Home

Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:42 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Yep, although I prefer slipping front kicks than trying to side step them. Side stepping side kicks work better though. What I do now is simply circle rather than try to time a side step, unless I am absolutely sure it's coming. They should reduce the push back on a blocked side kick.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I normally circle if I'm on the back foot or lunge but if I'm trying to pressure then I think the sidestep might work better. I'll have to try it though. Circling could probably still work naturally as I cut off the cage anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Have you ever fought before? Sparred? Genuine question. Feinting is ever so prevalent in fighting and is literally done in all fights. It shouldn't cost that much in game to feint. What should be dealt with is the SPEED up from the feints.
Yes, I currently fight irl. I am not sure where you read that I did not think that feinting was not an essential part of fighting (and frankly... my personal fight life has nothing to do with it).

WHAT I DID SAY is that feinting should tax your stamina a bit more. And of course there should be no "speed boost" from feinting.

And in response to another one of your posts to me regarding players vs devs... I will point the finger as I see fit. Nothing you can say will change that. This is an MMA game not a K1 striking game.

I criticize because I love the sport and want to see an accurate representation of it (somewhat like American Football fans have with Madden... or better yet the NFL2K series).
Old 01-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #27
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
Yes, I currently fight irl. I am not sure where you read that I did not think that feinting was not an essential part of fighting (and frankly... my personal fight life has nothing to do with it).

WHAT I DID SAY is that feinting should tax your stamina a bit more. And of course there should be no "speed boost" from feinting.

And in response to another one of your posts to me regarding players vs devs... I will point the finger as I see fit. Nothing you can say will change that. This is an MMA game not a K1 striking game.

I criticize because I love the sport and want to see an accurate representation of it (somewhat like American Football fans have with Madden... or better yet the NFL2K series).
If i disagreed more and harder with that, i'd have an Aneurysm.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #28
Rookie

Certain feints should speed up the strike after it since you could use the momentum you got from feinting.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
If i disagreed more and harder with that, i'd have an Aneurysm.
Tbh feinting on this game just isnt right, due to the lack of power of anything.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:32 PM   #30
Banned

I dont like how early the animations cancel i want to 'sell' more of my techniques. People dont really bite on feints
Old 02-02-2019, 06:46 AM   #31
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I know this thread may rile up some players, but please read.
First and foremost, I do not consider this combination to be this massive game-altering combo, I always get someone who needs to school me on how to play EA UFC 3 when I bring up a point.

This combination has now become a crux combination for a lot of higher level players. The jab feint acts as a speed buffer for the body cross and allows it to come out at great speeds and cover great distance. It's a very effective tool which is difficult to counter, your counter has be predictive rather than reactive given its speed, high evasion and high recovery, but chances are you will most likely end up missing and gassing more. The best defensive option, in my opinion, are the block counters and movement.

My issue from this doesn't come from a gameplay point as much, but more from a fighting realism perspective. I understand that this is a game, but it does take away from the experience when I see this combination's success rate and high usage. It's uncommon for fighters in MMA to throw a forward moving body cross at the rate and way it's thrown now. Generally, a body cross can be an effective weapon, but it's usually disguised several times in combinations or as a counter to forward movement, and aimed as a power shot to the solar plexus. The body jab is thrown more consistent with the way the jab feint-cross is currently being utilized. Body crosses are also usually thrown with feet planted or against the cage. Conor being an exception to this rule generally.

I would prefer that the damage caused by body crosses be slightly increased and the speed, evasion or recovery be adjusted for the strike. While the body jab can have this function (in the style of JDS-rothwell)

What are your thoughts on the jab feint body cross?

Some facts:
1. Strike feints does NOT add any speed or damage bonus to the follow up strike.
2. Strike feint is just NOT cancelling Hard Combo, Jab-body Cross is a Hard combo, so even w/o Jab feint the full combo will have the same speed body cross. This is a proof of #1.
3. BODY Jab feint - Head Cross has the same speed as Head jab feint - Body Cross.

> RESUME: Feint is NOT a problem, Hard combo speed of this i think is OK, this is realistic and authentic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #32
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Some facts:
1. Strike feints does NOT add any speed or damage bonus to the follow up strike.
2. Strike feint is just NOT cancelling Hard Combo, Jab-body Cross is a Hard combo, so even w/o Jab feint the full combo will have the same speed body cross. This is a proof of #1.
3. BODY Jab feint - Head Cross has the same speed as Head jab feint - Body Cross.

> RESUME: Feint is NOT a problem, Hard combo speed of this i think is OK, this is realistic and authentic.
Oh, so you're blind now.

There is a clear visual speed up if you time the body straight correctly after the feint, it's been confirmed already. Watch the #1 Player on Ranked on PS4, EdParker02, he does it ALL the time.

https://youtu.be/5xqaUEMzqOI 11:30-11:33 you will clearly see the sped up body cross.

You can speed up the lead body uppercut too with the jab feint.

Nobody said anything about a damage increase, it's the speed boost people have an issue with.

Do you actually play Ranked at all? Genuine question.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 02-02-2019 at 07:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »