Home

Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Spot on. I always tell Parker look what he's created. A bunch of bootleg clones of him running around on ranked, and it is boring. It's an alternate version of bobblehead season in which nearly everybody has the same style, except now it's with the magnetic body straight.

ALOT of edparkers on ranked, hes become the Conor of ea ufc, ironically enough. I actually think Advaita has a great style, I donít see a lot of guys who fight with their backs against the cage comfortably nearly as much.

To Martial, if we match up expect me to use McGregor, , shuffle constantly, breathe heavily randomly, jab straight to he body and speak in an irish accent
Old 01-30-2019, 04:06 AM   #18
Rookie

Sitting on the fence - only discovered discovered the combo myself over the last week.

I've noticed it working against the players who throw a lot of straights.

Is this not potentially a tool to deal with aggressive fighters?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-30-2019, 04:54 AM   #19
Rookie

There used to be some knee spammers not long after release as well. Then they slowed down blocking a few patches ago and now the knee spammers are back again. Lol. With and uncatchable side kicks you have to lunge around like a teleporting cartoon character.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:50 AM   #20
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
Sitting on the fence - only discovered discovered the combo myself over the last week.

I've noticed it working against the players who throw a lot of straights.

Is this not potentially a tool to deal with aggressive fighters?

No not really. This benefits offensive fighters, because if you try to back up and get away, they'll just feint the jab and speed boost the straight magnetically. If you try to lunge, due to the body punch issues where they track lunges for some God forsaken reason, the shot will track you, rather than have them going right by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
There used to be some knee spammers not long after release as well. Then they slowed down blocking a few patches ago and now the knee spammers are back again. Lol. With and uncatchable side kicks you have to lunge around like a teleporting cartoon character.

Knees do less damage now to LTS, and I've learned practicing timing the catch does dividends.

With the uncatchable side kicks, something I've realized is so simple, and ironically was the reason they were made uncatchable, because they're pretty hard to land if you just circle. Seriously, move in a circle with the left stick to maintain the center of the octagon, and it'll miss ever so slightly it's hilarious. If you side step it with proper timing, you get a free hook that is almost guaranteed to rock them. I only suggest lunging when they're coming forward with the side kick, so that way they get planted against the cage.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:56 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
No not really. This benefits offensive fighters, because if you try to back up and get away, they'll just feint the jab and speed boost the straight magnetically. If you try to lunge, due to the body punch issues where they track lunges for some God forsaken reason, the shot will track you, rather than have them going right by.

Knees do less damage now to LTS, and I've learned practicing timing the catch does dividends.

With the uncatchable side kicks, something I've realized is so simple, and ironically was the reason they were made uncatchable, because they're pretty hard to land if you just circle. Seriously, move in a circle with the left stick to maintain the center of the octagon, and it'll miss ever so slightly it's hilarious. If you side step it with proper timing, you get a free hook that is almost guaranteed to rock them. I only suggest lunging when they're coming forward with the side kick, so that way they get planted against the cage.
If we could just fix the body punch/lunge issues, that would resolve a bigger problem whilst "nerfing" the jab feint, body straight.

Whilst I know exactly what you mean about the straight zipping across to land when doing the jab feint, rather than back out, if you do the R1+R2 retreat, that would evade the strike, no?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 06:59 AM   #22
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
If we could just fix the body punch/lunge issues, that would resolve a bigger problem whilst "nerfing" the jab feint, body straight.

Whilst I know exactly what you mean about the straight zipping across to land when doing the jab feint, rather than back out, if you do the R1+R2 retreat, that would evade the strike, no?

Yes, and then that ontop of the stamina used to avoid it, you likely have your back against the cage. It depends if the stamina disadvantage is worth it. If strikes could flow better off of the retreat, then we'd have something special.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 01-30-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:02 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

Do the little sidesteps work for avoiding side kicks and front kicks? The ones where you flick the left stick I mean.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:08 AM   #24
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Do the little sidesteps work for avoiding side kicks and front kicks? The ones where you flick the left stick I mean.
Yep, although I prefer slipping front kicks than trying to side step them. Side stepping side kicks work better though. What I do now is simply circle rather than try to time a side step, unless I am absolutely sure it's coming. They should reduce the push back on a blocked side kick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »