Home

Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2019, 07:37 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
You can only counter with a block counter on the lead leg side, with a lead hook against other hooks or Overhands when it lands on the block. Block counters are unblockable, but can be swayed.
Thanks

That explains why I’ve found then so inconsistent lol
Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 AM   #58
Rookie

Uppercuts I find work the best.. guys that do it are pretty easy to get the timing down for, even the high level guys. You just have to have your blocking and footwork on point to frustrate them and draw them towards you for that well timed uppercut counter or else the guys really good at it will chew up your stamina fast.

In my experience, an above average blocking and defensive game along with some patience works wonders against these guys as long as you don't let them frustrate you.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:11 AM   #59
Pro

What if Sugata turned out to be like an absolute monster on this game? Like he just signs up for ESFL and smokes everyone. Proves that everything he’s ever posted is 100% correct.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #60
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
What if Sugata turned out to be like an absolute monster on this game? Like he just signs up for ESFL and smokes everyone. Proves that everything he’s ever posted is 100% correct.
Lmao I'd love to see that happen.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #61
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

You can have a deep understand of mechanics without necessarily having the skill to use them. There are many coaches in MMA for example with a deep understanding of Martial Arts, and are amazing coaches, but weren't great competitors themselves.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You can have a deep understand of mechanics without necessarily having the skill to use them. There are many coaches in MMA for example with a deep understanding of Martial Arts, and are amazing coaches, but weren't great competitors themselves.
Difference is, if you understand the game, you should be able to compete at a high level. Because knowledge is all that matters in a game.

Whereas in real life, you also have to have physical talents. So someone may be an MMA genius, but he’s not physically capable of competing with the elite.

When it comes to EA UFC 3, I absolutely believe that to partake in discussions about competitive, high level meta, you have to be a top player. I’m not saying you can’t participate in discussion at all unless you’re good. But you shouldn’t inject your opinions as truth, because it just detracts from the productivity of the discussion. This is sort of my (and many others) issue with sugata. He’s talking about things that basically, unless he’s truly elite, he shouldn’t be talking about.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #63
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I disagree strongly.

I think the guy that has been playing fighting games hardcore for a decade, and has literal journals full of notes and data, and obviously dedicates a ton of time to labbing and figuring out precisely how things work is an asset to the community.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Difference is, if you understand the game, you should be able to compete at a high level. Because knowledge is all that matters in a game.

Whereas in real life, you also have to have physical talents. So someone may be an MMA genius, but he’s not physically capable of competing with the elite.

When it comes to EA UFC 3, I absolutely believe that to partake in discussions about competitive, high level meta, you have to be a top player. I’m not saying you can’t participate in discussion at all unless you’re good. But you shouldn’t inject your opinions as truth, because it just detracts from the productivity of the discussion. This is sort of my (and many others) issue with sugata. He’s talking about things that basically, unless he’s truly elite, he shouldn’t be talking about.
you can't teach reaction time. all the knowledge in the world doesn't really equate to playing at a high level necessarily

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »