Home

Address input lag in ufc 4

This is a discussion on Address input lag in ufc 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Address input lag in ufc 4

Queue a combo as fast as you can. Youll notice it will play out long after youve input it. The playback system of telling it what to play needs to be addressed. It makes complex feinted combos a nightmare to input. I have more success slowly inputting my commands. We cant say it doesnt exist. It clearly does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Address input lag in ufc 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Queue a combo as fast as you can. Youll notice it will play out long after youve input it. The playback system of telling it what to play needs to be addressed. It makes complex feinted combos a nightmare to input. I have more success slowly inputting my commands. We cant say it doesnt exist. It clearly does.
That's not input lag. You're talking about the input buffer.

I also don't understand what exactly your issue with it is?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
Rookie

I had this quick back and forth with GPD near the release of the game. I was saying the same thing about input feeling laggy. I was also mentioning the dropped inputs, which i still get sometimes...

He said that the game DOESN't allow you to spam strikes without dropping input (indicating this must be why I'm getting dropped inputs) Similar to ufc2. I also was complaining about the way combos seemed to store forever, and even after holding block sometimes they would come out anyways instead of cancel. I had a few times i was sure I got extra strikes in combos. (5 hook combo for example) maybe due to packet loss?

BUT as you stated, you can queue up a combo very fast and watch it play out. In UFC2 this wasn't possible. You had to time your button presses well, and better timing meant the combos came out cleaner. There wasn't giant queue.

It felt contradictory. The game can't both drop input queues because I'm 'spamming' it too fast (I"m not) and queue up gigantic combos that come out 3-4 seconds after input also because I'm spamming. I've had matches with a tiny bit of lag that, sometimes you input a head kick and nothing happens, so you move forward, then the kick comes out. How does that even happen?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
This is a real thing.

Yesterday, I was playing a Mike Perry and I threw a single jab... nothing. Blocked a strike, the boom... jab came out.

I mean, this was at least a three second delay. I understand how the striking works (although I strongly disagree with this hard-combo MKX style of striking), I do not spam strikes and I use combos that are in my fighters set.

I would really like to hear the devs specifically address this once they ramp up the UFC 4 PR effort.

This and servers/connection issues.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
This is a real thing.

Yesterday, I was playing a Mike Perry and I threw a single jab... nothing. Blocked a strike, the boom... jab came out.

I mean, this was at least a three second delay. I understand how the striking works (although I strongly disagree with this hard-combo MKX style of striking), I do not spam strikes and I use combos that are in my fighters set.

I would really like to hear the devs specifically address this once they ramp up the UFC 4 PR effort.

This and servers/connection issues.
Exactly. Happens frequently on certain matchups. Have you had an issue with strikes canceling without an R2 input? i've had several of those recently. I went out of my way in one match to simply take my fingers off the shoulders unless i needed to block, still had a couple strikes cancel without an R2 input. I think dedicated servers is the only way this nonsense gets solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 AM   #6
Banned

In UFC1/2/3 you only have 50% control of your fighter, other 50% is handled by idiotysics
combo interruption in odd circumstance, lower guard fail to register 50% of time, head movement isn't timing dependent but pre-calculated, ground game is a circus show especially when you ended up with a guy with massive laggy connection from 3rd world country.

Sorry, but UFC3 and the team behind it is beyond salvation after they fail to realize their problem after UFC1/2/3 and millions of worthless patches(targeted vs AI people)
Old 01-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Exactly. Happens frequently on certain matchups. Have you had an issue with strikes canceling without an R2 input? i've had several of those recently. I went out of my way in one match to simply take my fingers off the shoulders unless i needed to block, still had a couple strikes cancel without an R2 input. I think dedicated servers is the only way this nonsense gets solved.
I've had a weird, slightly different issue a lot, and I can't work out if it's just because I'm new to the game and don't have timings down well enough.

Basically, when I come off R2 for the block to lead (say) with a straight, it'll initiate a rear hook elbow. And that's really irritating, because it uses a fair chunk of stamina, usually whiffs at the range I'm throwing a straight from, and I'm near certain I've completely come off the block input before throwing the strike.

It could just be that I'm bad at timing, as it happens a lot. But I wonder if it's happening to others as well.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by janguv
I've had a weird, slightly different issue a lot, and I can't work out if it's just because I'm new to the game and don't have timings down well enough.

Basically, when I come off R2 for the block to lead (say) with a straight, it'll initiate a rear hook elbow. And that's really irritating, because it uses a fair chunk of stamina, usually whiffs at the range I'm throwing a straight from, and I'm near certain I've completely come off the block input before throwing the strike.

It could just be that I'm bad at timing, as it happens a lot. But I wonder if it's happening to others as well.
Yeah that happens as well. Its as though R2 sticks after you let go. If you don't have a strike assigned to R2, i think its responsible for some of the dropped inputs people experience. I've also had issues where strikes cancel (like i'm pressing R2) without pressing it. It usually happens with an R2 strike, like the knee and it just cancels even though the R2 button is completely depressed the entire time, but it also can happen with any strike period. I have 3 local friends that have asked me if i find sometimes strikes canceling without an input, so I know its not just me. 3 of the 4 of us are DIV 5, so we're decent enough to know the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »