Home

EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread

Random thought I have every time it happens: You shouldn't be able to wear champion shorts online unless the fighter you're using is currently the champion of that weight division.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:56 AM   #194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Random thought I have every time it happens: You shouldn't be able to wear champion shorts online unless the fighter you're using is currently the champion of that weight division.
I'll respectfully disagree on that one. You can wear the champion shorts online because there's a Contender to Champion system in place. You can't wear the champ shorts in Ranked unless you're the champion. I quite like this system and I believe there's lots room for improvement — for example you can get certain bonuses for winning the belt and then for each consecutive title defence. Dunno what these may be since the game has no incentive/reward system other than Ranking points, but Ranking points could do with a bit of a boost as a reward too.

As for champ shorts in Quick Fight — I don't mind them at all. Titles change hands constantly and while I do understand why you would want such exclusivity, I also feel it's unnecessary. There's plenty of former champions in the UFC who have worn them and I may want to recreate certain fights or experiences. I also may want to envision someone who's yet to become champion as one. Things like that.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #195
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
This is my complaint with the pressure fighting. It seems like so many tactics in game are found nowhere in real MMA fights:

1) Driving Takedown: This happens occasionally... but certainly not from the the center of the GD cage.

2.) Sticking like glue: When? How? Who? This almost never happens in an mma fight

3.) Volume of strikes: Just show me a 5 round GSP fight where he threw 300 stikes... Okay... cant find one? Show me a fight where he threw 200. YOU WONT FIND IT!!! THE MOST HE THREW WAS AGAINST JOHN FITCH (131) http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-d...06c1d34da9c013

I am so sick of this high output BS. Guys just stick to you and throw 2 or strike combos like it is nothing.

So the most GSP threw in a 5 round fight is 131 strikes..... Your average fight in UFC 3 has people throwing that type of volume in just 1 round... 1 accelerated clock round.

The accelerated clock makes a 5 minute round only 3 minutes. That means in just 3 minutes, players are throwing an entire 25 minutes worth of strikes...

How do people not see the absurdity in that?

That is objectively insane, and beyond unrealistic output.

Like, I'm sorry, but that's objectively just spam, and gaming the game. It's absurd that you can even throw that type of volume in the game, let alone the fact that the game actually encourages and rewards you for throwing at just an insanely unbelievable unreal pace.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #196
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Like, I'm sorry, but that's objectively just spam, and gaming the game.
Chill with the exaggerations. I also wouldn't mind a reduced strike volume as long as it rewards efficient volume.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #197
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Chill with the exaggerations. I also wouldn't mind a reduced strike volume as long as it rewards efficient volume.

I'm not a math guy so this could be off, but let's see. 25 minutes worth of strikes in 3 minutes. 3 goes into 25 8 times.

So the game's striking output is 800% more than in real life.

How is that an exaggeration?

Old 08-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #198
Pro

Quote:
I'm not a math guy so this could be off, but let's see. 25 minutes worth of strikes in 3 minutes. 3 goes into 25 8 times.

So the game's striking output is 800% more than in real life.

How is that an exaggeration?
I specifically quoted the part about "objective spam". It's an excessive volume but it's not spam.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #199
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I specifically quoted the part about "objective spam". It's an excessive volume but it's not spam.
Throwing a 5 round fight's, 25 full minutes worth of strikes in just 3 minutes is spam.

Objectively absurd volume when compared to reality.

Sorry, not sorry.

An average Basketball game has what like 50-100 points per game? I don't watch Basketball, but I think those numbers are about right? Does NBA2k have games where teams are scoring 400-800 points? Because that's the same ratio we have here in UFC 3.

It's completely and totally insane.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #200
MVP

Quote:
Throwing a 5 round fight's, 25 full minutes worth of strikes in just 3 minutes is spam.

Objectively absurd volume when compared to reality.

Sorry, not sorry.

An average Basketball game has what like 50-100 points per game? I don't watch Basketball, but I think those numbers are about right? Does NBA2k have games where teams are scoring 400-800 points? Because that's the same ratio we have here in UFC 3.

It's completely and totally insane.
It is, but it's not spam. Spam is continuously using a certain tool at your disposal, i.e. an overhand, over and over again. Throwing a lot alone is not spam...you could be spamming a combo, though, granted.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 08-25-2019 at 02:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »