Home

Live Tuner Set - Jan 7, 2019

This is a discussion on Live Tuner Set - Jan 7, 2019 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Live Tuner Set - Jan 7, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When it comes to most of the stats (especially the stats that we feel we've gotten right), the fighter has to show improvement in those areas during the fight to get a bump.

With Stamina, the feeling is that many were too low across the board at release. So we have been adjusting those categories that we think are too low, when those fighters fight even if the last fight doesnt show that a bump is necessary. For example, Clay Guida lost his last fight in the first round but we buffed his stamina by 3 in each category because he was underrated at release. We've done similar buffs consistently over the last 7 mos or so.
Тhat makes sense. With Jones in particular I'm wondering if he actually needs more buffs in these areas. Anyway, I thought I noticed faster stationary oblique kicks from him, but then again I wished they were faster so this could have been confirmation bias - there are actually no striking speed buffs for him right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Тhat makes sense. With Jones in particular I'm wondering if he actually needs more buffs in these areas. Anyway, I thought I noticed faster stationary oblique kicks from him, but then again I wished they were faster so this could have been confirmation bias - there are actually no striking speed buffs for him right?
As far as I know, no. With that said, I just suggest changes so there is always a chance a change was made without me knowing.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
As far as I know, no. With that said, I just suggest changes so there is always a chance a change was made without me knowing.
Well GPD announced these changes so I doubt anything is being withheld.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #28
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
GPD, you did a great job on post release supporting the game, but do you have a plans to fix Strike Feints? - they are almost useless and SUICIDAL, b/c of issues:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-how-fix.html

ISSUE #1 - Feint has not any effect on follow up strikes attributes: no speed or damage multipliers.

ISSUE #2 (which are breaking feints usage) - Feint ST Stamina cost = this Strike ST Stamina cost w/o whiff.
> Make permanent ONE FOR ALL types of Feints (strike types) low (as Jab) Stamina tax
OR remove Stamina tax for Feints at all.
Even if you will need to instantly return removed on input stamina value
OR make 3 levels on draining ST Stamina from a strike: 1st until it can be cancelled (into a Feint), 2nd to strike ends, 3rd of strike results (whiffed, blocked, landed).

[FIXED 1.09] ISSUE #3 (discussed before) - Feints are counting as Strikes.

ISSUE #4 [added 08.01.2019]
BUG with FEINT STRIKE in GA cost: During mid strike opponent is getting GA (you get GDA). Strike Feints creates the SAME GDA (grapple disadvantage) as Full amplitude and full to the end motion strike. This is WRONG! It must to be FIXED! Feint strike (for ex Leg kick) must cost a bit of GA loosing.
> Remove granting GA to the opponent from my Feints totally OR make it much less (at least 1/3 from mid full strike GA).

ISSUE #5 [added 09.01.2019]
TD feint does NOT allow to queue it into follow up Strike (large delay) or any Lunges - so no ability to use it as a bait!
> Allow to buffer/queue TD feint into strikes or lunges.
SUGATA, when was the last time you played UFC 3? If you jab feint, hell, feint anything before doing a second strike, the second strike comes out faster.

Feints are no longer in the strike total as well.

The REAL bug, is that if you feint a jab, and your opponent does a slip straight, the game treats it as if you threw the jab and you eat the counter bonus strike. (As in you eat stopping power)

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 01-09-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
SUGATA, when was the last time you played UFC 3? If you jab feint, hell, feint anything before doing a second strike, the second strike comes out faster.

Feints are no longer in the strike total as well.

The REAL bug, is that if you feint a jab, and your opponent does a slip straight, the game treats it as if you threw the jab and you eat the counter bonus strike.

Nah bro, they’re SUICIDAL. If you even think about feinting, GPD comes into your house and roundhouse kicks you in the head.

Feints also open up strike options for fighters with lower core move levels. I use the Straight Feint in order to activate the Lead Body Kick on fighters who don’t have the actual Straight - LBK combo.

Leg Kick feints of many kinds can be used from range to keep your opponent on edge and open up entries with next to no opportunity to be countered.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #30
Rookie

I'm having trouble feinting the lead leg kick. It either cancels so fast you barely see a frame of animation, or doesn't cancel at all. Anyone else have that? I loved using it to setup strikes or distract.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I'm having trouble feinting the lead leg kick. It either cancels so fast you barely see a frame of animation, or doesn't cancel at all. Anyone else have that? I loved using it to setup strikes or distract.
I've noticed this to! Kinda sucks cuz I liked it too and it seems twice as hard to strike cancel now and I'm whiffing alot on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #32
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Yeah you can't feint that going forward, and you can't feint axe kicks either lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »