Home

Should Anthony smith be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should Anthony smith be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should anthony smith and ben askren be in the game?
Yes 22 88.00%
No 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should Anthony smith be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
Lol wait a second I was thrown off by the “no” option, that was some trickery. I knew “yes” wasn’t my opinion, so my brain automatically picked the other option. Then I realize I was actually tricked into saying I’m opposed to adding Anthony Smith, which I’m not.

That’s like if I made a poll “Should Ben Askren be in the game?” And the only options were “yes” or “I go weeks at a time without showering”.
Troll a man with good intentions. Cute.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #34
Banned

"u want current roster. U stoopid bro. We dont need that"
Old 02-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Troll a man with good intentions. Cute.
I don’t think anyone is against adding Anthony Smith. Assuming he does well against Jones, he’s probably garunteed to be added. Is there a reason to think otherwise? Did a dev say no more new fighters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #36
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
The poll didn’t make sense, with your logic it should be an automatic yes. Which is proven , when you call people dumb for voting no.

Again, why would someone say no to adding a free additional fighter ? If it has no barring on others being added?

Hell I could make a poll and say should Herb Dean be added ? If it has zero impact on other fighters being added , what would the consequence be in putting him in?

The poll should’ve said should either Herb dean be added or Anthony Smith ? At that’s point its a choice , with it being implied its one or the other.

“Should more ground transitions be added to the game , don’t worry your vote will have no ramifications on other future planned dlc” —- why would anyone vote no?

The problem with that arguement is that adding Herb Dean does in fact impact having other fighters added.

Which is precisely why we have Bruce Buffer, Dana White, and 2 fake boxers instead of Smith, Santos, Vanatta, and Askren.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #37
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I don’t think anyone is against adding Anthony Smith. Assuming he does well against Jones, he’s probably garunteed to be added. Is there a reason to think otherwise? Did a dev say no more new fighters?
As far as I know, Abert alluded to No, there will be no more new fighters being added at this point.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-20-2019, 06:05 PM   #38
Banned

Holbert said clearly askren and others wont be in till ufc 4. Very poor choice as we havent had a current roster in this games lifespan. Im a smart consumer. I dont buy games impulsively and the ones i buy I expect complete rosters at least if its going to take patches to balance. Weve gotten **** fighters in terms of rising stars. Makes me feel less immersed in an mma game with a "we have to be fair" ground game.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
"u want current roster. U stoopid bro. We dont need that"
Right but that has literally been said by no one. You just invented some random idea, then claimed it be the opinion of anyone who didn’t vote “yes”. And then you proceeded to call us out for that opinion that we actually don’t have.

To me, I don’t specifically want him, but if he was added that would be fine. I’d prefer some other fighters, but I’m not opposed to Smith. So since “yes” wouldn’t accurately reflect my opinion, I naturally went with the other option. I actually tried to take it back when I realized I don’t oppose Smith, as “no” would imply. But it was too late, the poll tricked me. “Don’t care” would have been better than “no”.

Anyways I didn’t realize we’re done getting new fighters. If that’s the case, I vote yes for any and all roster fighters the devs will let us squeeze in.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Should Anthony smith be in the game?

Quote:
Holbert said clearly askren and others wont be in till ufc 4. Very poor choice as we havent had a current roster in this games lifespan. Im a smart consumer. I dont buy games impulsively and the ones i buy I expect complete rosters at least if its going to take patches to balance. Weve gotten **** fighters in terms of rising stars. Makes me feel less immersed in an mma game with a "we have to be fair" ground game.

To clarify, GPD stated here that there are no current plans for any more patches. Given that there are no current plans and patches are the only way to add new fighters.....that means no new fighters

On another note, no MMA game has ever had a completely current roster during its lifespan. People were making the same complaints about Will Brooks being missing from ufc 2 as they are about Askren. The rosters of the THQ games were far from updated either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »