Home

Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and Block

This is a discussion on Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and Block within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football Mod 19 for Madden NFL 19 PC Interview
What Trends Will Dominate Sports Games in 2019?
Voting Now Open for the 2018 Sports Game of the Year Awards!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and Block

I decided to start this thread because of weird things that I've noticed, recorded, and mentioned multiple times, so hopefully a thread can bring it to even more attention. If Geoff Harrower could respond about the following things, this would be greatly appreciated.

Side Step Evasion: IIRC the side step lunges from side to side are supposed to avoid straight strikes, while being susceptible to hooks/rounds strikes. If you hop back, then you can avoid hooks, rounds strikes, etc.

What I've noticed, say players like Persianpimp101, Ricohet90, etc etc can step side to side and still avoid hook damage period, and have an absolutely free counter window to land devastating strikes. I ask: When will this be fixed? I do think that there is no way that the side steps should be avoiding round strikes, that is the penalty to doing so.

Side Step Counter Window: When you successfully side step, you can land at a Minimum a three hit combination or even more. Persianpimp101 does this a lot, he side steps a jab, and seemingly as if on cue he can land 3-4 hit combination from the moment you miss. I doubt this was intentional, is it possible to reduce that window to a maximum of two strikes?


Slip Counters: If you feint a strike, and somebody does an empty slip strike, you experience the stun as if they slipped a strike, even though it was feinted. I assume this is an oversight?

At first I thought I was seeing things, but after trying it in practice mode this seems to be the case.


Blocking: When you're backing away from a knee holding low block, the knee still damages your block despite making no physical contact. Same with three hit moving forward combos that don't have a pause, the third strike will still hit the block despite not making physical contact.

RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I decided to start this thread because of weird things that I've noticed, recorded, and mentioned multiple times, so hopefully a thread can bring it to even more attention. If Geoff Harrower could respond about the following things, this would be greatly appreciated.

Side Step Evasion: IIRC the side step lunges from side to side are supposed to avoid straight strikes, while being susceptible to hooks/rounds strikes. If you hop back, then you can avoid hooks, rounds strikes, etc.

What I've noticed, say players like Persianpimp101, Ricohet90, etc etc can step side to side and still avoid hook damage period, and have an absolutely free counter window to land devastating strikes. I ask: When will this be fixed? I do think that there is no way that the side steps should be avoiding round strikes, that is the penalty to doing so.

Side Step Counter Window: When you successfully side step, you can land at a Minimum a three hit combination or even more. Persianpimp101 does this a lot, he side steps a jab, and seemingly as if on cue he can land 3-4 hit combination from the moment you miss. I doubt this was intentional, is it possible to reduce that window to a maximum of two strikes?


Slip Counters: If you feint a strike, and somebody does an empty slip strike, you experience the stun as if they slipped a strike, even though it was feinted. I assume this is an oversight?

At first I thought I was seeing things, but after trying it in practice mode this seems to be the case.


Blocking: When you're backing away from a knee holding low block, the knee still damages your block despite making no physical contact. Same with three hit moving forward combos that don't have a pause, the third strike will still hit the block despite not making physical contact.
Responding to the bolded

Is it both hooks or just opposite to the way you are avoiding. For example left hook and the guy lunge to his left? If so he is literally moving the opposite way from the punch and is avoiding it correctly.

If you feint a strike are you return to block? Because if you arent your still in the same place you would be if you through the punch and the stun is justified. I think it should be based upon what you are doing.
Lauriedr1ver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer
 
GameplayDevUFC's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,697
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Responding to the bolded

Is it both hooks or just opposite to the way you are avoiding. For example left hook and the guy lunge to his left? If so he is literally moving the opposite way from the punch and is avoiding it correctly.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing on this one. I'd like to see a video of it in practice mode. The way it is supposed to work, is that a major side lunge away from the hook is supposed to avoid it, a minor lunge away from the hook should still land but do reduced damage.

I'll have to look into the other issues a bit more before responding.
GameplayDevUFC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Responding to the bolded

Is it both hooks or just opposite to the way you are avoiding. For example left hook and the guy lunge to his left? If so he is literally moving the opposite way from the punch and is avoiding it correctly.

If you feint a strike are you return to block? Because if you arent your still in the same place you would be if you through the punch and the stun is justified. I think it should be based upon what you are doing.
You can definitely major lunge into a hook and have it do no damage. I don't know how but i've done it and had it happen many times. Once I major lunged into a head kick and instead seemed to duck/slide under it?

Feinting kinda implies that you return to block as you need to push block to feint and the timing for counters is so tight that you can't really block if they "slip". However the animation is slightly different (faster) when they actually slip a strike versus an empty slip, so you can tell that the game is registering the feinted strike as though they avoided it.
HereticFighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Responding to the bolded

Is it both hooks or just opposite to the way you are avoiding. For example left hook and the guy lunge to his left? If so he is literally moving the opposite way from the punch and is avoiding it correctly.

If you feint a strike are you return to block? Because if you arent your still in the same place you would be if you through the punch and the stun is justified. I think it should be based upon what you are doing.
I'm not talking about the major lunges my friend. I'm talking about the side step Minor lunges with the left stick.

It's such a small step that whether you go away from it or into it, it should hit you. Problem is, sometimes the strike just doesn't register PERIOD. If you go away from it with that small side step, then yes I agree with lower damage, like rolling with the punch per se, but you're still going to take damage (See: Weidman vs Souza) and if you're side stepping INTO the punch you definitely should be taking damage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing on this one. I'd like to see a video of it in practice mode. The way it is supposed to work, is that a major side lunge away from the hook is supposed to avoid it, a minor lunge away from the hook should still land but do reduced damage.

I'll have to look into the other issues a bit more before responding.
I have a fight I can upload to show, once I get outta work I'll post it on here.

I also forgot to mention: When you lunge away from a body kick, 90% of the time you don't take reduced damage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:13 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I'm not talking about the major lunges my friend. I'm talking about the side step Minor lunges with the left stick.

It's such a small step that whether you go away from it or into it, it should hit you. Problem is, sometimes the strike just doesn't register PERIOD. If you go away from it with that small side step, then yes I agree with lower damage, like rolling with the punch per se, but you're still going to take damage (See: Weidman vs Souza) and if you're side stepping INTO the punch you definitely should be taking damage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Ah I see. Yeah agreed with you now. What distance does the LS lunges cover? Just wondering?
Lauriedr1ver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #8
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Questions about: Side Step Evasion/Counte Bonus, Slip Counters, Knee Range, and B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Ah I see. Yeah agreed with you now. What distance does the LS lunges cover? Just wondering?
A very very small distance, but enough where it essentially avoids straight strikes. I have no issue when it's used to avoid straight strikes as intended, what I don't enjoy are round strikes becoming useless against it, and in the case of Persian Pimp, him being able to fire off a ridiculous string of strikes off of one side step. I took him down and ended him there, but I was appalled at the Wizardry that I witnessed.

If you watch my fight against IMUHBOXER in the Ricky J. Sports Tournament, you'll see how the side steps work as intended, and where part of the issue is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Top -