Home

Why Lando???

This is a discussion on Why Lando??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2019, 12:11 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why Lando???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
John Makdessi is super legit. Also to KO a lifelong traditional martial artist with a spinning hook the way that he did was insanely impressive.

Also it's not like he literally lost 5 fights.. 2 are draws which he arguably won. And his other loses weren't blow outs either. Almost finished Ferguson on short notice. All his fights were very close.

Hes similar to a guy like Marc Diakiese, who has lost his last 3 also, but is obviously extremely skilled.

If you really wanna go deep. Lando has an arguably better track record in his last 6 than a high profile guy like Chris Weidman. Who is 2-4 with all 4 losses by way of knockout, where at least Landos fights are competitive, and he hes not just getting put out repeatedly.
Good post, Weidman’s another high level guy who’s fight results don’t accurately convey his actual skill level. Except Weidman’s way more skilled. IMO still a top 5 middleweight. He just gets slapped with Ls all the time though.

Look at his most recent fight, had he not been clipped by Jacare late in the 3rd round, he was on his way to the most impressive performance of his career. Completely shut down Jacare, pieced him up on the feet with beautiful boxing and showed improved footwork. He was looking great, a minute away from a dominant win over a top 3 MW. Then he gets clipped, TKOed, and all anyone sees is that L.

All his Ls have been like that. Where he’s winning a fight against the best guys in the division, then a brief mental lapse, and it’s over.

Rockhold - he was doing well, and the momentum was clearly shifting in his favor. His kicks and pressure were finally wearing on a visibly frustrated Luke Rockhold, who was tiring due to his foot infection. Weidman senses the momentum shift, and gets overzealous - throwing a spinning headkick. That let Rockhold get him down, mount him, and finish the fight.

Romero - he was winning a close fight. Using his kicks well, out wrestling Romero in a majorty of the exchanges. Then he shoots a poorly timed TD - instant knee KO.

Mousasi - he was winning. No debate he was up on points. The TDs and top control won him the first and second round. I’ll admit the momentum was shifting in Mousasi’s favor, but the ref blew him that fight. The ref called time out and deemed the knee illegal. Weidman therefore did exactly what you’re supposed to do when hit by a vicious knee that the ref deems illegal - stay down and make sure a point is deducted. Weidman never claimed it was illegal, and he never went down from the knee. The ref stopped the action, and said it was illegal. And all Weidman knew is “it hurt, so if it was illegal, I better make sure they deduct a point”. Yet when the ref discovers that the knee was legal - suddenly Weidman’s punished for it, as if he was the one who claimed it was illegal. Instead of letting Weidman continue (which he was fully willing and capable of doing), they wave off the contest and give Mousasi a TKO win.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 02-09-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #18
Pro

I’d rather they dust off the Sean O’Connell model and give us the Real million dollar OC.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
I’d rather they dust off the Sean O’Connell model and give us the Real million dollar OC.
That's a hard LOL.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #20
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Whittaker out of the main event. Lando moved to Co Main on the PPV. Even with a 1-5 record. That shows you his stock with the fans, and how much UFC values him win or lose.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Whittaker out of the main event. Lando moved to Co Main on the PPV. Even with a 1-5 record. That shows you his stock with the fans, and how much UFC values him win or lose.
Actually it doesnt really. The reason they moved the Lando fights is because contractually they cant move the ESPN fights to the main card. They took the best fight of the Fight Pass prelims (the Lando fight) and put it on because its their only choice.

With that said, given his FON history its a great choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 02:24 AM   #22
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Yeah and Steve bose so you could try and recreate the War they had!
Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 AM   #23
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Question Re: Why Lando???

When Lando??
Old 02-13-2019, 05:34 AM   #24
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
When Lando??
I second this. Give me Lando Banana Vannata.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »