Spoils.of.Babylo
Hey All,

I'm currently working an an advanced spreadsheet that can be used for a universe mode and I have questions about your Excel knowledge.

I'm one of many on this forum who wish for some sort of universe/franchise/GM mode or even an expanded career mode with the basic features of these modes in an official UFC game.

I've played around with spreadsheets circulating the forum and I decided to make it my side project to create an advanced spreadsheet that incorporates elements of a universe/franchise/GM mode for you all.

Of course, it's only an Excel spreadsheet so the assets are limited, but I'm curious about this groups knowledge of Excel.

The spreadsheet I'm currently working on is based off of the base stats from the most recent Universe spreadsheet that's been circulating the forum (roughly updated in March).

The goal is to make a spreadsheet that will allow you to manage rosters, economy, events, injuries, and various other universe/franchise/GM mode type features.

The goal is to create a tool that replaces the other outdated spreadsheets and games like WMMA (which I'm a huge fan of, but it's limited in it's use with the UFC games).

To help me in making it as user friendly as possible, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

How would you describe your level of experience using Excel? Do you know how to filter tables? Do you know how to navigate the pages/sheets? Do you know that a cell containing a formula shouldn't be replaced with other values?

In addition, do you know how to input lines of data? For example, enter names of fighters in a table or change values in a table (e.g. changing a weight class or inputting a number to reflect a current win streak).

I'd like to include as many instructions and help boxes as possible to avoid the errors possible from a lack of Excel understanding; however, I'm not sure how in depth I need to be with help text.

My job requires me to frequently create Excel spreadsheets/databases and analyze data using the application. With that being said, I've already greatly improved the current tool. For me, this is a great way to improve my Excel skills and add a fun tool to the EA UFC offline community.

Currently, I'm in the beginning stages and it'll probably be another 2 weeks before I'm done.

If you'd like a sample of the project or would like more details about what I've added, please let me know and I'll let you know/send you what I have.

Thanks for taking the time to read this really long post and I hope we get some universe/franchise/GM mode features in the next game!

Thanks,
Stephan D.
I love this idea thank you sir. For me personally my excel knowledge is I would say a little above average. But I’m a quick learner. I would love to see what you have and would be interested in what you’ve come up with so far
Old 12-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #53
Rookie

The spreadsheet is still very bare but here are some pics of where I'm at.

1.PNG

This is where all the main roster data will be housed. There are a lot of complicated formulas I'm working on to calculate things like morale and popularity. Also, I realize the weight classes are wrong. I only included one weight class while I figured out the formula so this was on purpose.

4.PNG

This page is my notes for the different formulas and lists I'm using. These notes are more for myself, but it will give you an idea of the vision.

2.PNG

This is the events page that generates all of the metrics from events.

6.PNG

Again, I inputted a bunch of formulas that determine the success, income, and quality of the events.

5.PNG

These are the pages that will be visible when I'm done. The dashboard page is going be the main HUB that will show you how much money you have made from all of your events, your monthly expenses, a high level overview of rankings, roster, and fight booking.

Right now I'm in the early stages of getting the formulas to all work and be balanced. Then I'm going to finish compiling the roster data and finally complete the dashboard when everything else is done.

Let me know if you have any feedback.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:38 PM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Spoils.of.Babylo
Hey All,

Thanks,
Stephan D.
Stephan,

As someone who has around 200 events to enter into my WMMA database to make it fully functional....thank you for trying to do this.

To answer your questions, I'm a bit of a novice at excel. I can do the basics but when it comes down to formulas, I'm a bit clueless. I do know that you shouldnt replace a formula in a cell with other values.

Here is what I'm looking for in a perfect world chart:

- Something that can randomly generate injuries.

- A chart that can automatically update rankings. (This is the biggest frustration for me. I want to take the work out of me having to rerank fighters after every card and would love if there was a way for it to be automated).

- It needs to be relatively easy to add fighters. For example, my universe still has fighters like Benson Henderson in it. So I cant be forced to only be able to use roster fighters.

Other than that basic stat tracking (W/L/D/KO) is all I really need.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
Try this guys.

Play on pro, change the stamina sliders up 2 for both the cpu and player, put the transition sliders down 2 for both the cpu and the player.......Turn the clock to real time.......................

Here is the big one

Turn on simple subs and crank the sub sliders all the way up for both the cpu and player......You can avtually watch the subs and they are based off stamina, less button mashing and the subs play out in more real time like they wpuld in a real fight......Trust me try this and you will love it!
You are the ****ing man. This singlehandedly saved simple subs for me. I couldnt find the right settings and was finding it to easy to sub the cpu and for the cpu to sub me.

I made some small adjustments (CPU full meter -2) but I'm getting a great mix of subs and failed sub attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 03:33 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Personally I usually start an open weight 16-man tournament with random fighters and just pick a fighter I want to be every round. Its good casual fun.
If I do this, am I able to check the stats/perks of the fighter I want to use in each fight? I want to be able to do that for fighters I'm not familiar with but it doesn't seem to be possible. Weird

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »