Home

Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

This is a discussion on Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefrenna1
Allowing more stamina loss to blocked stiles would force players to be more efficient and slow down the game. That immediately makes it a chess match especially when using powerful strikers. More stamina drain from Holloway makes Jeremy Stephens more powerful. Too much activity from Stephens opens you up to Holloway teeing off. Makes his perks stand out as well.
In the Scenario that Holloway tees off is then more risky because you could end up losing your advantage and it's back to square one where Stephens has similar stamina and his power is suddenly as scary in later rounds as it was in round 1.
I think there should be more bleed through with hitting block so that you have something to gain for being active.
Or maybe guys would still play aggressively and get more early finishes because the defender has less leeway to learn the aggressor's patterns.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Or maybe guys would still play aggressively and get more early finishes because the defender has less leeway to learn the aggressor's patterns.
That's a Great point. I'm just spitballing here man. You're right though

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #35
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKITZADACTYL
i think Fight Night Champion did stamina perfectly tbh, you actually had to fight smart and manage your output in order to get a decent % of stamina back after the round.

and if you fought someone who just swung like a crazy person they were screwed by round 2-3 and would usually just end up disconnecting cause they knew they were done, or they stayed and got knocked out.

one of my favourite things from my FNC days was playing this joe frazier OWC i made at HW, fighting all these max height/reach (6'8 with 88 reach lmao) power straight spammers, or just cheesers in general, i'd play it safe early but still stay in their face working the body and eventually by the middle rounds i'd start destroying them because playing smart paid off.
FNC was great offline, it was a horrendous cheesefest online as you got better. I did like the stamina to an extent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 05:57 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
Hi All,

I recently stopped playing UFC 3 due to the total disregard EA has shown for representing this sport accurately in a video game. It appears that their focus was making a game that allowed people to stand and bang.

I came back on last night and what you see attached is my first fight back. THIS GUY THREW 228 STRIKES IN 1 ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone saying that pressure is not an issue (i.e. tomitomi or whatever his name is) here is your proof. This guy (aldo) is in the top 100.

After this round he threw another 166 strikes in the second round.

I know that in NBA 2k it is normal to score 150 points in the first quarter...errr no its not, let me try again....

I know that in FIFA it is normal to score 15 goals in the first period...errr no its not... let me try again....

I know in EA NHL it is normal to score 20 goals in the first period....errrr. no its not let me....

NO OTHER SPORTS GAME HAS SUCH A RIDICULOUS AND GLARING ISSUE LIKE THE STAMINA IN EA MMA!!

WHY IN THE HELL IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO THROW 400 STRIKES IN 2 ROUNDS?!?!? WHEN HAS THIS EVER COME CLOSE TO HAPPENING?

YOU WONT FIND MANY FIGHTS IN MK, STREET FIGHTER, TEKKEN, JUMP FORCE or EVEN KILLER INSTICT THAT INCLUDE ONE FIGHTER THROWING TWO HUNDRED AND F-ING TWENTY-EIGHT STRIKES IN ROUND 1!

On another note... I was matched with this guy one fight later (another issue with this game) and knocked him out in the first round. I threw 46 strikes compared to his 208.

We need to demand better from EA. Notice how there is next to no communication now? When they decide that it is time to start selling you UFC4 ... demand that they address these issues before they wow you with the "Updated fighter models" or "The ability to fight as Judge Mathis" or how "This roster is bigger than ever" or "How they have revamped the ground game"

None of that matters if they do not address the stamina and connectivity issues.

in UFC2 UT LW div it was pretty much like that, people with maxed stamina could just throw everything in 3rounds, but at least we had parry there.

UFC 3 just rewards combos, combo queue, more offensive tools than defensive, defensive tools nerfed into oblivion, block breaking, combo levels making spam stronger, faster and stamina effective, grappling nerfed into oblivion, for any grappling feature added to game they make sure to give strikers twice as much options to evade or escape

slightest online delay will throw any timing into garbage can

and i wonder if people with elite controllers can actually program combos there, because what i was like yesterday in women UT, was just surreal, that wasnt UFC that was machine gun shooting left, right 10strike combos when u move forward half inch, ridiculous

people on this forum says there s no problem with pressure

then i watch Swiss Libax fighting AAron21 on Ricky J tournament or what it was in like semifinals and especially their 3rd fight is really interesting, that Libax burnt his stamina to like 30%, while Aaron is on like something around 70% but Libax still keeps pressuring until he KOes Aaron

hm defensive tools yeah right and then guy is stopped in finals by Edparker

i dont know who exactly was in this tournament but i would think the top players i pressume

so if pressure fighter (smart pressure fighter) can get this high, that i think it s safe to say we got problem here
Old 02-27-2019, 07:18 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I prefer that way, it’s how it works... guys go for all in, to get the finish, or they finish or they get gassed.
We have other options to defend our self, the problem is that the game only punish the spammer if we use 2 of them
Old 03-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #38
Rookie

quick idea: heart rate should influence stamina drain
so if u throw lot of punches in short time ur heartbeat goes up and if u keep throwing stamina drain will increase

maybe this can be somehow put into Heart stat but keep it in values that if somebody goes nonstop pressure spam they wont last 2 rounds
Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
quick idea: heart rate should influence stamina drain
so if u throw lot of punches in short time ur heartbeat goes up and if u keep throwing stamina drain will increase

maybe this can be somehow put into Heart stat but keep it in values that if somebody goes nonstop pressure spam they wont last 2 rounds
This is an interesting idea. However, i would like to see EA move away from the "meter" based BS (i.e. grapple meter, block meter).

I think the best remedy for high pressure spamming is increasing the damage done by timing a well placed strike. I know this exist as long as you follow these extremely rigid sway rules but man.... I should be able to time a straight and make you reconsider throwing a strike every 2 seconds.

The more I see from EA the more I realize that they are the problem. We have so many ideas that could help make a great product but they will only do what sells the most in quarter the game releases
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

There is always room for improvement, but EA Sports UFC 3 has the most realistic stamina system ever in any game ever created.

Is it ABSOLUTELY realistic? No, but it should not be, because for it to be absolutely 100% realistic, other aspects of the game would also need to be absolutely 100% realistic and as someone who favors realism a lot... I might not mind this, but i guarantee a VAST Majority of players would despise this, including many of you here.

The complaints i'm seeing here are as follows.

"Why is a fighter able to throw over 200 strikes into another fighters block in one round without gassing completely".

The answer to that question is simple.

Because in this game, a fighter CAN block over 200 full power strikes without being permanently disfigured or dead.

There's a reason why we would never see Conor McGregor throw over 200 strikes to a fighters block... Because he doesn't need to. Any fighter dumb enough to just have their hands up and let Conor tee off on their block would be KO'd in seconds.

My point? Stand in front of me with your block as tight as you possibly can hold it... give me a minute. I will knock you out COLD before i get even close to being tired.

This what the developers had to contend with while designing the stamina system. Do they make it absolutely realistic? Well then that means they'll also need to make the block EXTREMELY weak.... which means, all of you out there REFUSING to use other defensive measures would be in a much much much worse spot right now. You'd be getting ran through in seconds.

What this current stamina system does is give players more leeway with the block. You are allowed to block MUCH MUCH MUCH easier and longer than a real fighter can block... Isn't it only fair to allow the aggressor a bit more leeway with his output? If we just tasked combos but did nothing to the block, this game would be absolute trash and a turtles paradise and bros, that's not something i want.

The players in here that are telling you "Hey man, if you did other things besides block, no one would be able to throw over 200 strikes in a round at you" are correct. You sway, lunge, counter, work their body, do other things besides hold high block, you'll gas them VERY quickly.

I'm telling you guys right now, if JUST the stamina task got upped.... my goodness, you would HATE HATE HATE this game. Think about what you're asking for carefully before asking for it, especially if you're gonna base it on realism.

More stamina task MUST come with a much weaker block. Must.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »