Home

Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

This is a discussion on Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #25
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Yea were pretty much on the same page with this one lol. I honestly don't have a problem with people who throw lots of strikes, I usually have them gassed by the end of the round. You have to mix in body shots though, I think the point others are trying to make is that you have to work to hard to gas someone out who is throwing an absurd amount of strikes when they would in reality be more than gassed.

I honestly don't have many gripes with the stamina system in this game, but I definitely understand where others are coming from.

A bit off topic, but my main gripe with this game is how useless leg kicks are, there is literally no reason to throw a leg kick over a body kick except a few select scenarios. Leg damage really does nothing aside from grapple advantage. No movement slowdown, no power or footwork reduction, nothing. I feel they're the most overlooked part of this game and need a complete overhaul the next series.
The one thing that may seem miniscule but would change leg kicks drastically, would be:

Having the move level affect how easy it is to check the leg kick.

It takes the same amount of effort to check an Edgar Leg Kick vs an Aldo Leg Kick.

Which is absurd.

I also think, the higher your leg kick move level is, the less damage you should take from a check.

They did this with body kicks, with guys with higher level body kicks having harder to catch kicks, and it worked out pretty well.

I would DEFINITELY agree with a prolonged limp animation, like the one during the health event, after a 2nd or 3rd Leg Health Event. Remember, leg health doesn't regen.

It should also affect strikes that have to be loaded up on said leg.

So if your opponent switches stances to keep that leg from getting hurt again, that overhand should be marginally weaker ( and have a slower start up time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2019, 06:11 PM   #26
MVP

@Romero, @BigSmoke
Quote:
I think even one badly damaged leg should result in power reduction and significantly slower movement. Even the top players say that leg kicks not great for 3 round fights because you can't break both legs. I think there should be consequences if even one of your legs gets chopped up, with the switch stance being merely a way to avoid getting your leg damaged further, rather than to essentially activate another health bar for yourself along with that. You should feel much slower, and with less power behind your strikes, all depending on how badly the leg is hurt. I think the movement speed should start togradually decrease (with each kick) once the health of one leg gets to about 70-75% , whereas power should start dropping when about 50% of the leg's health is gone. If both legs reach these sorts of numbers, this should be reflected and the consequences will be, say, twice as severe, since both legs will be badly damaged.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
For anyone saying that pressure is not an issue (i.e. tomitomi or whatever his name is) here is your proof. This guy (aldo) is in the top 100.
Apparently I'm a pressure apologist now? I've said for months that I thought the game would be better if there was a soft cap on strike volume lol.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #28
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Apparently I'm a pressure apologist now? I've said for months that I thought the game would be better if there was a soft cap on strike volume lol.
I can vouch for you on that as well.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
All I care about, is significant stamina depletion heading into Round 2 if you hit x amount of strikes. Obvious character stats should be in mind, but McGregor is not going to throw 200 strikes in round one and be fresh in Round two, in comparison to Holloway who has already proven he can throw over 100 in a round and keep that same pace he has in Round 1 to the end of the fight.

Of course, you have to provide a threat to your opponents offense, if you're getting overwhelmed/swarmed IRL, well you're going to be taking damage. Look at Luque vs Barbarena for example. It adds up.

The block can't be your savior and you have to learn intelligent defense, i.e. head movement and lunges to get out of the way and tax your opponents stamina. You can't have a game where, I'm just going to camp behind the block and let my opponent gas out, that's just as unrealistic.

Again, I would ask for a 1%-2% increase in Stam drain for blocked strikes, and for a specific threshold (depending on your Accuracy and strikes landed) to affect your stamina recovery.

If I'm landing 70 out of 100 strikes, why is my stamina going to be punished because you chose to be a punching bag? Don't call landing strikes irrelevant, because that matters.

Conversely, if I'm throwing like a mongoloid, throwing 220 strikes and landing only 40, I damn well should be gassed heading into that second round.

There needs to be a balance.
Allowing more stamina loss to blocked stiles would force players to be more efficient and slow down the game. That immediately makes it a chess match especially when using powerful strikers. More stamina drain from Holloway makes Jeremy Stephens more powerful. Too much activity from Stephens opens you up to Holloway teeing off. Makes his perks stand out as well.
In the Scenario that Holloway tees off is then more risky because you could end up losing your advantage and it's back to square one where Stephens has similar stamina and his power is suddenly as scary in later rounds as it was in round 1.
I think there should be more bleed through with hitting block so that you have something to gain for being active.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-22-2019, 10:44 PM   #30
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefrenna1
Allowing more stamina loss to blocked stiles would force players to be more efficient and slow down the game. That immediately makes it a chess match especially when using powerful strikers. More stamina drain from Holloway makes Jeremy Stephens more powerful. Too much activity from Stephens opens you up to Holloway teeing off. Makes his perks stand out as well.
In the Scenario that Holloway tees off is then more risky because you could end up losing your advantage and it's back to square one where Stephens has similar stamina and his power is suddenly as scary in later rounds as it was in round 1.
I think there should be more bleed through with hitting block so that you have something to gain for being active.

You're basically back to square one with block breaking if you increase the bleed though.

E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 02-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
You're basically back to square one with block breaking if you increase the bleed though.

Yeah? If it that's the case then scrap that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #32
Rookie

i think Fight Night Champion did stamina perfectly tbh, you actually had to fight smart and manage your output in order to get a decent % of stamina back after the round.

and if you fought someone who just swung like a crazy person they were screwed by round 2-3 and would usually just end up disconnecting cause they knew they were done, or they stayed and got knocked out.

one of my favourite things from my FNC days was playing this joe frazier OWC i made at HW, fighting all these max height/reach (6'8 with 88 reach lmao) power straight spammers, or just cheesers in general, i'd play it safe early but still stay in their face working the body and eventually by the middle rounds i'd start destroying them because playing smart paid off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »