Home

Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and Block

This is a discussion on Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and Block within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
A very very small distance, but enough where it essentially avoids straight strikes. I have no issue when it's used to avoid straight strikes as intended, what I don't enjoy are round strikes becoming useless against it, and in the case of Persian Pimp, him being able to fire off a ridiculous string of strikes off of one side step. I took him down and ended him there, but I was appalled at the Wizardry that I witnessed.

If you watch my fight against IMUHBOXER in the Ricky J. Sports Tournament, you'll see how the side steps work as intended, and where part of the issue is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Do yoy find the flick consistent enough? I know its nt on topic but I really struggle with it.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #10
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Do yoy find the flick consistent enough? I know its nt on topic but I really struggle with it.
I do it to avoid side kicks, it's pretty consistent. I just don't know how to abuse it like these other guys do, nor do I plan to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 PM   #11
Rookie

there’s like some kinda thing where guys can ‘phase’ through strikes, like they’ll be right in front of you but somehow strikes seem to go right through them

anyone know what i’m talking about? i remember that persianpimp dude doing it against me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 11:35 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
there’s like some kinda thing where guys can ‘phase’ through strikes, like they’ll be right in front of you but somehow strikes seem to go right through them

anyone know what i’m talking about? i remember that persianpimp dude doing it against me
Video it then we will believe you, it sounds like your getting side stepped.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:12 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
If you really master it you can effortlessly dodge a 1-2 . A lot of people don't use it .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #14
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

PersianPimp is a really annoying player. He abuses minor lunges more than anyone else I've played. You basically have to throw a lot of 1-off hooks in the direction you think he'll lunge or back out of range and throw body kicks, hoping he doesn't catch them.

He's able to block his head while he lunges so yeah, you're not really doing any much damage. You'll do a tiny bit of damage and some block break.

He doesn't beat me much anymore, but I do have to basically change my entire style to beat a very cheesy and unrealistic tactic (nobody in real life does little 4-inch hops nonstop to avoid straight strikes).

The bug about slip strikes doing hit stun against feints would explain a lot, and I'm surprised I didn't pick up on this myself. Good observation. I'll follow up with GPD on it.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
PersianPimp is a really annoying player. He abuses minor lunges more than anyone else I've played. You basically have to throw a lot of 1-off hooks in the direction you think he'll lunge or back out of range and throw body kicks, hoping he doesn't catch them.

He's able to block his head while he lunges so yeah, you're not really doing any much damage. You'll do a tiny bit of damage and some block break.

He doesn't beat me much anymore, but I do have to basically change my entire style to beat a very cheesy and unrealistic tactic (nobody in real life does little 4-inch hops nonstop to avoid straight strikes).

The bug about slip strikes doing hit stun against feints would explain a lot, and I'm surprised I didn't pick up on this myself. Good observation. I'll follow up with GPD on it.

Times like this I wish I was a GameChanger but it's always awesome to have you guys be active on the forums and report the rational things that need to be reported.

Persian Pimp and Ricohet90 are the worst when it comes to the side steps, Ricohet90 because of the Haptic Feedback + Utilization of Side Steps, and PersianPimp because of everything else you mentioned. How he can throw a 4-5 hit string of strikes after side stepping one strike is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #16
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Video it then we will believe you, it sounds like your getting side stepped.
https://youtu.be/vBv_RvG-gqU

For the video against Boxer. Although, I doubt Boxer even knew that it could avoid round strikes and take little to no damage, Papadoc showed him how to do the side steps to avoid straight strikes so I gave Boxer the benefit of the doubt. People who abuse it move more like PersianPimp, dummmmy and Ricohet90.

Still, you can see multiple times on how the hooks would fail, and there was even one moment where the hook went OVER his head. Damn near lost my mind.

https://youtu.be/4sSDM3H4VgA

18:37 against Dummmmy

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »