Home

How do you guys play offline?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play offline? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys play offline?

I am pretty good at spreadsheets. Can you attach what you have. Would love to see the formulas. I might be able to help you. I have a pretty robust system myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Spoils.of.Babylo
I'm one of many on this forum who wish for some sort of universe/franchise/GM mode or even an expanded career mode with the basic features of these modes in an official UFC game.

This would be great obviously. EA FIFA has a career mode, both as a manager or as a player. Why not here?

Honestly I spend a lot of time in the training/practice mode and just fool around. Career will be either all-in (a whole week of just that) or not at all until a new playthrough, but it's just boring after 2 runs. Then there's the offline challenges at UT that I try, and the occasional UT offline match.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:27 AM   #67
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If you want, I'll post the point system when I get home. The in game WMMA system takes two things into consideration:

Is it a close matchup and how did the person win.

So lets say Jon Jones beats Pat Cummins by a close decision, he will get around 5 points for the win and Pat will lose about 6. That will result in neither person really losing any ground in the rankings (I have at least 20 points between each place on the rankings so that people arent jumping 5-6 spots just because the got a finish).

Lets say Cummins KOs Jones, he will get 100 or more points because he was a huge underdog and he finished him.

I've made a few changes to the amount thats given in each category but its on par with what the game uses.

If you could post the points system that would be great. This already helped me a ton though, thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 AM   #68
Rookie

I made a spreadsheet/kind of database on Excel a few months ago that does some of the things talked about in here.
It simulates injuries and a calendar as well as letting you control the matchups etc.

First I created a universe with only CAF's as I wanted to have more control over how injuries affected stats etc but found it was more fun using the actual roster with a few CAF's added in.

This means that you have a lot less control on how injuries affect things but I found a way that works I think.

It is only for the WW division at the moment as it is more of a test than anything but it works pretty well.

I have screenshots of a Word document that explains it in more detail. The actual document was too big to attach as it exceeds the 500kb limit.

It is very much a work in progress but a lot of it is automated as I wanted to minimise the manual entry stuff and use Excel's tools as much as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (43.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png 2.PNG (172.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: png 3.PNG (198.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: png 4.PNG (117.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png 5.PNG (128.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-03-2019, 07:24 AM   #69
Rookie

There are also a couple of things that I worked on that aren't complete yet such as a fighter generator for CAF's based on template styles that cap certain attributes but apply randomness when generating each attribute within those parameters.

I also worked on a fighter negotiation simulator based on rankings, last results, position on card etc with a little randomness built in bugt this isn't finished yet as I would like to add renegotiation stuff in there to sweeten the deal etc.

The screens for these are also attached.

I hope all this makes some kind of sense by the way...?
And hopefully might be useful to somebody on here too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (55.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (33.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #70
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Really impressive stuff you got going on there! Wish I had the time and patience to do something like this.

I mean if people can get universes like this running in spreadsheets, EA surely can't let us hanging for a 4th installment without a Universe.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
If you could post the points system that would be great. This already helped me a ton though, thanks!
Here you go. As you can probably tell, positive numbers for the winners and negative for the losers. Also, you should look at the odds for each fight in WMMA to see who is favored and who isnt.

Competitive bout favorite wins (Ranked in top 10): 45 (clean finish), 30.(decisive win/decision), 20 (close, controversial or lucky win), -25, -40., -50

Non Competitive Bout favorite wins (Top 10 over unranked or both outside of top 10) 25, 15, 8, -4, -20, -30

Small underdog wins – 60, 50, 40, -45, -55, -70

Huge underdog – 80, 70, 60, -65, -80, -95
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl1
There are also a couple of things that I worked on that aren't complete yet such as a fighter generator for CAF's based on template styles that cap certain attributes but apply randomness when generating each attribute within those parameters.

I also worked on a fighter negotiation simulator based on rankings, last results, position on card etc with a little randomness built in bugt this isn't finished yet as I would like to add renegotiation stuff in there to sweeten the deal etc.

The screens for these are also attached.

I hope all this makes some kind of sense by the way...?
And hopefully might be useful to somebody on here too...
Could you post your Xcel file on Mediafire or Google Drive. You could also email it to me and I'll post it (I'll send my email though Dm). I would love to fool around with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »