Home

I suck, please help (videos inside)

This is a discussion on I suck, please help (videos inside) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I suck, please help (videos inside)

I'm probably worse than you dude ...when you have spare time go through your favorite fighters'. Sweeps , reversals and get ups these are separated into wrestling and Bjj ...you would be surprised at what you find there. Just don't do it too much because it will become predictable .

All the best.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2019, 06:25 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
At your current level, and based upon the videos you’ve shown, these are the best things I can recommend for you to improve your game.

Force yourself to purposely pass up opportunities to strike. Work on this in quick match, so it doesn’t matter if you lose. I know it doesn’t make sense at first, but just force yourself to do it. Your opponent just missed a head kick, and he’s wide open for a counter? Let him off the hook. He just threw a combo and now he’s backing up? Let him go.

I notice a lot of “not good” players have a similar, rushed tendency to jump on every perceived opening. It’s like they’re somehow obliged to maintain a certain output, and just end up getting sucked into “I’m a noob, so are you, let’s get down and dirty” contests.

Its not entirely a matter of the way you attack - but WHEN you attack. You need to learn when to go, and when NOT to go. Specifically when NOT to go. You’re not horribly sloppy, and you have a decent grasp of timing. You just need to gain an understanding that not every opening needs to be chased, not ever missed strike needs to be countered. Not every opportunity needs to be capitalized on.

So that’s my advice to you. Don’t worry about “how do I do that double kick combo with Zabit” or “what transitions have momentum?” Just gain a comfort with the game - get comfortable moving around the octagon, get a feel for distance. Learn to anticipate your opponents advances. Learn how to lunge - and use those to disrupt your opponents advances. Try to get yourself to feel content WITHOUT biting on every single exchange.

Embrace EVERY part of the game equally - kicking, punching, clinching, wrestling, ground game - and implement them all as fluidly and effectively as possible. Always have a strong emphasis on two things: stamina, and defense. The rest will come together if you’re comfortable and relaxed, but nothing’s gonna matter if you can’t defend yourself and manage stamina. Learning to use head movement, lunges, and simply walking is very important. The sooner you familiarize yourself with defensive movement, the better.

There’s a lot of tricks, and tactics to learn, but focus on the fundamentals of movement and patience first. It’s SO much easier to add things to your game once you have a solid, fundamentally sound base to build upon.

So many newer players rush their game, trying to learn and apply all these tricks and higher level tactics to their arsenal, before they ever grasp the fundamentals. Then later on, once they start advancing competitively, they’re struggling with major holes in their game from poor fundamentals that have been deeply ingrained in their brain.

If you can establish sound fundamentals, and patience, and slowly build your skills up, you could have an advantage over every player in the world who rushed through those crucial initial stages of establishing fundamentally sound instincts.
Ok so I tried to follow your tips and it's defintiely getting better, here are 2 examples of fights I won and I could have easily lost before, I'm Overeem and Rose
https://youtu.be/lRCyQ5XDMt4
https://youtu.be/AlC1HO11hkY

That doesn't mean that I'm not losing to annoying tactics anymore, see below (I'm Cerrone).
https://youtu.be/GChqNuMKWy4

That guy stuck to me like glue and I couldn't create distance to save my life nor be effective with stationary strikes...
Old 02-05-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
Ok so I tried to follow your tips and it's defintiely getting better, here are 2 examples of fights I won and I could have easily lost before, I'm Overeem and Rose
https://youtu.be/lRCyQ5XDMt4
https://youtu.be/AlC1HO11hkY

That doesn't mean that I'm not losing to annoying tactics anymore, see below (I'm Cerrone).
https://youtu.be/GChqNuMKWy4

That guy stuck to me like glue and I couldn't create distance to save my life nor be effective with stationary strikes...
1000x better brotha.

You’ll hear a lot of technical advice and tips like “Do this strike if they sway their head this way”, or “press this button when they do this takedown”, etc etc.

But fook all that... FUNDAMENTALS are way more important. I literally don’t know any advanced combos but I can beat 99.9% of the posters here on fundamentals alone, plus I got an OG xbox and 2007 samsung TV.

Simple stuff brotha, simple stuff. Stay flowey. Disengage after you land... don’t wait for them to answer back. Because after you land something, odds are they want to land something to get you back. Don’t let em! DISENGAGE.

Always remember the most important saying in MMA gaming history:

“When in doubt... D I S E N G A G E”

Your sidesteps are looking good. You’re good at anticipating their advances, and hopping to the side. But you’re limiting yourself bro... Use BACK lunges too. Like, block for a second, then when they rush in, just lunge backwards. They’ll miss, and you’ll be chilling there with a full bar of stamina, like whats good. You can literally do whatever you want while their fat *** is wobbling away all gassed.

Also, after you lunge out of the way, you don’t have to throw anything. I notice you throwing a lot of straight punches after a lunge evasion. You don’t have to. Those guys are literally defeating themselves trying to take your head off like that. The W is already yours, just take your time and enjoy the meal. It’s literally becoming more and more garunteed with every strike they throw. Just casually dash backwards, disengage. Start to advance on them, but then suddenly cancel your combo and back off. They’ll flail their arms... just sit back and watch their stamina bar diminish.

You’ve cut the output down, which is great... but you honestly could cut it down MORE and still eat these guys alive. I’d recommend it. I seriously think it’s like a shortcut to becoming skilled at the game - cut down your output drastically and learn movement. Stamina, defense, master that stuff. Always win the STAMINA and DEFENSE game. A hormone deeply ingrained in the human body will cause twinges of rage in even the most stable human beings, when the stamina battle is being lost.

You’re still forcing a few combos, but it’s no biggie. You’re obviously improving at a ridiculous rate, so just keep on staying RELAXED and copping Ws. The W is yours brotha, just move around and chill, and make them hand it to you.

Regarding your ground game, the fundamentals are there. Don’t get some idea in your head like “aww shucks we’re on the ground, I’m gonna get up now”. EMBRACE THAT **** BREH. The ground game is where the W is sucked from the souls of men.

After a successful sprawl? RUN THE CLOCK BRO. They’re your possession now. There is no “automatically get on top” button. So when you’re on top, you can CHILL there. Make them squirm. You know how to deny transitions right? OF COURSE YOU DO. THATS LIGHT WORK. FLICK THAT STICK, SHUT THEM DAAOOWWNN. Just kick back in your chair, deny transitions, and watch the W get rolled out on a golden table with wheels.

Seriously though, embrace the ground game. And do it now. Not tomorrow. Don’t wait... you’re just limiting yourself. Embrace it the exact same as the standup.

You got beautiful timing and movement. You dominate the standup with defense alone. If it hits the mat, embrace that. DEFENSE AND STAMINA. If you deny a transition, go ahead and transition. No rush, just transition and repeat the process.

Ground game is so easy dude. Everyone sucks on the ground, if you just put the slightest effort into learning denials and EMBRACING the ground game, you’ll bypass all these fools who limit themselves to striking only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
1000x better brotha.

You’ll hear a lot of technical advice and tips like “Do this strike if they sway their head this way”, or “press this button when they do this takedown”, etc etc.

But fook all that... FUNDAMENTALS are way more important. I literally don’t know any advanced combos but I can beat 99.9% of the posters here on fundamentals alone, plus I got an OG xbox and 2007 samsung TV.

Simple stuff brotha, simple stuff. Stay flowey. Disengage after you land... don’t wait for them to answer back. Because after you land something, odds are they want to land something to get you back. Don’t let em! DISENGAGE.

Always remember the most important saying in MMA gaming history:

“When in doubt... D I S E N G A G E”

Your sidesteps are looking good. You’re good at anticipating their advances, and hopping to the side. But you’re limiting yourself bro... Use BACK lunges too. Like, block for a second, then when they rush in, just lunge backwards. They’ll miss, and you’ll be chilling there with a full bar of stamina, like whats good. You can literally do whatever you want while their fat *** is wobbling away all gassed.

Also, after you lunge out of the way, you don’t have to throw anything. I notice you throwing a lot of straight punches after a lunge evasion. You don’t have to. Those guys are literally defeating themselves trying to take your head off like that. The W is already yours, just take your time and enjoy the meal. It’s literally becoming more and more garunteed with every strike they throw. Just casually dash backwards, disengage. Start to advance on them, but then suddenly cancel your combo and back off. They’ll flail their arms... just sit back and watch their stamina bar diminish.

You’ve cut the output down, which is great... but you honestly could cut it down MORE and still eat these guys alive. I’d recommend it. I seriously think it’s like a shortcut to becoming skilled at the game - cut down your output drastically and learn movement. Stamina, defense, master that stuff. Always win the STAMINA and DEFENSE game. A hormone deeply ingrained in the human body will cause twinges of rage in even the most stable human beings, when the stamina battle is being lost.

You’re still forcing a few combos, but it’s no biggie. You’re obviously improving at a ridiculous rate, so just keep on staying RELAXED and copping Ws. The W is yours brotha, just move around and chill, and make them hand it to you.

Regarding your ground game, the fundamentals are there. Don’t get some idea in your head like “aww shucks we’re on the ground, I’m gonna get up now”. EMBRACE THAT **** BREH. The ground game is where the W is sucked from the souls of men.

After a successful sprawl? RUN THE CLOCK BRO. They’re your possession now. There is no “automatically get on top” button. So when you’re on top, you can CHILL there. Make them squirm. You know how to deny transitions right? OF COURSE YOU DO. THATS LIGHT WORK. FLICK THAT STICK, SHUT THEM DAAOOWWNN. Just kick back in your chair, deny transitions, and watch the W get rolled out on a golden table with wheels.

Seriously though, embrace the ground game. And do it now. Not tomorrow. Don’t wait... you’re just limiting yourself. Embrace it the exact same as the standup.

You got beautiful timing and movement. You dominate the standup with defense alone. If it hits the mat, embrace that. DEFENSE AND STAMINA. If you deny a transition, go ahead and transition. No rush, just transition and repeat the process.

Ground game is so easy dude. Everyone sucks on the ground, if you just put the slightest effort into learning denials and EMBRACING the ground game, you’ll bypass all these fools who limit themselves to striking only.
Will try to further reduce the output and focus on defence and stamina preservation. It's not easy against extreme pressure players though, in those cases I need to throw back if I don't want to be bullied...
Old 02-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Will try to further reduce the output and focus on defence and stamina preservation. It's not easy against extreme pressure players though, in those cases I need to throw back if I don't want to be bullied...
A straight strike stops forward moving strikes. Lunging jab gives enough hit stun 2 run. You dont NEED to throw back. You need to remain calm and use good movement if theyre in your face theyre in clinching range. You can punish them for being in your face.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #14
MVP

Just elbow knee, it’s fantastic and deves never had interest in fix it
Old 02-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
That’s where learning grappling comes in

Pressure guys are easy pickins for the clinch/ double leg

Good Grappler is a master of grappling so listen to anything he says there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Just elbow knee, it’s fantastic and deves never had interest in fix it
Tell me about it, just got beaten in a title fight by a knee/elbow spammer, very annoying...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »